Mailing List Archive: DAViCal: Dev

Problems pushing (and editing the wiki)

DAViCal dev RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

davicalmailin at mailfoo

Jun 29, 2012, 2:25 AM

Problems pushing (and editing the wiki)

Hello everybody,

I tried to push my commit including the RADIUS-Authentication-Plugin:

jan [at] kar:~/src/davical/davical/inc$ git push
ssh://gnubar [at] repo/srv/git/davical.git
Counting objects: 6, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (4/4), done.
Writing objects: 100% (4/4), 1.92 KiB, done.
Total 4 (delta 2), reused 0 (delta 0)
error: unable to create temporary sha1 filename ./objects/1d: File exists

fatal: failed to write object
error: unpack failed: unpacker exited with error code
To ssh://gnubar [at] repo/srv/git/davical.git
! [remote rejected] master -> master (n/a (unpacker error))
error: failed to push some refs to
'ssh://gnubar [at] repo/srv/git/davical.git'

Can anyone help me? Do I need special rights to push into the project?

Also I wanted to create the Wikipage for the Plugin, but I do not have
that permission either.

Best Regards

Jan

andrew at morphoss

Jun 29, 2012, 6:10 PM

Re: Problems pushing (and editing the wiki) [In reply to]

On Fri, 2012-06-29 at 11:25 +0200, Jan wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I tried to push my commit including the RADIUS-Authentication-Plugin

Hi Jan,

The best way is to create a copy of the DAViCal repo on gitorious or
somewhere public like that, and push your commits to that tree. Once
you're happy with it you can tell me, I'll add it as a 'remote' and pull
from it directly.

Failing that you can send your patch to me as the output of "git
format-patch".

Cheers,
Andrew.

> :
>
> jan [at] kar:~/src/davical/davical/inc$ git push
> ssh://gnubar [at] repo/srv/git/davical.git
> Counting objects: 6, done.
> Delta compression using up to 2 threads.
> Compressing objects: 100% (4/4), done.
> Writing objects: 100% (4/4), 1.92 KiB, done.
> Total 4 (delta 2), reused 0 (delta 0)
> error: unable to create temporary sha1 filename ./objects/1d: File exists
>
> fatal: failed to write object
> error: unpack failed: unpacker exited with error code
> To ssh://gnubar [at] repo/srv/git/davical.git
> ! [remote rejected] master -> master (n/a (unpacker error))
> error: failed to push some refs to
> 'ssh://gnubar [at] repo/srv/git/davical.git'
>
> Can anyone help me? Do I need special rights to push into the project?
>
> Also I wanted to create the Wikipage for the Plugin, but I do not have
> that permission either.
>
> Best Regards
>
> Jan

I have not seen high-discipline processes succeed in commercial
settings. - Alistair Cockburn