Mailing List Archive: DAViCal: General

upgrade from 0.9.9.4 to 1.0.2-r1 on gentoo-linux

DAViCal general RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

ruediger.hausmann at netcologne

upgrade from 0.9.9.4 to 1.0.2-r1 on gentoo-linux

Hi,
I'm a bit anxious to upgrade my davical installation. Is anyone around
here who uses Gentoo as well and can confirm the easyness of the
process? Or could anything go bunk?
The current database schema is at version 1.2.9.

Other related packages that will be upgraded are:

dev-php/awl-0.51-r1::gentoo [0.46::sunrise]
dev-lang/php-5.3.10-r2 [5.3.9]
dev-lang/php-5.4.1_rc1 [5.4.0_rc6]
www-servers/apache-2.4.1-r2 [2.2.21-r2]
dev-db/postgresql-server-9.1.3 [9.1.1]

Any hints are appreciated...
Rüdiger

francois.perichon at univ-lille2

Re: upgrade from 0.9.9.4 to 1.0.2-r1 on gentoo-linux [In reply to]

On 04/02/2012 10:59 PM, Rüdiger Hausmann wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm a bit anxious to upgrade my davical installation. Is anyone around
> here who uses Gentoo as well and can confirm the easyness of the
> process? Or could anything go bunk?
> The current database schema is at version 1.2.9.
>
> Other related packages that will be upgraded are:
>
> dev-php/awl-0.51-r1::gentoo [0.46::sunrise]
> dev-lang/php-5.3.10-r2 [5.3.9]
> dev-lang/php-5.4.1_rc1 [5.4.0_rc6]
> www-servers/apache-2.4.1-r2 [2.2.21-r2]
> dev-db/postgresql-server-9.1.3 [9.1.1]
>
> Any hints are appreciated...
> Rüdiger

Hi,

The upgrading process should run smooth. You will have to upgrade the
database schema manually as it is not automated in the ebuild.

You should make a backup of your database before applying the scripts,
though. If anything goes wrong, it will be easy to rollback to your
previous version.

Davical is now in the official portage tree, so feel free to post a bug
report on gentoo bugzilla if you encounter any gentoo related problem.

François Périchon

ruediger.hausmann at netcologne

Re: upgrade from 0.9.9.4 to 1.0.2-r1 on gentoo-linux [In reply to]

Hi,
my alway.php has this:
// Utilities
if ( ! @include_once('AWLUtilities.php') ) {
$try_paths = array(
'../../awl/inc'
, '/usr/share/awl/inc'
, '/usr/local/share/awl/inc'

which is obviously wrong. (Should read /usr/share/php/awl/inc)
If I change this, my error message changes (kind of progress, eh?):

*Warning*: include(DAViCalSession.php): failed to open stream: No such
file or directory in*/var/www/localdomain/htdocs/davical/index.php*on
line*11*

*Warning*: include(): Failed opening 'DAViCalSession.php' for inclusion
(include_path='../inc:/usr/share/php/awl/inc:/usr/share/php5/awl:/usr/share/webapps/davical/0.9.9.4/hostroot/inc/')
in*/var/www/localdomain/htdocs/davical/index.php*on line*11*

*Notice*: Undefined variable: session
in*/var/www/localdomain/htdocs/davical/index.php*on line*12*

*Fatal error*: Call to a member function LoginRequired() on a non-object
in*/var/www/localdomain/htdocs/davical/index.php*on line*12*

...and it does not work!

Rüdiger

Re: upgrade from 0.9.9.4 to 1.0.2-r1 on gentoo-linux [In reply to]

On 04/04/2012 05:08 PM, Rüdiger Hausmann wrote:
> Hi,
> my alway.php has this:
> // Utilities
> if ( ! @include_once('AWLUtilities.php') ) {
> $try_paths = array(
> '../../awl/inc'
> , '/usr/share/awl/inc'
> , '/usr/local/share/awl/inc'
>
> which is obviously wrong. (Should read /usr/share/php/awl/inc)
> If I change this, my error message changes (kind of progress, eh?):
>
> *Warning*: include(DAViCalSession.php): failed to open stream: No such
> file or directory in*/var/www/localdomain/htdocs/davical/index.php*on
> line*11*
>
> *Warning*: include(): Failed opening 'DAViCalSession.php' for inclusion
> (include_path='../inc:/usr/share/php/awl/inc:/usr/share/php5/awl:/usr/share/webapps/davical/0.9.9.4/hostroot/inc/')
> in*/var/www/localdomain/htdocs/davical/index.php*on line*11*
>
> *Notice*: Undefined variable: session
> in*/var/www/localdomain/htdocs/davical/index.php*on line*12*
>
> *Fatal error*: Call to a member function LoginRequired() on a non-object
> in*/var/www/localdomain/htdocs/davical/index.php*on line*12*
>
> ...and it does not work!
>
> Rüdiger
Hi,

For a reason I cannot explain, it seems Davical code hasn't been
upgraded and you still use the old code.

