Mailing List Archive: DAViCal: General

Dump address book

DAViCal general RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

idefix at fechner

Mar 28, 2012, 11:51 PM

Dump address book

Dear list,

I have a backup script that download all my calendars on a daily basis,
so I can restore it as ical files if necessary.

I wanted now to test the address book implementation in davical, but the
get request is not supported here.
Is there another way to get a backup I could restore in case of crashes?

Thanks
Matthias

Rich Cook

wogri at wogri

Mar 29, 2012, 12:13 AM

Re: Dump address book [In reply to]

On 03/29/2012 08:51 AM, Matthias Fechner wrote:

> Is there another way to get a backup I could restore in case of crashes?

I guess it's not the answer that you're looking for, but you could
always dump your postgres-database.

> Thanks
> Matthias

Wolfgang

--
http://www.wogri.com

chris at netcar24

Mar 29, 2012, 12:52 AM

Re: Dump address book [In reply to]

hi,

user_no = 1002;

setting some options on psql to suppress headers and dumping output to a
'file.vcf' should do what you want...

cheers,
chris

--On Donnerstag, März 29, 2012 08:51:55 +0200 Matthias Fechner

--

netcar24 GmbH

Systems Engineer

Technologiezentrum Koblenz
Universitätsstrasse 3
56070 Koblenz

Geschäftsführer / CEO: Michael Deuse
Geschäftsführer / CTO: Karsten Stoppe
Amtsgericht Koblenz HRB 20055

HOTLINE: +49-1805-808444 *)
FAX: +49-261-8854350

cs [at] netcar24
www.netcar24.com
www.re-fleet.com

Autohausverwaltung für Profis
Softwaresolutions for automotive retail

*) 14Cent/min aus dem deutschen Festnetz
max. 42Cent/min aus dem Mobilfunknetz

E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort
netcar24 und vernichten Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren
sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht gestattet.

Disclaimer: This email and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient,
please notify netcar24 immediately and delete this email from your
system. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email
are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of
the company. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any
attachments for the presence of viruses.
Although this message was scanned for viruses before being sent, the
company accepts no liability for any loss, damage or expense resulting
directly or indirectly from the access of this e-mail or any attached
files.

andrew at morphoss

Mar 29, 2012, 2:43 AM

Re: Dump address book [In reply to]

On Thu, 2012-03-29 at 08:51 +0200, Matthias Fechner wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I have a backup script that download all my calendars on a daily basis,
> so I can restore it as ical files if necessary.
>
> I wanted now to test the address book implementation in davical, but the
> get request is not supported here.
> Is there another way to get a backup I could restore in case of crashes?

There's some scripts in current Git HEAD which can dump / load a
calendar or addressbook without using the Apache interface (calling
internal DAViCal APIs) so the next release will be better...

Cheers,
Andrew.

My cup hath runneth'd over with love.
Attachments: signature.asc (0.82 KB)

idefix at fechner

Re: Dump address book [In reply to]

Am 29.03.12 11:43, schrieb Andrew McMillan:
> There's some scripts in current Git HEAD which can dump / load a
> calendar or addressbook without using the Apache interface (calling
> internal DAViCal APIs) so the next release will be better...

thanks a lot for your answer, I will wait then for the next release.

Bye
Matthias

Rich Cook