Mailing List Archive: DAViCal: General

hide_alarm

DAViCal general RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

davical at aiic

Jul 22, 2011, 2:37 AM

hide_alarm

Hello

I have davical 0.9.9.4-1 running on a debian and it is working for
CalDAV and CardDAV (iOS and iCal), but I have trouble to understand
the hide_alarm setting. Following setup:

User A
calendar A-home (user B has read access)

User B
calendar B-home (user A has read access)

How can I setup davical, so that user A only gets the alarms of his
own calendar A-home and not of the calendar B-home of user B, although
User A has read access to B-home? Is $c->hide_alarm = true; supposed
to do the trick? For me, it doesn't.

cheers
Martin

vvh at synergylaw

Jul 22, 2011, 5:09 AM

Re: hide_alarm [In reply to]

Hi,

> How can I setup davical, so that user A only gets the alarms of his
> own calendar A-home and not of the calendar B-home of user B, although
> User A has read access to B-home? Is $c->hide_alarm = true; supposed
> to do the trick? For me, it doesn't.

At my office, this is not set server-side, but client-side, and working
(evolution clients, but also thunderbird client iirc)

Vincent
--
Advocatenkantoor Suy, Van Baeveghem & Van Houtte
Brusselsestraat 108

chris at netcar24

Jul 22, 2011, 5:39 AM

Re: hide_alarm [In reply to]

hi,

--On Freitag, Juli 22, 2011 11:37:14 +0200 Martin <davical [at] aiic>
wrote:

> How can I setup davical, so that user A only gets the alarms of his
> own calendar A-home and not of the calendar B-home of user B, although
> User A has read access to B-home? Is $c->hide_alarm = true; supposed
> to do the trick? For me, it doesn't.

i don't know the "$c->hide_alarm" setting but imo this is a client setting
anyway. server-side settings will imo disable alarms completly which is not
wanted or useful i think...

in lightning/sunbird there is a calendar-setting: "Erinnerung anzeigen"
which should be "Show alarms" or similar in english version of the
software... and which is aktivated by default.
double-klicking the calendar obens the config dialog and shows the setting.

don't know if OSX has similar option, iOS 3.x doesn't have one...

cheers,
chris