Mailing List Archive: DAViCal: Dev
Re: Future development & release process

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

wolfgang at r007

Sep 12, 2011, 3:15 AM

Re: Future development & release process [In reply to]

Hi!

Am 12.09.2011 um 10:23 schrieb Matthias Althaus:

> have you thought about using an issue tracker to organize the stuff? I find these much more usable than hacking stuff into a wiki. So you easily could track what to do and group issues into a release plan.

I'd second that motion. Where I work we've had very positive results drawing everything (release management, repositories, documentation, issue and feature tracking) together into such a system.
Even though at first glance it's not more expressive than what is already in place for davical (wiki, sf.net tracker, repo.or.cz), the tighter integration and well-structured-ness helps a lot.
We use Redmine, but I'm sure something similar could be achieved with Trac or other equally capable alternatives.
These tools usually give you some freedom to accommodate your workflow, which on the other hand means you have to know what your workflow is (or will be) to configure the tool accordingly. ;-)

Wolfgang Herget