Mailing List Archive: ClamAV: win32

Daemon for Windows

ClamAV win32 RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

jaindsonvs at gmail

Oct 15, 2010, 3:31 AM

Daemon for Windows

Is there any daemon for Windows, so that I can run the anti-virus (i.e.
check for virus in a given file) from command-line?

Best regards,
Jaindson Valentim Santana

jaindsonvs at gmail

Oct 15, 2010, 3:27 AM

Daemon for Windows [In reply to]

Is there any daemon for Windows, so that I can run the anti-virus (i.e.
check for virus in a given file) from command-line?

Best regards,
Jaindson Valentim Santana

whoracle at c-r-t

Nov 1, 2010, 4:46 AM

Re: Daemon for Windows [In reply to]

try: http://oss.netfarm.it/clamav/
> Is there any daemon for Windows, so that I can run the anti-virus (i.e.
> check for virus in a given file) from command-line?
>
> Best regards,
> Jaindson Valentim Santana

list_ob at gmx

Nov 3, 2010, 5:43 AM

Re: Daemon for Windows [In reply to]

Jaindson Valentim wrote:

>Is there any daemon for Windows, so that I can run the anti-virus (i.e.
>check for virus in a given file) from command-line?

http://hideout.ath.cx/clamav/

Oliver

Paul+cv at blakecomp

Nov 3, 2010, 10:51 AM

Re: Daemon for Windows [In reply to]

On 15 Oct 2010 at 7:31, Jaindson Valentim wrote:

> Is there any daemon for Windows, so that I can run the anti-virus (i.e.
> check for virus in a given file) from command-line?

The Clamav project publish their own binaries for Windows now - take a look at

http://sourceforge.net/projects/clamav/files/clamav/win32/

and choose the appropriate one (win32/x64).

The netfarm and hideout versions are still available, although the netfarm version is
some way behind the current release (0.96.4).

paul

sherpya at netfarm

Nov 3, 2010, 12:13 PM

Re: Daemon for Windows [In reply to]

On 03/11/2010 18.51, Paul Whelan wrote:

> On 15 Oct 2010 at 7:31, Jaindson Valentim wrote:
>
>> Is there any daemon for Windows, so that I can run the anti-virus (i.e.
>> check for virus in a given file) from command-line?
>
> The Clamav project publish their own binaries for Windows now - take a look at
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/clamav/files/clamav/win32/
>
> and choose the appropriate one (win32/x64).
>
> The netfarm and hideout versions are still available, although the netfarm version is
> some way behind the current release (0.96.4).

The 'netfarm' version is the one used in clamwin, I've not uploaded
0.96.2 and skipped 0.96.3, 0.96.4 is ready I'll soon upload 0.96.4 builds :)

http://sourceforge.net/projects/clamav/files/clamav/win32/
is the official build, it has some minor feature missing (that are in my
port), I'm not sure it acts as service.

Regards

--
Gianluigi Tiesi <sherpya [at] netfarm>
EDP Project Leader

Paul+cv at blakecomp

Nov 4, 2010, 6:52 AM

Re: Daemon for Windows [In reply to]

On 3 Nov 2010 at 20:13, Gianluigi Tiesi wrote:

> On 03/11/2010 18.51, Paul Whelan wrote:
> >
> > The netfarm and hideout versions are still available, although the netfarm version is
> > some way behind the current release (0.96.4).
> >

> The 'netfarm' version is the one used in clamwin, I've not uploaded
> 0.96.2 and skipped 0.96.3, 0.96.4 is ready I'll soon upload 0.96.4 builds :)

Thanks for the information.

> http://sourceforge.net/projects/clamav/files/clamav/win32/
> is the official build, it has some minor feature missing (that are in my
> port), I'm not sure it acts as service.

Good point, and I'm always happy to plug your Clamav GUI also at
http://oss.netfarm.it/clamav/

paul