Mailing List Archive: DAViCal: Dev

Intro

DAViCal dev RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

tom at simpleweb

Jun 20, 2012, 1:50 AM

Intro

Hi all,

Just wanted to say a quick hello, I'm new to the mailing list but very
excited about this product, it looks great.

I'll be working with it over the coming months, one of my first jobs is
going to be to put together an automated server build with Chef/Capistrano
for use on Rackspace/EC2.

Is anyone aware of anything existing in this respect? I can't find anything
in the archive that would suggest so.

If not, I'll crack on with building it and open source it when done.

Out of interest, why is this project not on Github using the pull request
method for contributions?

Thanks
Tom

andrew at morphoss

Jun 28, 2012, 3:34 AM

Re: Intro [In reply to]

On Wed, 2012-06-20 at 09:50 +0100, Tom Holder wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just wanted to say a quick hello, I'm new to the mailing list but very
> excited about this product, it looks great.
>
> I'll be working with it over the coming months, one of my first jobs is
> going to be to put together an automated server build with Chef/Capistrano
> for use on Rackspace/EC2.
>
> Is anyone aware of anything existing in this respect? I can't find anything
> in the archive that would suggest so.
>
> If not, I'll crack on with building it and open source it when done.
>
> Out of interest, why is this project not on Github using the pull request
> method for contributions?

Hi Tom,

The project repository is on repo.or.cz because that's kind of where
it's always been. I'm not a big GitHub user, but I thought it was easy
enough to pull to GitHub from any external public Git repository. I've
certainly synced between Gitorious and repo.or.cz in the past.

I've never really had a chance to look at Chef / Capistrano, and I
haven't heard about anyone doing anything for them in the past. Sounds
interesting :-)

Cheers,
Andrew.

PS. I see you have another e-mail I need to read. Sorry my bandwidth is
pretty tight this year...
Beam me up, Scotty!