Login | Register For Free | Help
Search for: (Advanced)

Mailing List Archive: conserver: users

Unified logfile timestamps

 

 

conserver users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded


pbt at observatorysciences

Jul 26, 2007, 2:55 AM

Post #1 of 4 (2018 views)
Permalink
Unified logfile timestamps

We have a lot of consoles here but for 95% of the time they have no-one
logged in, so we want all connected consoles traffic logged with
timestamps, to correlate events on different consoles.

Is there a conserver facility to timestamp entries in the "unified"
logfile?


Philip Taylor

_______________________________________________
users mailing list
users [at] conserver
https://www.conserver.com/mailman/listinfo/users


bryan at conserver

Jul 26, 2007, 10:51 AM

Post #2 of 4 (1883 views)
Permalink
Re: Unified logfile timestamps [In reply to]

i believe so...look for 'unified' in the conserver.cf manpage (and -U in
the conserver manpage). ;-)

Bryan

On Thu, Jul 26, 2007 at 10:55:33AM +0100, Philip Taylor wrote:
>
> We have a lot of consoles here but for 95% of the time they have no-one
> logged in, so we want all connected consoles traffic logged with
> timestamps, to correlate events on different consoles.
>
> Is there a conserver facility to timestamp entries in the "unified"
> logfile?
>
>
> Philip Taylor
>
> _______________________________________________
> users mailing list
> users [at] conserver
> https://www.conserver.com/mailman/listinfo/users
_______________________________________________
users mailing list
users [at] conserver
https://www.conserver.com/mailman/listinfo/users


pbt at observatorysciences

Jul 27, 2007, 1:28 AM

Post #3 of 4 (1876 views)
Permalink
Re: Unified logfile timestamps [In reply to]

I am not seeing any timestamps in my unified logfile. The 'timestamp'
option only seems to affect the console logs, not the unified log,

Philip


On Thu, 26 Jul 2007, Bryan Stansell wrote:
> i believe so...look for 'unified' in the conserver.cf manpage (and -U in
> the conserver manpage). ;-)
>
> Bryan
>
> On Thu, Jul 26, 2007 at 10:55:33AM +0100, Philip Taylor wrote:
> >
> > We have a lot of consoles here but for 95% of the time they have no-one
> > logged in, so we want all connected consoles traffic logged with
> > timestamps, to correlate events on different consoles.
> >
> > Is there a conserver facility to timestamp entries in the "unified"
> > logfile?
> >
> >
> > Philip Taylor
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > users mailing list
> > users [at] conserver
> > https://www.conserver.com/mailman/listinfo/users
> _______________________________________________
> users mailing list
> users [at] conserver
> https://www.conserver.com/mailman/listinfo/users
>

_______________________________________________
users mailing list
users [at] conserver
https://www.conserver.com/mailman/listinfo/users


bryan at conserver

Aug 10, 2007, 11:06 AM

Post #4 of 4 (1864 views)
Permalink
Re: Unified logfile timestamps [In reply to]

Doh! Yeah, no timestamps there. But it does seem like the option
should exist...I look into what it would take.

Bryan

On Fri, Jul 27, 2007 at 09:28:34AM +0100, Philip Taylor wrote:
>
> I am not seeing any timestamps in my unified logfile. The 'timestamp'
> option only seems to affect the console logs, not the unified log,
>
> Philip
>
>
> On Thu, 26 Jul 2007, Bryan Stansell wrote:
> > i believe so...look for 'unified' in the conserver.cf manpage (and -U in
> > the conserver manpage). ;-)
> >
> > Bryan
> >
> > On Thu, Jul 26, 2007 at 10:55:33AM +0100, Philip Taylor wrote:
> > >
> > > We have a lot of consoles here but for 95% of the time they have no-one
> > > logged in, so we want all connected consoles traffic logged with
> > > timestamps, to correlate events on different consoles.
> > >
> > > Is there a conserver facility to timestamp entries in the "unified"
> > > logfile?
> > >
> > >
> > > Philip Taylor
> > >
> > > _______________________________________________
> > > users mailing list
> > > users [at] conserver
> > > https://www.conserver.com/mailman/listinfo/users
> > _______________________________________________
> > users mailing list
> > users [at] conserver
> > https://www.conserver.com/mailman/listinfo/users
> >
>
> _______________________________________________
> users mailing list
> users [at] conserver
> https://www.conserver.com/mailman/listinfo/users
_______________________________________________
users mailing list
users [at] conserver
https://www.conserver.com/mailman/listinfo/users

conserver users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded
 
 


Interested in having your list archived? Contact Gossamer Threads
 
  Web Applications & Managed Hosting Powered by Gossamer Threads Inc.