Mailing List Archive: DAViCal: General

Help!

DAViCal general RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

dag at newtech

Mar 24, 2012, 1:57 AM

Help!

Still trying to figure out why I am getting the message in the error_log:

ERROR:Ignoring invalid VTIMEZONE with no TZID parameter!

And davical is not accepting any PUT events. Returning status 500. I assume
due to the previous error.

I also tried to add some debug statements and found the indeed the $this-
>properties Array for the event is very empty. Further debugging help would be
very much appreciated.

Best
Dag

andrew at morphoss

Re: Help! [In reply to]

On Sat, 2012-03-24 at 10:57 +0200, Dag Nygren wrote:
> Still trying to figure out why I am getting the message in the error_log:
>
> ERROR:Ignoring invalid VTIMEZONE with no TZID parameter!
>
> And davical is not accepting any PUT events. Returning status 500. I assume
> due to the previous error.
>
> I also tried to add some debug statements and found the indeed the $this-
> >properties Array for the event is very empty. Further debugging help would be
> very much appreciated.

The most helpful thing you could do is to post the VEVENT here. I
suspect that you have an event with something like:

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
BEGIN:VTIMEZONE
TZID:xyz
END:VTIMEZONE
BEGIN:VEVENT
DTSTART:20120404T135100
END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR

and that the DTSTART should rather be:

DTSTART;TZID=xyz:20120404T135100

There is no point in providing a VTIMEZONE with your event, but not
referencing it.

Alternatively, perhaps you reference a VTIMEZONE but don't provide it.

Or maybe the VTIMEZONE you provide doesn't actually *have* a TZID
parameter (in which case how could you reference it from your VEVENT :-)

In fact reading the error message again that's probably the most likely
issue.

Cheers,
Andrew.

Does the turtle move for you? www.kame.net
Attachments: signature.asc (0.82 KB)

dag at newtech

Re: Help! [In reply to]

onsdag 04 april 2012 13:55:57 skrev Andrew McMillan:
> On Sat, 2012-03-24 at 10:57 +0200, Dag Nygren wrote:
> > Still trying to figure out why I am getting the message in the
> > error_log:
> >
> > ERROR:Ignoring invalid VTIMEZONE with no TZID parameter!
> >
> > And davical is not accepting any PUT events. Returning status 500. I
> > assume due to the previous error.
> >
> > I also tried to add some debug statements and found the indeed the
> > $this-
> >
> > >properties Array for the event is very empty. Further debugging help
> > >would be
> >
> > very much appreciated.
>
> The most helpful thing you could do is to post the VEVENT here. I
> suspect that you have an event with something like:
>
> BEGIN:VCALENDAR
> BEGIN:VTIMEZONE
> TZID:xyz
> END:VTIMEZONE
> BEGIN:VEVENT
> DTSTART:20120404T135100
> END:VEVENT
> END:VCALENDAR
>
> and that the DTSTART should rather be:
>
> DTSTART;TZID=xyz:20120404T135100
>

> There is no point in providing a VTIMEZONE with your event, but not
> referencing it.
>
> Alternatively, perhaps you reference a VTIMEZONE but don't provide it.
>
> Or maybe the VTIMEZONE you provide doesn't actually *have* a TZID
> parameter (in which case how could you reference it from your VEVENT :-)
>
> In fact reading the error message again that's probably the most likely
> issue.

Thank you so much for looking at this!

It is making me crazy at the moment...

The problem is that this happens where ever my entry comes from. I tried my
MeeGo Nokia, KDE korganizer and the plugin for Thinderbird. They all have the
same result. Enabling some logging I got this recorded about the VEVENT:

request:-->BEGIN:VCALENDAR
request:-->PRODID:-//Mozilla.org/NONSGML Mozilla Calendar V
request:-->VERSION:2.0
request:-->BEGIN:VTIMEZONE
request:-->TZID:Europe/Helsinki
request:-->X-LIC-LOCATION:Europe/Helsinki
request:-->BEGIN:DAYLIGHT
request:-->TZOFFSETFROM:+0200
request:-->TZOFFSETTO:+0300
request:-->TZNAME:EEST
request:-->DTSTART:19700329T030000
request:-->RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=-1SU;BYMONTH=3
request:-->END:DAYLIGHT
request:-->BEGIN:STANDARD
request:-->TZOFFSETFROM:+0300
request:-->TZOFFSETTO:+0200
request:-->TZNAME:EET
request:-->DTSTART:19701025T040000
request:-->RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=-1SU;BYMONTH=10
request:-->END:STANDARD
request:-->END:VTIMEZONE
request:-->BEGIN:VEVENT
request:-->CREATED:20120315T113426Z
request:-->LAST-MODIFIED:20120315T113431Z
request:-->DTSTAMP:20120315T113431Z
request:-->UID:8619f80d-1b9d-4f1d-a56a-92dbdfd3e0ef
request:-->SUMMARY:New Event
request:-->DTSTART;TZID=Europe/Helsinki:20120315T131500
request:-->DTEND;TZID=Europe/Helsinki:20120315T141500
request:-->LOCATION:TEst
request:-->DESCRIPTION:asd kdhs lg
request:-->END:VEVENT
request:-->END:VCALENDAR
request:-->

It does indeed look like there is a strange DTSTART:19700329T030000 in there,
but the question is then : where does it come from and how do I avoid it.

