Mailing List Archive: DAViCal: Dev

iOS 5

DAViCal dev RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

pobox at verysmall

Oct 15, 2011, 3:20 AM

iOS 5

Hi guys,

Since upgrading to iOS 5 on iPhone 4 we seem unable to connect to our DAViCal server. Our version is 9.4.4-1 (Debian via apt-get). iCal on OS X 10.7.2 and different versions of Lightning as well as iOS 5 on iPad and iOS 4 on iPhone 3S seem to work well.

Anybody else having similar experience?

Thank you,
Geert

jeroen at unfix

Oct 15, 2011, 4:29 AM

Re: iOS 5 [In reply to]

On 2011-10-15 12:20 , Geert Mak wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Since upgrading to iOS 5 on iPhone 4 we seem unable to connect to our
> DAViCal server. Our version is 9.4.4-1 (Debian via apt-get). iCal on
> OS X 10.7.2 and different versions of Lightning as well as iOS 5 on
> iPad and iOS 4 on iPhone 3S seem to work well.
>
> Anybody else having similar experience?

Nope, because when you upgrade to 0.9.9.6+ it all works ;)

0.9.9.5 should mostly work too btw, not sure about the 0.9.9.3 in
squeeze(stable), wheezy(testing) & sid(unstable) both have 0.9.9.6

Greets,
Jeroen

andrew at morphoss

Oct 15, 2011, 10:48 AM

Re: iOS 5 [In reply to]

On Sat, 2011-10-15 at 12:20 +0200, Geert Mak wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Since upgrading to iOS 5 on iPhone 4 we seem unable to connect to our
> DAViCal server. Our version is 9.4.4-1 (Debian via apt-get). iCal on
> OS X 10.7.2 and different versions of Lightning as well as iOS 5 on
> iPad and iOS 4 on iPhone 3S seem to work well.
>
> Anybody else having similar experience?

If you manually run the update-davical-database script does it show any
errors? There is one known error about a missing time_zone table which
can be ignored, but other than that...

Is there anything showing up in the apache error log?

I haven't heard of any other problems with 0.9.9.6 'not working' though
there is still one outstanding problem which is fixed in Git related to
iOS and limited sync range.

Regards,
Andrew McMillan.

It's not reality that's important, but how you perceive things.
Attachments: signature.asc (0.82 KB)

sales at 2k3servers

Oct 15, 2011, 10:49 AM

Re: iOS 5 [In reply to]

Dear Geert,

I think this is a bug IOS5: caldav only works properly when sycing the
entire calendar instead of only recent events.
You can change this by going to Settings ->Mail, Contacts, Calendars ->
Scroll to the bottom (Calendars) and choose 'Sync all' (instead of for
example last 2 weeks).
I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
-Bram.