Mailing List Archive: DAViCal: Dev

HTTP Digest authentication

DAViCal dev RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

guillaume-davi at outters

Aug 27, 2012, 1:28 PM

HTTP Digest authentication

Hello,

I have been implementing HTTP 'Digest' auth to DAViCal
caldav-client-v2.php, to make an Agendav 1.2.4 work with Darwin Calendar
Server; I have it working now, and was wondering if anyone could be
interested by the code.

I have packaged it as a git fork:
http://outters.eu/gui/davical/.git
In which I have made a two commits:
- the first one is the Digest handling
- the second one adds a layer of memory: so that, once we know the
server awaits a Digest auth, we don't try anymore plain connects. But it
relies on $_SESSION, so I'm not sure this is the purest, DAViCalest way
of doing things.

Thankful about the existence of the library, and awaiting to hear
remarks or such about his code,

--
Guillaume

andrew at morphoss

Sep 1, 2012, 12:54 AM

Re: HTTP Digest authentication [In reply to]

On Mon, 2012-08-27 at 22:28 +0200, Guillaume Outters wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have been implementing HTTP 'Digest' auth to DAViCal
> caldav-client-v2.php, to make an Agendav 1.2.4 work with Darwin Calendar
> Server; I have it working now, and was wondering if anyone could be
> interested by the code.

Great, thanks :-)

> I have packaged it as a git fork:
> http://outters.eu/gui/davical/.git
> In which I have made a two commits:
> - the first one is the Digest handling
> - the second one adds a layer of memory: so that, once we know the
> server awaits a Digest auth, we don't try anymore plain connects. But it
> relies on $_SESSION, so I'm not sure this is the purest, DAViCalest way
> of doing things.
>
> Thankful about the existence of the library, and awaiting to hear
> remarks or such about his code,

Unfortunatly I'm really busy at the moment and won't have time to review
it for some weeks. If anyone else wants to take a look and make
recommendations though...

Cheers,
Andrew.

Nothing recedes like success.