Login | Register For Free | Help
Search for: (Advanced)

Mailing List Archive: DAViCal: General

Davical 0.9.9.6-1 and iOS 5

 

 

DAViCal general RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded


flemming at faber

Oct 14, 2011, 8:27 AM

Post #1 of 8 (938 views)
Permalink
Davical 0.9.9.6-1 and iOS 5

I have been a happy user of Davical for about a year - using it for the
whole family to share calendars.
I have been using version 0.9.9.4 for a while without any problem on
iMacs, iPhones and iPad.

After updating my iPad to iOS 5 a couple of days ago, I could not see
Davical entries. I updated my server (Debian Squeeze) to 0.9.9.6-1 with
apt-get. After that I had all my past calender entries back on my iPad,
but not the entries in the future. And that was also the case now with
my wife's iPad, still running iOS 4.x.x. But I can see the entries on my
iMac running Lion.

I experimented a bit, and found out that I can create a future entry on
the iPad, which is registered in Davical and shows up on the iMac. But
right after the iPad has sync'ed with Davical, the entry becomes
invisible on the iPad. The funny thing is that if I change the entry on
the iMac to a time in the past it show up again on the iPad, but all
future entries are invible even if they exist in Davical, visible on the
iMac.

I would be very happy if this could be fixed. I will gladly do some more
testing if necessary. Just tell what to do...


/flemming

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All the data continuously generated in your IT infrastructure contains a
definitive record of customers, application performance, security
threats, fraudulent activity and more. Splunk takes this data and makes
sense of it. Business sense. IT sense. Common sense.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/splunk-d2d-oct
_______________________________________________
Davical-general mailing list
Davical-general [at] lists
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/davical-general


andrew at morphoss

Oct 14, 2011, 12:32 PM

Post #2 of 8 (896 views)
Permalink
Re: Davical 0.9.9.6-1 and iOS 5 [In reply to]

On Fri, 2011-10-14 at 17:27 +0200, Flemming Faber wrote:
> I have been a happy user of Davical for about a year - using it for the
> whole family to share calendars.
> I have been using version 0.9.9.4 for a while without any problem on
> iMacs, iPhones and iPad.
>
> After updating my iPad to iOS 5 a couple of days ago, I could not see
> Davical entries. I updated my server (Debian Squeeze) to 0.9.9.6-1 with
> apt-get. After that I had all my past calender entries back on my iPad,
> but not the entries in the future. And that was also the case now with
> my wife's iPad, still running iOS 4.x.x. But I can see the entries on my
> iMac running Lion.
>
> I experimented a bit, and found out that I can create a future entry on
> the iPad, which is registered in Davical and shows up on the iMac. But
> right after the iPad has sync'ed with Davical, the entry becomes
> invisible on the iPad. The funny thing is that if I change the entry on
> the iMac to a time in the past it show up again on the iPad, but all
> future entries are invible even if they exist in Davical, visible on the
> iMac.
>
> I would be very happy if this could be fixed. I will gladly do some more
> testing if necessary. Just tell what to do...

It's a DAViCal issue which is fixed in Git. There will be a new release
in a few days to include the fix.

In the mean time you can set your device to "Sync All Events" and it
should work just fine.

Regards,
Andrew.

--
------------------------------------------------------------------------
andrew (AT) morphoss (DOT) com +64(272)DEBIAN
"The medium is the massage."
-- Crazy Nigel
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attachments: signature.asc (0.82 KB)


travs69 at gmail

Oct 17, 2011, 3:31 PM

Post #3 of 8 (856 views)
Permalink
Re: Davical 0.9.9.6-1 and iOS 5 [In reply to]

Andrew,
Any idea when you will be doing the next release with the IOS 5 fix?