Reading again your first question, you didn't mention davical in the
ebuild which were upgraded. Was davical installed with the sunrise
ebuild in the first place?

Can you try to move/backup your davical directory out of htdocs and try
to re-emerge davical.

You will then have a clean, up to date, davical code in your document root.

--
François Périchon

ruediger.hausmann at netcologne

Re: upgrade from 0.9.9.4 to 1.0.2-r1 on gentoo-linux [In reply to]

OK, we're getting somewhere!

Now I get this:
*Warning*: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone
settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the
date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those
methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely
misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for
now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
in*/var/www/localhost/htdocs/davical/always.php*on line*65

I once had this solved, but I forgot how. I faintly remember adding
something to a config.php or php.ini, but forgot the syntax.

anyway. I'm getting this (and I need my calendars back, anyway!!!):
*

DAViCal Not Configured

The Bad News

There is no configuration file present in*/etc/davical/config.php*(or
in*eg-server-conf.php*) so your installation is not fully set up.

The Good News

Well, you're seeing this! At least you have DAViCal/installed/:-) You
also have Apache and PHP working and so really you are well on the road
to success!

The Dubious News

You could try andclick here <http://eg-server/setup/start_here.php>and
see if that enlightens you at all. Odds are it's a fairly broken link,
but it might work sooner or later so keep downloading new versions and
trying again. Or make some guesses. Or bug Andrew :-)

The Really Basic Help

The configuration file should look something like this:

<?php
// $c->domain_name = 'davical.example.com';
// $c->sysabbr = 'davical';
// $c->system_name = 'DAViCal CalDAV Server';

$c->admin_email = 'admin [at] example';
$c->pg_connect[] = 'dbname=davical user=davical_app';

Re: upgrade from 0.9.9.4 to 1.0.2-r1 on gentoo-linux [In reply to]

(Heck, who enabled html????)

I'm able to log in now by providing the postgresql-data to a config.php
file. The update-database script ran through, but all my principals and
resources seem history :-(

Rüdiger

Re: upgrade from 0.9.9.4 to 1.0.2-r1 on gentoo-linux [In reply to]

On 04/04/2012 07:31 PM, Rüdiger Hausmann wrote:
> OK, we're getting somewhere!
>
> Now I get this:
> *Warning*: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone
> settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the
> date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those
> methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely
> misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for
> now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
> in*/var/www/localhost/htdocs/davical/always.php*on line*65
>
> I once had this solved, but I forgot how. I faintly remember adding
> something to a config.php or php.ini, but forgot the syntax.

You must set a default timezone in your php.ini.
; Defines the default timezone used by the date functions
; http://php.net/date.timezone
date.timezone = Europe/Paris

> anyway. I'm getting this (and I need my calendars back, anyway!!!):
> *
>

> DAViCal Not Configured
>

> The Bad News
>
> There is no configuration file present in*/etc/davical/config.php*(or
> in*eg-server-conf.php*) so your installation is not fully set up.

You had a configuration file in you previous davical installation.
Maybe it is in your backup directory.
You should put this file in /etc/davical

(cf http://wiki.davical.org/w/Configuration)

Regards
--
François Périchon
Responsable CRI - Recherche

ruediger.hausmann at netcologne

Re: upgrade from 0.9.9.4 to 1.0.2-r1 on gentoo-linux [In reply to]

Am 04.04.2012 19:50, schrieb François Périchon:
> date.timezone = Europe/Paris
I have written it to all php.ini's I could find to no avail! I even made
a dedicated php.ini in davicals ht-root dir, but it does not work!!!

(Why on earth davical doesn't read it out of /etc/localtime???)

