Login | Register For Free | Help
Search for: (Advanced)

Mailing List Archive: DAViCal: General

Groups with Edirectory

 

 

DAViCal general RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded


klaus.steinberger at Physik

Sep 29, 2011, 2:32 AM

Post #1 of 3 (328 views)
Permalink
Groups with Edirectory

Hi,

ich have the following problem:

My LDAP directory is a Novell Edirectory, which has some different behavior than
OpenLDAP.

Especially for groups it's different, it has a attribut member instead of
memberUID, and this attribute stores the full DN of the members.

Is there a configuration parameter for davical for this?

Sincerly,
Klaus

--
Rechnerbetriebsgruppe / IT, Fakultät für Physik
Klaus Steinberger
FAX: +49 89 28914280
Tel: +49 89 28914287
Attachments: signature.asc (0.26 KB)


andrew at morphoss

Sep 29, 2011, 5:19 AM

Post #2 of 3 (285 views)
Permalink
Re: Groups with Edirectory [In reply to]

On Thu, 2011-09-29 at 11:32 +0200, Klaus Steinberger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> ich have the following problem:
>
> My LDAP directory is a Novell Edirectory, which has some different behavior than
> OpenLDAP.
>
> Especially for groups it's different, it has a attribut member instead of
> memberUID, and this attribute stores the full DN of the members.
>
> Is there a configuration parameter for davical for this?

I believe this should still work. Essentially the configuration for
LDAP defines LDAP queries and field mappings, although most of the
examples will define the mappings for OpenLDAP fields you should be able
to work out which fields you need from eDirectory instead, and what your
LDAP groups query should look like.

I don't use LDAP myself, so perhaps someone who knows more about it can
guide you further (there are a few people on IRC who may be able to
help) or perhaps this small clue is enough.

If you work it out it would probably be nice to add an example
eDirectory configuration onto the wiki.

Regards,
Andrew.
--
------------------------------------------------------------------------
andrew (AT) morphoss (DOT) com +64(272)DEBIAN
I have not seen high-discipline processes succeed in commercial
settings. - Alistair Cockburn

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attachments: signature.asc (0.82 KB)


klaus.steinberger at Physik

Sep 29, 2011, 7:09 AM

Post #3 of 3 (283 views)
Permalink
Re: Groups with Edirectory [In reply to]

Hi Andrew,

>> ich have the following problem:
>>
>> My LDAP directory is a Novell Edirectory, which has some different behavior than
>> OpenLDAP.
>>
>> Especially for groups it's different, it has a attribut member instead of
>> memberUID, and this attribute stores the full DN of the members.
>>
>> Is there a configuration parameter for davical for this?
>
> I believe this should still work. Essentially the configuration for
> LDAP defines LDAP queries and field mappings, although most of the
> examples will define the mappings for OpenLDAP fields you should be able
> to work out which fields you need from eDirectory instead, and what your
> LDAP groups query should look like.


the mapping is not the problem. I get back the correct values from LDAP, but
davical has no way to connect a user Full DN to it's Username:

For example this account:

Guinea.Pig

Full DN is cn=Guinea.Pig,ou=Local,ou=Personen,o=physik


So there needs to be function which does the following:

a) simple method (but maybe not correct):

extract the CN part from a Full DN

b) search in LDAP for a Full DN and return the CN



> I don't use LDAP myself, so perhaps someone who knows more about it can
> guide you further (there are a few people on IRC who may be able to
> help) or perhaps this small clue is enough.
>
> If you work it out it would probably be nice to add an example
> eDirectory configuration onto the wiki.

I think we need some patch in the code somewhere in the sync_LDAP_groups
function, and a additional configuration value. I will look into it.

Sincerly,
Klaus



--
Rechnerbetriebsgruppe / IT, Fakultät für Physik
Klaus Steinberger
FAX: +49 89 28914280
Tel: +49 89 28914287
Attachments: signature.asc (0.26 KB)

DAViCal general RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded
 
 


Interested in having your list archived? Contact Gossamer Threads
 
  Web Applications & Managed Hosting Powered by Gossamer Threads Inc.