Mailing List Archive: DAViCal: General

Managing accounts from outside web interface

DAViCal general RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

jacob at knossos

Mar 22, 2012, 2:23 PM

Managing accounts from outside web interface

What's the right way to manage DAViCal user accounts from outside the
provided web interface? I will need to be able to:
* List current accounts
* create account
* delete account
* delete all accounts (maybe)

Should I be:
* using the CalDAV interface, does it have support for this kind of
provisioning?
* calling functions in the DAViCal source code directly
* manipulating the Postgres database directly

Thanks

Jacob

andrew at morphoss

Mar 22, 2012, 7:47 PM

Re: Managing accounts from outside web interface [In reply to]

On Fri, 2012-03-23 at 10:23 +1300, Jacob Lister wrote:
> What's the right way to manage DAViCal user accounts from outside the
> provided web interface? I will need to be able to:
> * List current accounts
> * create account
> * delete account
> * delete all accounts (maybe)
>
> Should I be:
> * using the CalDAV interface, does it have support for this kind of
> provisioning?
> * calling functions in the DAViCal source code directly
> * manipulating the Postgres database directly

Hi Jacob,

You could probably do the first one via CalDAV (a DAV PROPFIND request
at Depth 1 on the root, requesting the displayname property in
particular).

On the other hand there is a project on sourceforge which is a python
script that was written to do this kind of thing from the command line.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/davical-cmdlnut/

I don't follow the project so I'm not sure how current that is, but even
if it's a little old making it work correctly against current DAViCal is
unlikely to be complex.

Regards,
Andrew.

George Orwell was an optimist.