Thanks a lot!
Dag

andrew at morphoss

Re: Help! [In reply to]

On Wed, 2012-04-04 at 12:53 +0300, Dag Nygren wrote:

> The problem is that this happens where ever my entry comes from. I tried my
> MeeGo Nokia, KDE korganizer and the plugin for Thinderbird. They all have the
> same result. Enabling some logging I got this recorded about the VEVENT:
>
> request:-->BEGIN:VCALENDAR
> request:-->PRODID:-//Mozilla.org/NONSGML Mozilla Calendar V
> request:-->VERSION:2.0

> request:-->BEGIN:VTIMEZONE
> request:-->TZID:Europe/Helsinki
> request:-->X-LIC-LOCATION:Europe/Helsinki
> request:-->BEGIN:DAYLIGHT
> request:-->TZOFFSETFROM:+0200
> request:-->TZOFFSETTO:+0300
> request:-->TZNAME:EEST
> request:-->DTSTART:19700329T030000
> request:-->RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=-1SU;BYMONTH=3
> request:-->END:DAYLIGHT
> request:-->BEGIN:STANDARD
> request:-->TZOFFSETFROM:+0300
> request:-->TZOFFSETTO:+0200
> request:-->TZNAME:EET
> request:-->DTSTART:19701025T040000
> request:-->RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=-1SU;BYMONTH=10
> request:-->END:STANDARD
> request:-->END:VTIMEZONE

> request:-->BEGIN:VEVENT
> request:-->CREATED:20120315T113426Z
> request:-->LAST-MODIFIED:20120315T113431Z
> request:-->DTSTAMP:20120315T113431Z
> request:-->UID:8619f80d-1b9d-4f1d-a56a-92dbdfd3e0ef
> request:-->SUMMARY:New Event
> request:-->DTSTART;TZID=Europe/Helsinki:20120315T131500
> request:-->DTEND;TZID=Europe/Helsinki:20120315T141500
> request:-->LOCATION:TEst
> request:-->DESCRIPTION:asd kdhs lg
> request:-->END:VEVENT

> request:-->END:VCALENDAR
> request:-->
>
> It does indeed look like there is a strange DTSTART:19700329T030000 in there,
> but the question is then : where does it come from and how do I avoid it.

Hi Dag,

The DTSTART without a TZID is inside the VTIMEZONE definition, and it is
normal that these do not specify a timezone since that would end up
being circular.

The VCALENDAR looks just fine, and looking at where that error comes
from in the code I can't see why you're getting the error in relation to
that VCALENDAR.

If I could duplicate the issue here I would add a line into
awl/inc/vCalendar.php just after the line that logs the message you see
(around line 90 in my copy) to say something like the following:

dbg_log_array('LOG', 'vTimezone', $vtz, true);

which would give some more logging of the exact internal variable
containing the parsed out VTIMEZONE which DAViCal is complaining does
not contain a 'TZID' property.

Regards,
Andrew McMillan.

Would ye both eat your cake and have your cake?
-- John Heywood

Re: Help! [In reply to]

On Tuesday 10 April 2012 15:22:24 Andrew McMillan wrote:

> Hi Dag,
>
> The DTSTART without a TZID is inside the VTIMEZONE definition, and it is
> normal that these do not specify a timezone since that would end up
> being circular.
>
> The VCALENDAR looks just fine, and looking at where that error comes
> from in the code I can't see why you're getting the error in relation to
> that VCALENDAR.
>
> If I could duplicate the issue here I would add a line into
> awl/inc/vCalendar.php just after the line that logs the message you see
> (around line 90 in my copy) to say something like the following:
>
> dbg_log_array('LOG', 'vTimezone', $vtz, true);
>
> which would give some more logging of the exact internal variable
> containing the parsed out VTIMEZONE which DAViCal is complaining does
> not contain a 'TZID' property.

Back from holiday.

Thank you a lot for the tip, Andrew. Really appreciate knowing that the
VCALENDAR seems fine. Excludes one part of the equation.

But adding dbg_log_array() really gets weird as it doesn't print anything in
the log. Tried moving it around etc, but absolutely nothing. Even changed the
error message produced a bit to make sure that I am really using the file I
modified and sure enough I was.
But no complaint about not finding the function either.

Thanks
Dag

dag at newtech

Re: Help! [In reply to]

tisdag 10 april 2012 15:22:24 skrev Andrew McMillan:

> If I could duplicate the issue here I would add a line into
> awl/inc/vCalendar.php just after the line that logs the message you see
> (around line 90 in my copy) to say something like the following:
>
> dbg_log_array('LOG', 'vTimezone', $vtz, true);
>
> which would give some more logging of the exact internal variable
> containing the parsed out VTIMEZONE which DAViCal is complaining does
> not contain a 'TZID' property.

Hi again,

Firstly I must oint out I am a C-programmer, with very little experience in
PHP and I hope you forgive me if I am asking stupid questions...

