Mailing List Archive: conserver: announce

conserver-8.1.13 is available

conserver announce RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

bryan at conserver

Jan 15, 2006, 9:40 AM

conserver-8.1.13 is available

This latest release includes what I believe is a fix for the "conserver
runs wild and eats up the CPU" issue that I've heard about. It seems to
happen on Linux, but not Solaris (not sure about other platforms as
those are the only two I can test on). For those of you using Linux and
seeing this problem, please let me know if 8.1.13 doesn't fix it. I'm
keeping my fingers crossed.

Here are the other changes incorporated:

version 8.1.13 (Jan 15, 2006):
- use SIOCGIFNUM for interface count (if available) and catch
EINVAL on Solaris - patch by Peter Jeremy
<peter.jeremy [at] alcatel>
- console output now resets idle timer - suggested by Peter
Saunders <pajs [at] fodder>
- bug fix for conserver process running out of control and using
up cpu - debugged with Alexandra N. Kossovsky
<Alexandra.Kossovsky [at] oktetlabs>

Bryan Stansell