Thanks,

Travis

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 2:32 PM, Andrew McMillan <andrew [at] morphoss>wrote:

> On Fri, 2011-10-14 at 17:27 +0200, Flemming Faber wrote:
> > I have been a happy user of Davical for about a year - using it for the
> > whole family to share calendars.
> > I have been using version 0.9.9.4 for a while without any problem on
> > iMacs, iPhones and iPad.
> >
> > After updating my iPad to iOS 5 a couple of days ago, I could not see
> > Davical entries. I updated my server (Debian Squeeze) to 0.9.9.6-1 with
> > apt-get. After that I had all my past calender entries back on my iPad,
> > but not the entries in the future. And that was also the case now with
> > my wife's iPad, still running iOS 4.x.x. But I can see the entries on my
> > iMac running Lion.
> >
> > I experimented a bit, and found out that I can create a future entry on
> > the iPad, which is registered in Davical and shows up on the iMac. But
> > right after the iPad has sync'ed with Davical, the entry becomes
> > invisible on the iPad. The funny thing is that if I change the entry on
> > the iMac to a time in the past it show up again on the iPad, but all
> > future entries are invible even if they exist in Davical, visible on the
> > iMac.
> >
> > I would be very happy if this could be fixed. I will gladly do some more
> > testing if necessary. Just tell what to do...
>
> It's a DAViCal issue which is fixed in Git. There will be a new release
> in a few days to include the fix.
>
> In the mean time you can set your device to "Sync All Events" and it
> should work just fine.
>
> Regards,
> Andrew.
>
> --
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> andrew (AT) morphoss (DOT) com +64(272)DEBIAN
> "The medium is the massage."
> -- Crazy Nigel
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> All the data continuously generated in your IT infrastructure contains a
> definitive record of customers, application performance, security
> threats, fraudulent activity and more. Splunk takes this data and makes
> sense of it. Business sense. IT sense. Common sense.
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/splunk-d2d-oct
> _______________________________________________
> Davical-general mailing list
> Davical-general [at] lists
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/davical-general
>
>


andrew at morphoss

Oct 17, 2011, 3:55 PM

Post #4 of 8 (852 views)
Permalink
Re: Davical 0.9.9.6-1 and iOS 5 [In reply to]

On Mon, 2011-10-17 at 17:31 -0500, Travis Williams wrote:
> Andrew,
> Any idea when you will be doing the next release with the IOS 5 fix?

It'll be this week sometime. I've written most of the release notes on
the wiki already - it's always the bureaucracy of the release process
that slows me down :-)

I'll publicise a pre-release to the IRC channel for some testing
probably tomorrow and then push it a little wider on Thursday.

This release is almost entirely bug fixes so it should be fairly safe
though.

Cheers,
Andrew.

--
------------------------------------------------------------------------
andrew (AT) morphoss (DOT) com +64(272)DEBIAN
A CONS is an object which cares.
-- Bernie Greenberg.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attachments: signature.asc (0.82 KB)


travs69 at gmail

Oct 20, 2011, 9:06 AM

Post #5 of 8 (812 views)
Permalink
Re: Davical 0.9.9.6-1 and iOS 5 [In reply to]

I downloaded and installed the deb's in the testing directory to my testing
box. I did notice that now under Admin->Setup it says "Current DAViCal
version Want: 0.9.9.6, Currently: 0.9.9.7"

Is this ok? Is it possible in some version to have that page also list all
the current versions of each module instead of just saying passed (just
seems more useful).

Thanks!!

Travis

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 5:55 PM, Andrew McMillan <andrew [at] morphoss>wrote:

> On Mon, 2011-10-17 at 17:31 -0500, Travis Williams wrote:
> > Andrew,
> > Any idea when you will be doing the next release with the IOS 5 fix?
>
> It'll be this week sometime. I've written most of the release notes on
> the wiki already - it's always the bureaucracy of the release process
> that slows me down :-)
>
> I'll publicise a pre-release to the IRC channel for some testing
> probably tomorrow and then push it a little wider on Thursday.
>
> This release is almost entirely bug fixes so it should be fairly safe
> though.
>
> Cheers,
> Andrew.
>
> --
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> andrew (AT) morphoss (DOT) com +64(272)DEBIAN
> A CONS is an object which cares.
> -- Bernie Greenberg.
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>


mir at datanom

Oct 20, 2011, 9:30 AM

Post #6 of 8 (813 views)
Permalink
Re: Davical 0.9.9.6-1 and iOS 5 [In reply to]