But after some tests and debugging I found that dbg_log_array() really doesn't
seem to do anything at all if fed an object (as the name says), and looked
around for other ways of dumping the data in vtz. Found the following
sequence, which I didn't check if it destroys the result given back to the
client.

ob_start();
var_dump($vtz);
$my_string = ob_get_contents();
ob_end_clean();
dbg_error_log('ERROR',"vtz = '%s'",$my_string);

Anyway the result is that the array is indeed empty??
as follows:
davical: ***: ERROR:vtz = 'object(vComponent)#17 (4) {
["type":protected]=>
string(9) "VTIMEZONE"
["properties":protected]=>
array(0) {
}
["components":protected]=>
array(0) {
}
["rendered":protected]=>
string(113) "BEGIN:VTIMEZONE
< Here follows enough newlines to fill up the string >
"
}
'

Can you point to a good location to put in a debug statement where the array
should be filled in?

Best
Dag

dag at newtech

Re: Help! [In reply to]

tisdag 17 april 2012 10:54:46 skrev Dag Nygren:
> tisdag 10 april 2012 15:22:24 skrev Andrew McMillan:
> > If I could duplicate the issue here I would add a line into
> > awl/inc/vCalendar.php just after the line that logs the message you see
> >
> > (around line 90 in my copy) to say something like the following:
> > dbg_log_array('LOG', 'vTimezone', $vtz, true);
> >
> > which would give some more logging of the exact internal variable
> > containing the parsed out VTIMEZONE which DAViCal is complaining does
> > not contain a 'TZID' property.
>
> Hi again,
>
> Firstly I must oint out I am a C-programmer, with very little experience in
> PHP and I hope you forgive me if I am asking stupid questions...
>
> But after some tests and debugging I found that dbg_log_array() really
> doesn't seem to do anything at all if fed an object (as the name says), and
> looked around for other ways of dumping the data in vtz. Found the
> following sequence, which I didn't check if it destroys the result given
> back to the client.
>
> ob_start();
> var_dump($vtz);
> $my_string = ob_get_contents();
> ob_end_clean();
> dbg_error_log('ERROR',"vtz = '%s'",$my_string);
>
> Anyway the result is that the array is indeed empty??
> as follows:
> davical: ***: ERROR:vtz = 'object(vComponent)#17 (4) {
> ["type":protected]=>
> string(9) "VTIMEZONE"
> ["properties":protected]=>
> array(0) {
> }
> ["components":protected]=>
> array(0) {
> }
> ["rendered":protected]=>
> string(113) "BEGIN:VTIMEZONE
> < Here follows enough newlines to fill up the string >
> "
> }
> '
>
> Can you point to a good location to put in a debug statement where the array
> should be filled in?

Just dumped all the components passing through vCalendar and found them all
empty. Seems like it is the parsing of the input that doesn't do it's job.

Is it possible that davical is picking up the wrong iCalendar.php file?
I seem to have two more of these with the same name, one for horde and one for
tikiwiki. They run for a different virtual apache, but??

Looks like that iCalendar.php has the set of functions that should enter the
data

andrew at morphoss

Re: Help! [In reply to]

On Tue, 2012-04-17 at 11:26 +0300, Dag Nygren wrote:

> Just dumped all the components passing through vCalendar and found them all
> empty. Seems like it is the parsing of the input that doesn't do it's job.
>
> Is it possible that davical is picking up the wrong iCalendar.php file?
> I seem to have two more of these with the same name, one for horde and one for
> tikiwiki. They run for a different virtual apache, but??
>
> Looks like that iCalendar.php has the set of functions that should enter the
> data

Hi Dag,

You should restrict the include_path for the virtual host that DAViCal i
using so that it uses the iCalendar.php which is in /usr/share/awl/inc
and no other.

Regards,
Andrew.

I have not seen high-discipline processes succeed in commercial
settings. - Alistair Cockburn

Re: Help! [In reply to]

torsdag 19 april 2012 18:46:13 skrev Andrew McMillan:
> On Tue, 2012-04-17 at 11:26 +0300, Dag Nygren wrote:
> > Just dumped all the components passing through vCalendar and found them
> > all empty. Seems like it is the parsing of the input that doesn't do
> > it's job.
> >
> > Is it possible that davical is picking up the wrong iCalendar.php file?
> > I seem to have two more of these with the same name, one for horde and
> > one for tikiwiki. They run for a different virtual apache, but??
> >
> > Looks like that iCalendar.php has the set of functions that should enter
> > the data
>
> Hi Dag,
>
> You should restrict the include_path for the virtual host that DAViCal i
> using so that it uses the iCalendar.php which is in /usr/share/awl/inc
> and no other.

Yes, did that and all was well.

But want to report that the weird behaviour is gone now after I updated my
server from FC14 to FC16. All works fine :-)

The previos installation did fulfill all the version requirements and got
"green light" in the config checker, but something in there didn't really do
the job...

I want to point out that the server was working fine for all the other http
based things in there too.

Go figure....

Thanks for your support anyway!
Now off to set up the environment the way I want it.

Dag