Mailing List Archive: DAViCal: General
CardDAV not working with OSX Addressbook client?!?

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

Jens.Langner at light-speed

CardDAV not working with OSX Addressbook client?!?

Hi Andrew,

I am a long time DAViCal user and have multiple Apple clients running
with it (iOS and OSX). So far I didn't have any problems with it when
explicitly using CalDAV only. However, CardDAV support is given me a
hard time. At some point (prior to the 1.0 release of DAViCal) even
CardDAV was working fine.

But it always was kinda flaky when trying to sync CardDAV entries
between different devices. E.g. when creating/editing/syncing entries
between iOS devices everything seemed to work fine. However, OSX clients
didn't see new entries created on iOS for example.

Now it even got worse. Currently I am running the latest git version of
DAViCal on my server and while between iOS devices new entries seem to
arrive fine, OSX clients refuse to work at all at the moment. I even
tried downgrading to the official 1.0.2 release but it didn't help. I
now removed all my CardDAV entries in OSX Addressbook and reconfigured
it from scratch. While perfectly connecting to my DAViCal server, it
refuses to show any of the CardDAV entries my iOS devices show. Also the
web interface of DAViCal perfectly shows 37 number of items in my
addressbook collection.
To debug the situation I even tried to create new items using OSX
Addressbook, but my apache error_log shows the following entry after
trying that. In addition, the web interface of DAViCal didn't increment
the number of entries in my addressbook collection after having added a
test item.

See here:

-- cut here --
davical: LOG: :Response status 500 for POST
/caldav.php/damato/addressbook/9b939374-f22f-4740-939a-d4171f222d69.vcf
davical: LOG: :***************** Response Header ****************
davical: LOG: headers:-->X-Powered-By: PHP/5.3.10-pl2-gentoo
davical: LOG: headers:-->Server: 1.0
davical: LOG: headers:-->DAV: 1, 2, 3, access-control, calendar-access,
calendar-schedule
davical: LOG: headers:-->DAV: extended-mkcol, bind, addressbook,
calendar-auto-schedule, calendar-proxy
davical: LOG: headers:-->X-DAViCal-Version: DAViCal/1.0.2; DB/1.2.11
davical: LOG: headers:-->Content-type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
davical: LOG: :******************** Response ********************
davical: LOG: response:-->The application program does not understand
that request.
-- cut here --

So there really seems to be some severe problems when using DAViCal
1.0.2+ with the OSX addressbook. Do you have any hint as what is
happening and how I could help you in debugging the current situation?
And I am more than willing in helping you debugging things and getting
full OSX/iOS support back for CardDAV in DAViCal.

best regards,
jens
--
Jens Langner, Dresden/Germany