On Thu, 20 Oct 2011 11:06:58 -0500
Travis Williams <travs69 [at] gmail> wrote:

>
> Is this ok? Is it possible in some version to have that page also list all
> the current versions of each module instead of just saying passed (just
> seems more useful).
>
I think this is of no importance. The reason probably is that version
0.9.9.7 is shortly to be released.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xD3C9A00E
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE501F51C
mir <at> miras <dot> org
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE3E80917
--------------------------------------------------------------
Attachments: signature.asc (0.19 KB)


travs69 at gmail

Oct 20, 2011, 9:34 AM

Post #7 of 8 (815 views)
Permalink
Re: Davical 0.9.9.6-1 and iOS 5 [In reply to]

I did install the 9.9.7 deb's, which is why I found it strange that it is
'wanting' 9.9.6 now.

Travis

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 11:30 AM, Michael Rasmussen <mir [at] datanom> wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Oct 2011 11:06:58 -0500
> Travis Williams <travs69 [at] gmail> wrote:
>
> >
> > Is this ok? Is it possible in some version to have that page also list
> all
> > the current versions of each module instead of just saying passed (just
> > seems more useful).
> >
> I think this is of no importance. The reason probably is that version
> 0.9.9.7 is shortly to be released.
>
> --
> Hilsen/Regards
> Michael Rasmussen
>
> Get my public GnuPG keys:
> michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
> http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xD3C9A00E
> mir <at> datanom <dot> net
> http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE501F51C
> mir <at> miras <dot> org
> http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE3E80917
> --------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> The demand for IT networking professionals continues to grow, and the
> demand for specialized networking skills is growing even more rapidly.
> Take a complimentary Learning [at] Ciosc Self-Assessment and learn
> about Cisco certifications, training, and career opportunities.
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/cisco-dev2dev
> _______________________________________________
> Davical-general mailing list
> Davical-general [at] lists
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/davical-general
>
>


andrew at morphoss

Oct 21, 2011, 7:04 PM

Post #8 of 8 (789 views)
Permalink
Re: Davical 0.9.9.6-1 and iOS 5 [In reply to]

On Thu, 2011-10-20 at 11:06 -0500, Travis Williams wrote:
> I downloaded and installed the deb's in the testing directory to my
> testing box. I did notice that now under Admin->Setup it says
> "Current DAViCal version Want: 0.9.9.6, Currently: 0.9.9.7"
>
> Is this ok? Is it possible in some version to have that page also list
> all the current versions of each module instead of just saying passed
> (just seems more useful).

It's OK. That page requests the canonical currently released version
from http://www.davical.org/current_davical_version which I manually
update when I release a new version.

I should maybe change the page to make it clearer that running a newer
version than the one it sees is OK, too.

Cheers,
Andrew.

>
> Thanks!!
>
> Travis
>
> On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 5:55 PM, Andrew McMillan <andrew [at] morphoss>
> wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-10-17 at 17:31 -0500, Travis Williams wrote:
> > Andrew,
> > Any idea when you will be doing the next release with the
> IOS 5 fix?
>
>
> It'll be this week sometime. I've written most of the release
> notes on
> the wiki already - it's always the bureaucracy of the release
> process
> that slows me down :-)
>
> I'll publicise a pre-release to the IRC channel for some
> testing
> probably tomorrow and then push it a little wider on Thursday.
>
> This release is almost entirely bug fixes so it should be
> fairly safe
> though.
>
> Cheers,
> Andrew.
>
> --
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> andrew (AT) morphoss (DOT) com
> +64(272)DEBIAN
>
> A CONS is an object which cares.
> -- Bernie Greenberg.
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>

--
------------------------------------------------------------------------
andrew (AT) morphoss (DOT) com +64(272)DEBIAN
Rascal, am I? Take THAT!
-- Errol Flynn
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attachments: signature.asc (0.82 KB)

DAViCal general RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded
 
 


Interested in having your list archived? Contact Gossamer Threads
 
  Web Applications & Managed Hosting Powered by Gossamer Threads Inc.