Mailing List Archive: DAViCal: General

Feature request: more control over supported-calendar-component-set (separating VTOTO and VEVENT)

DAViCal general RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

daniel at aleksand

Aug 20, 2011, 10:41 AM

Feature request: more control over supported-calendar-component-set (separating VTOTO and VEVENT)

Hi

The admin interface under 'Principal Collections: Create Collection'
allows for a separate collection for VCARD only ('is an Addressbook').
I would also like to see the other option 'is a Calendar' split in two
new options: 'is a Calendar' (VEVENT) and 'is a Task list' (VTODO).

Also, what is the purpose of a collection that is neither a calendar
nor an address book? (A configuration open under Principal Collections:
Create Collection.)

http://www.webdav.org/specs/rfc4791.html#supported-calendar-component-set

I like this way of managing data better than the all-in-one collection
approach.

Thanks for considering my request. :-)
--
Daniel Aleksandersen
Individual user of DAViCal

andrew at morphoss

Oct 25, 2011, 3:26 PM

Re: Feature request: more control over supported-calendar-component-set (separating VTOTO and VEVENT) [In reply to]

On Sat, 2011-08-20 at 17:41 +0000, Daniel Aleksandersen wrote:
> Hi
>
> The admin interface under 'Principal Collections: Create Collection'
> allows for a separate collection for VCARD only ('is an Addressbook').
> I would also like to see the other option 'is a Calendar' split in two
> new options: 'is a Calendar' (VEVENT) and 'is a Task list' (VTODO).
>
> Also, what is the purpose of a collection that is neither a calendar
> nor an address book? (A configuration open under Principal Collections:
> Create Collection.)
>
> http://www.webdav.org/specs/rfc4791.html#supported-calendar-component-set
>
> I like this way of managing data better than the all-in-one collection
> approach.
>
> Thanks for considering my request. :-)

Hi Daniel,

From 0.9.9.7 DAViCal does now support specifying the
supported-calendar-component-set on the MKCALENDAR or MKCOL request.

The current way DAViCal's UI displays the "Is a Calendar" is that it is
tied to the definition of "resourcetype" in RFC4791, rather than the
supported-calendar-component-set, but I'd certainly be amenable to a
patch to the UI that added a radio-set to let you specify the supported
components for a calendar. It should also allow for VJOURNAL, which is
typically forgotten, but which some software supports.

A collection which is neither an addressbook nor a calendar is simply a
standard DAV collection. It can contain arbitrary files, and could
contain further collections which might even be calendar- or
addressbook- collections.

In the future (post 1.0, which is approaching now) I hope to implement
further proposed CalDAV extensions such as the "CalDAV Managed
Attachments" draft that was published a couple of days ago. This would
likely use a standard collection as the storage location for such
things.

Cheers,
Andrew.

pension: