Mailing List Archive: DAViCal: General

Upgrading problems

DAViCal general RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

erik.hjerten at companion

Oct 8, 2011, 5:39 AM

Upgrading problems

Hi all

I'm having some trouble with my Ubuntu server and davical.

For other reasons I had to upgrade PHP to 5.3 on Ubuntu 9.04. It didn't
work out perfectly so I decided to upgrade the server to Ubuntu 10.04
lts. This went well but I had to remove the previously installed PHP5.3
and install the PHP-package that came with Ubuntu 10.04. In this process
I accidently removed the davical package. After reinstalling PHP5.3 and
davical I cant see all my calenders from Thunderbird.

I tried to run the database update script:

/usr/share/davical/dba/update-davical-database
The database is version 8.4 currently at revision 1.2.11.
No patches were applied.
Supported locales updated.
CalDAV functions updated.
RRULE functions updated.
DBD::Pg::db do failed: ERROR: relation "dav_resource" does not exist at
/usr/share/davical/dba/update-davical-database line 340, <PERMS> line 33.
DBD::Pg::db do failed: ERROR: relation "privilege" does not exist at
/usr/share/davical/dba/update-davical-database line 340, <PERMS> line 36.
DBD::Pg::db do failed: ERROR: relation
"dav_resource_type_resource_type_id_seq" does not exist at
/usr/share/davical/dba/update-davical-database line 340, <PERMS> line 45.
DBD::Pg::db do failed: ERROR: relation "principal_principal_id_seq"
does not exist at /usr/share/davical/dba/update-davical-database line
340, <PERMS> line 46.
DBD::Pg::db do failed: ERROR: relation "time_zone" does not exist at
/usr/share/davical/dba/update-davical-database line 340, <PERMS> line 50.
DBD::Pg::db do failed: ERROR: relation "dav_resource_type" does not
exist at /usr/share/davical/dba/update-davical-database line 340,
<PERMS> line 55.
Database permissions updated.

Something is obviously missing.

Davical is version 0.9.7.6-0

I really don't know how to trouble shoot this, any help appreciated.

Best regards
/Erik

andrew at morphoss

Oct 9, 2011, 2:25 AM

Re: Upgrading problems [In reply to]

On Sat, 2011-10-08 at 14:39 +0200, Erik Hjertén wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'm having some trouble with my Ubuntu server and davical.
>
> For other reasons I had to upgrade PHP to 5.3 on Ubuntu 9.04. It didn't
> work out perfectly so I decided to upgrade the server to Ubuntu 10.04
> lts. This went well but I had to remove the previously installed PHP5.3
> and install the PHP-package that came with Ubuntu 10.04. In this process
> I accidently removed the davical package. After reinstalling PHP5.3 and
> davical I cant see all my calenders from Thunderbird.

It's possible that your database is hosed, because:

> The database is version 8.4 currently at revision 1.2.11.

Seems unlikely if:

> DBD::Pg::db do failed: ERROR: relation "dav_resource" does not exist at

> Something is obviously missing.
>
> Davical is version 0.9.7.6-0
>
> I really don't know how to trouble shoot this, any help appreciated.

If you were previously running 0.9.7.6 then your database may actually
be OK - it is perhaps just identifying itself as being the wrong schema.

In that case it should be possible to fix this by working out what
schema version you *actually* have and then manually applying the
patches to update from that.

The first clue will be if you can connect to the davical database with
psql and issue:

\d

That will list all of the tables in your database.

Then:

SELECT * FROM awl_db_revision;

which will list all of the schema revisions that you *have* applied in
the past.

If you can chat on IRC it might be easier to solve interactively from
there, otherwise post this back to the mailing list and there could be
some further queries to try and ascertain the exact database schema that
you have.

Regards,
Andrew.

No purchase necessary.
Attachments: signature.asc (0.82 KB)

erik.hjerten at companion

Oct 9, 2011, 3:33 AM

Re: Upgrading problems [In reply to]

Thanks Andrew

I've got it sorted now and the problem was: Me being stupid.

I'm sorry for taking your time.

For reference:
When I upgraded to Ubuntu 10.04 the reference "deb
http://debian.mcmillan.net.nz/debian lenny awm" in sources.list was
commented out, and when I installed davical again apt-get got the
davical package from Ubuntu repositories instead. I didn't react on the
version changing from 0.9.9.6 to 0.9.7.6

Again, sorry and thanks!
/Erik