Mailing List Archive: ClamAV: win32

Don't Panic! error?

ClamAV win32 RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

ahoier at gmail

Mar 3, 2007, 7:52 AM

Don't Panic! error?

I'm seeing this message when I update my ClamWin definitions.

ClamAV update process started at Sat Mar 03 10:41:48 2007
main.cvd is up to date (version: 42, sigs: 83951, f-level: 10, builder: tkojm)
daily.inc is up to date (version: 2712, sigs: 12049, f-level: 14,
builder: ccordes)
DON'T PANIC! Read http://www.clamav.net/support/faq

What does this mean? It's saying DOn't Panic, but about what? When I
did a search, other references mentioned a reason for not panicing :)
hehe.

I will say, I've gotten the "Your updates are installed" or wahtever
balloon popups here and there since logging in, so it appears the auto
update did kick in; but I am seeing this when I do a manual/forced
update check.

budtse at users

Mar 3, 2007, 8:20 AM

Re: Don't Panic! error? [In reply to]

Adam Hoier wrote:
> I'm seeing this message when I update my ClamWin definitions.
>
> ClamAV update process started at Sat Mar 03 10:41:48 2007
> main.cvd is up to date (version: 42, sigs: 83951, f-level: 10,
> builder: tkojm)
> daily.inc is up to date (version: 2712, sigs: 12049, f-level: 14,
> builder: ccordes)
> DON'T PANIC! Read http://www.clamav.net/support/faq
>
> What does this mean? It's saying DOn't Panic, but about what? When I
> did a search, other references mentioned a reason for not panicing :)
> hehe.
The warning is about a new scanning engine being available (ClamAV
released 0.90.1). Normally ClamWin suppresses these warnings (because a
new ClamWin version might not be available yet and is monitored another
way), but this one slipped through because the link changed. It will be
fixed in the next
release.

regards,
budtse

mclaren at webtech

Mar 3, 2007, 9:12 AM

RE: Don't Panic! error? [In reply to]

How can I unsubscribe?

I'm seeing this message when I update my ClamWin definitions.

ClamAV update process started at Sat Mar 03 10:41:48 2007
main.cvd is up to date (version: 42, sigs: 83951, f-level: 10, builder:
tkojm)
daily.inc is up to date (version: 2712, sigs: 12049, f-level: 14,
builder: ccordes)
DON'T PANIC! Read http://www.clamav.net/support/faq

What does this mean? It's saying DOn't Panic, but about what? When I
did a search, other references mentioned a reason for not panicing :)
hehe.

I will say, I've gotten the "Your updates are installed" or wahtever
balloon popups here and there since logging in, so it appears the auto
update did kick in; but I am seeing this when I do a manual/forced
update check.

ahoier at gmail

Mar 3, 2007, 1:54 PM

Re: Don't Panic! error? [In reply to]

ahh okay, so I just have to wait for a new ClamWin update then?
Sounds good hehe. Just kinda scared me lol. It's been working
though, I still see update notices when I login and such (have it set
to check for updates at login).

Thanks,
Adam