What's missing as well is the php calendar extension although I set the
appropriate flag in /etc/portage/package.use:
>=dev-lang/php-5.4.1_rc1 calendar

PHP calendar extension availableFailExplanation on DAViCal Wiki
<http://wiki.davical.org/w/Setup_Failure_Codes/PHP%20calendar%20extension%20available>

The good news is this:

Site Statistics

No. of Principals No. of Collections No. of Resources

even if I can't open any....

ruediger.hausmann at netcologne

Re: upgrade from 0.9.9.4 to 1.0.2-r1 on gentoo-linux [In reply to]

Here is how I emerged php, but davical still lists the calendar
extension as 'Fail'

[ebuild R ] dev-lang/php-5.4.1_rc1 USE="apache2 berkdb bzip2
calendar cli crypt ctype curl fileinfo filter gd gdbm hash iconv imap
ipv6 json mysql nls pdo phar posix postgres readline session simplexml
snmp ssl threads tokenizer truetype unicode xml zlib -bcmath -cdb -cgi
-cjk -curlwrappers -debug -doc -embed -enchant -exif -firebird -flatfile
-fpm -frontbase -ftp -gmp -inifile -intl -iodbc -kerberos -kolab -ldap
-ldap-sasl -libedit -mhash -mssql -mysqli -mysqlnd -oci8-instant-client
-odbc -pcntl -pic -qdbm -recode -sharedmem -soap -sockets -spell
-sqlite3 -sybase-ct -sysvipc -tidy -wddx -xmlreader -xmlrpc -xmlwriter
-xpm -xsl -zip"

Re: upgrade from 0.9.9.4 to 1.0.2-r1 on gentoo-linux [In reply to]

On 04/04/2012 08:07 PM, Rüdiger Hausmann wrote:
> Am 04.04.2012 19:50, schrieb François Périchon:
>> date.timezone = Europe/Paris
> I have written it to all php.ini's I could find to no avail! I even made
> a dedicated php.ini in davicals ht-root dir, but it does not work!!!
>
> (Why on earth davical doesn't read it out of /etc/localtime???)

This is really not a davical issue but a php one.

You don't need any dedicated php.ini. All the php.ini files should be
located in the /etc/php directory.

> What's missing as well is the php calendar extension although I set the
> appropriate flag in /etc/portage/package.use:
> >=dev-lang/php-5.4.1_rc1 calendar

In your package.use, you should write
dev-lang/php calendar

> PHP calendar extension availableFailExplanation on DAViCal Wiki
> <http://wiki.davical.org/w/Setup_Failure_Codes/PHP%20calendar%20extension%20available>

That may sound like a silly question, but did you restart your webserver
to force the reloading of you php module?

Regards
--
François Périchon

andrew at morphoss

Re: upgrade from 0.9.9.4 to 1.0.2-r1 on gentoo-linux [In reply to]

On Wed, 2012-04-04 at 20:07 +0200, Rüdiger Hausmann wrote:
> Am 04.04.2012 19:50, schrieb François Périchon:
> > date.timezone = Europe/Paris
> I have written it to all php.ini's I could find to no avail! I even made
> a dedicated php.ini in davicals ht-root dir, but it does not work!!!
>
> (Why on earth davical doesn't read it out of /etc/localtime???)

Of course what you mean is "why on earth doesn't PHP read it out
of /etc/localtime???"

And I believe the answer is that /etc/localtime is not a reliable source
for this data. While it might work that way on (some) Linux systems
there appear to be almost as many standards as there are distributions.
Not to mention what might be the case on BSD or Windows.

If you're really curious I would recommend reading the archives of the
PHP developers mailing list. It used to be the case that this warning
was not produced and PHP just used the default from some OS source. I
imagine you will find that this has come about because people were
getting unexpected results, or possibly they were getting unexpected
performance hits. By all means report back to this list with what you
discover - I'm sure we're all just as curious, but with less time to
satisfy it.

Cheers,
Andrew.

A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore.
-- Yogi Berra
Attachments: signature.asc (0.82 KB)

ruediger.hausmann at netcologne

Re: upgrade from 0.9.9.4 to 1.0.2-r1 on gentoo-linux [In reply to]

Hi Andrew, François et.al,

message received. I'll tame my tone, pardon.

It seems the problem is not related to php nor davical, but apache. I
have a bunch of errors from apache since the update that I need to sort
out before blaming anything else.

Sorry again,
Rüdiger