Mailing List Archive: ClamAV: win32

New CS Anti-Virus based on ClamAV/ClamWin engine

ClamAV win32 RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

dinardo at creasoftware

Mar 21, 2009, 5:32 AM

New CS Anti-Virus based on ClamAV/ClamWin engine

Hi,

We are Italians developers and have build a new windows project (freeware)
based on ClamAV/ClamWin engine (paricularly the libclamav.dll library),
named "CS Anti-Virus". It include a Window service (CSAntivirus.exe) that
perform all scans through the libclamav.dll, the control executable for
desktop interaction (CSAVTray.exe) and a small tool for generate new virus
signatures (CSigTool.exe). The project is developed in Visual Basic 6.0 and
Visual C++ 6.0 (The C++ ATL CSAVCoreEngine.dll is a proxy for
libclamav.dll). The project is "not yet stable". This build is only 0.1.2
and is Beta. Anyhow the system is already usable on all NT based Windows
Server and Client O.S. (from Windows 2000 to Windows 7) Tested on
2000/XP/Vista.

Follow a list of features:
Freeware, usable on server and client O.S., desktop interaction on system
login (application on try bar), use of ClamAV engine and ClamAV virus
database (main.cvd and daily.cvd), resident shield (File Guard) at the
moment only for one HD (or one root path), memory/process scan (on idle),
File/Path scan, daily and weekly schedule scans, daily update, manual
update, events log, event notify, virus log, quarantine (not yet complete),
user-define signature creation tool, GUI for engine control, service
control, program settings, notify, etc...

There are still many bugs (obviously), but the entire system is already
usable.

On the follow link there are others information and the setup file:

http://www.creasoftware.net/prodotto.asp?id=16

Help us to increase the performance of the "CS Anti-Virus" with hints and
tips. Help we to found the right license type for not generate problems or
conflict with the ClamAV Open Source project.

Thanks.

A. Di Nardo
CreaSoftware.net Manager

dinardo at creasoftware

Mar 21, 2009, 5:35 AM

New CS Anti-Virus based on ClamAV/ClamWin engine [In reply to]

Hi,

[...]

tips. Help us to found the right license type for not generate problems or
conflict with the ClamAV Open Source project.

Thanks.

A. Di Nardo
CreaSoftware.net Manager

sarocet at gmail

Mar 21, 2009, 7:29 AM

Re: New CS Anti-Virus based on ClamAV/ClamWin engine [In reply to]

Aniello Di Nardo wrote:
> Help us to increase the performance of the "CS Anti-Virus" with hints and
> tips. Help us to found the right license type for not generate problems or
> conflict with the ClamAV Open Source project.
ClamAV is GPL. As your program is linking to ClamAV dll, your program
must also be released
under GPL in order to comply with the license.