Mailing List Archive: DAViCal: General

MODIFICATION_FAILED while trying to update events

DAViCal general RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

seligman at nevis

Oct 20, 2011, 1:29 PM

MODIFICATION_FAILED while trying to update events

I've just upgraded davical from 0.9.9.4 to 0.9.9.6 (AWL 0.48) on a Linux RHEL5
server running apache 2.2.3. When running update-davical-database, I got an
error message; running it with --debug gave me:

No patches were applied.
Supported locales updated.
Updated view: dav_principal.sql applied.
CalDAV functions updated.
RRULE functions updated.
DBD::Pg::db do failed: ERROR: relation "time_zone" does not exist
Database permissions updated.

When I added --debug, the relevant lines appear to be:

GRANT SELECT,INSERT on time_zone to davical_app
DBD::Pg::db do failed: ERROR: relation "time_zone" does not exist

After this, even after restarting httpd and postgresql several times, none of
the CalDAV clients I use can add or modify an event. They all (iCal, BusyCal,
iOS5, Sunbird) can display the existing calendars. When I try to add an event,
nothing happens; the event "goes away" and is never added to the calendar.

The only program that reports an error is Sunbird, which simply reports
MODIFICATION_FAILED.

I've RTFMed and googled, but couldn't find what else I could do. What can I do
to track down this problem?

Warning: I know how to spell "pgsql" and "php", but that's the extent of my
knowledge of these packages. Please suggest diagnostics (I need to learn!) but
please tell me exactly where to put them.
--
Bill
Attachments: smime.p7s (4.39 KB)

andrew at morphoss

Oct 21, 2011, 7:57 PM

Re: MODIFICATION_FAILED while trying to update events [In reply to]

On Thu, 2011-10-20 at 16:29 -0400, William Seligman wrote:

> No patches were applied.
> Supported locales updated.
> Updated view: dav_principal.sql applied.
> CalDAV functions updated.
> RRULE functions updated.
> DBD::Pg::db do failed: ERROR: relation "time_zone" does not exist
> Database permissions updated.

This is a cosmetic error.

> After this, even after restarting httpd and postgresql several times, none of
> the CalDAV clients I use can add or modify an event. They all (iCal, BusyCal,
> iOS5, Sunbird) can display the existing calendars. When I try to add an event,
> nothing happens; the event "goes away" and is never added to the calendar.
>
> The only program that reports an error is Sunbird, which simply reports
> MODIFICATION_FAILED.
>
> I've RTFMed and googled, but couldn't find what else I could do. What can I do
> to track down this problem?

Do you see anything in the Apache error log?

This could be to do with the PHP function timezone_identifiers_list()
which is not available in older PHP versions. The problem is fixed in
Git and included in the 0.9.9.7 pre-release packages you can download
from:

http://debian.mcmillan.net.nz/packages/davical/testing/

Or you can wait a couple more days until the proper release of 0.9.9.7.

Regards,
Andrew.

Why don't you pair `em up in threes? -Yogi Berra
Attachments: signature.asc (0.82 KB)

seligman at nevis

Oct 24, 2011, 8:33 AM

Re: MODIFICATION_FAILED while trying to update events [In reply to]