Mailing List Archive: DAViCal: General

hide_older_than not working?

DAViCal general RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

michael at lackhoff

Feb 17, 2012, 9:17 AM

hide_older_than not working?

Some days ago there was a discussion about this parameter already.
Someone stated that the parameter was gone and someone else that it is
still working. In the Wiki it is still documented.
Now I would like to use it to take some traffic from my system where the
typical use is Thunderbird with quite a few (about 10-15) calenders but
with interest mainly in future events.
So I tried this setting:
$c->hide_older_than = 21;

but I am still getting old events, at least far older than 3 weeeks.
So, is it my fault is this parameter not working (any longer)?

My system: Davical from the most recent Ubuntu package with a fresh
install of Thunderbird 10 with Lightning 1.2.1.

-Michael

jan.mate at inf-it

Feb 17, 2012, 9:34 AM

Re: hide_older_than not working? [In reply to]

This option works well in our company (the original
patch was created by me and modified by Andrew).

Have you tried to empty the cache?
Are these "old" events repeatable?

JM

On Feb 17, 2012, at 6:17 PM, Michael Lackhoff wrote:

> Some days ago there was a discussion about this parameter already.
> Someone stated that the parameter was gone and someone else that it is
> still working. In the Wiki it is still documented.
> Now I would like to use it to take some traffic from my system where the
> typical use is Thunderbird with quite a few (about 10-15) calenders but
> with interest mainly in future events.
> So I tried this setting:
> $c->hide_older_than = 21;
>
> but I am still getting old events, at least far older than 3 weeeks.
> So, is it my fault is this parameter not working (any longer)?
>
> My system: Davical from the most recent Ubuntu package with a fresh
> install of Thunderbird 10 with Lightning 1.2.1.
>
> -Michael

michael at lackhoff

Feb 17, 2012, 1:01 PM

Re: hide_older_than not working? [In reply to]

On 17.02.2012 18:34 Jn Mt wrote:

> This option works well in our company (the original
> patch was created by me and modified by Andrew).

Hmm. Very mysterious. I still have no idea what I may have done wrong.
After all it shouldn't be that difficult: just add the option, add a
calendar to Thunderbird and see what happens.

> Have you tried to empty the cache?
> Are these "old" events repeatable?

There is no cache. I did a fresh install of Thunderbird/Lightning after
I added the hide_older_than parameter to davical and Thunderbird
received events older than 21 days when I added calendars to the fresh
install.

-Michael

andrew at morphoss

Feb 18, 2012, 1:37 AM

Re: hide_older_than not working? [In reply to]

On Fri, 2012-02-17 at 22:01 +0100, Michael Lackhoff wrote:
> On 17.02.2012 18:34 Ján Máté wrote:
>
> > This option works well in our company (the original
> > patch was created by me and modified by Andrew).
>
> Hmm. Very mysterious. I still have no idea what I may have done wrong.
> After all it shouldn't be that difficult: just add the option, add a
> calendar to Thunderbird and see what happens.
>
> > Have you tried to empty the cache?
> > Are these "old" events repeatable?
>
> There is no cache. I did a fresh install of Thunderbird/Lightning after
> I added the hide_older_than parameter to davical and Thunderbird
> received events older than 21 days when I added calendars to the fresh
> install.

Depends on the events. If you're looking at a repeating event, for
example, it will be sent to Lightning if instances exist which are after
that -21 day limit, but if it started some time before that then
Lightning will calculate earlier instances as it knows nothing of the
limit.

DAViCal does not rewrite such events to make them appear as if they
started after the -21 day threshold - that would be really quite
difficult, and usually not achieve the goal of doing this in the first
place.

Cheers,
Andrew.

There's only one everything.