Mailing List Archive: conserver: users

Connection times out

conserver users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

Lisa.Doherty at nau

Mar 3, 2008, 1:03 PM

Connection times out

Hi all. Still pretty new at this and at system administration. I have
2 Opengear CM4148 boxes which appear to be happily configured. One has
relatively few connections to support (about 8) and the other supports
about 40. Initially connection times and response times seemed to be
quite good. Lately though, the connections to the Opengear box with 8
ports occupied is a little slow. Connections to the Opengear box with
40 ports occupied frequently times out before even presenting a login
prompt. This is true of both ssh and https connections. I tried to
ping the Opengear box and notice that I have 30 - 40% packet loss over
30 - 35 pings. I've change the port on our network switch and tried a
new network cable.

Has anyone else had this experience?

Thanks in advance,
Lisa Doherty