Mailing List Archive: conserver: announce

conserver-8.1.0 is available

conserver announce RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

bryan at conserver

Jan 18, 2004, 10:42 AM

conserver-8.1.0 is available

The first 2004 release is available...happy new year! There are a
couple of slight changes, cleanups, etc, and one big change with the
client-server protocol. The good news is I was able to send files via
xmodem and zmodem from the client to the console using the ^Ec| syntax,
which failed before the protocol change. I've also enhanced the telnet
protocol code and I believe it will now operate properly with standard
telnet ports.

I hope everyone enjoys the new code and finds that it fixes any problems
you might have seen. If not, please let me know what's wrong!

version 8.1.0 (Jan 18, 2004):
- fixes for HP-UX compilation - patch by Petter Reinholdtsen
<pere [at] hungry>
- fixes for compilation under various operating systems -
patch by Albert Chin <conserver-users [at] mlists>
- added a 'protocol' option for either 'telnet' or 'raw' socket
communication - also reflected in -i output
- changed the client/server protocol to use 0xff as a command
character for sending control commands - similiar to the
telnet protocol - improves the ^Ec| interaction
- client -E option now disables ssl encryption attempts, useful
for broken SSL environents - suggested by Graydon Dodson
<grdodson [at] lexmark>
- bad error message connecting non-ssl client with ssl-required
server - reported by Graydon Dodson <grdodson [at] lexmark>
- added note about pam configuration to conserver.passwd.man -
suggested by Erik Sjolund <erik.sjolund [at] sbc>
- improved telnet protocol option handling such that connections
to standard telnet ports should work properly

Bryan Stansell

conserver announce RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded