From: "J.W. Michels" <jw.michels [at] gmail>
To: <clamav-win32 [at] lists>
Sent: Friday, May 01, 2009 6:41 PM
Subject: [clamav-win32] How do I return these files to their original
namesand folders

> I rarely get any viruses on this machine. Less than one a year.

Then you are doing something seriously wrong. If you are scanning everything
correctly (i.e. email, web content, downloads etc) you shouldn't get ANY
unless you are very unlucky and get a new one before it's been added to the
definitions.

I have 17 machines here and none have been infected in 10 years except by
staff stupidity (e.g. an email from "Dad" MUST be OK even if it IS a .exe)

The examples you give are "probably" not FP's. Do you not have backups to
restore from when you knew the machine was clean ? I would suggest you get a
decent firewall & real-time AV (NOT Norton). I would also suggest you
reinstall your machine !!

I did see a post from someone a few weeks back saying they were working on a
real-time scanner based on Clamav but I'm not sure if that project
completed. Someone else may know better.

All the best

Phil

Website Hosting from only 5.00 per month.
www.medwayhosting.com - +44 (0)1634 856965