Mailing List Archive: DAViCal: General

schedule notification email

DAViCal general RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

manu.poletti at solidstate

Feb 28, 2012, 7:25 PM

schedule notification email

Hi there,

I'm having some trouble getting schedule notification emails to be sent
by DaviCAL.

Davical is version 0.9.7.6-0 on Ubuntu lucid.
Clients are Thunderbird/Lightning (10.0.2 and 1.2.1)

When I invite attendees to a scheduled event, nobody ever receives an
invitation.

My mail server is working and shows no errors and anyway password resets
from DAViCal work just fine.
I tried turning debug on in the config with $c->dbg["ALL"] = 1; but did
not see anything helpfull.
I have tried internal and external event attendees but to no avail.

Can anyone suggest a way to test this functionality outside the client
or how to debug this functionality in DAViCal?

Cheers,
Manu.
Attachments: manu_poletti.vcf (0.47 KB)

andrew at morphoss

Feb 29, 2012, 2:25 AM

Re: schedule notification email [In reply to]

On Wed, 2012-02-29 at 16:25 +1300, Manu Poletti wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm having some trouble getting schedule notification emails to be sent
> by DaviCAL.
>
> Davical is version 0.9.7.6-0 on Ubuntu lucid.
> Clients are Thunderbird/Lightning (10.0.2 and 1.2.1)
>
> When I invite attendees to a scheduled event, nobody ever receives an
> invitation.
>
> My mail server is working and shows no errors and anyway password resets
> from DAViCal work just fine.
> I tried turning debug on in the config with $c->dbg["ALL"] = 1; but did
> not see anything helpfull.
> I have tried internal and external event attendees but to no avail.
>
> Can anyone suggest a way to test this functionality outside the client
> or how to debug this functionality in DAViCal?

Hi Manu,

DAViCal does not yet have functionality to send e-mail to attendees.

When I implemented the scheduling I was operating under the mistaken
assumption that client software would fall back to sending via e-mail if
they received a reply from the server saying that the server could not
contact the attendee, but they just drop it in such cases.

I will add sending iMIP invitations to non-local attendees in the next
few months, but I have am facing a few other real-world issues at
present that limit my ability to work on DAViCal as much as I would
like.

Regards,
Andrew McMillan.

The early worm gets the late bird.