Mailing List Archive: ClamAV: win32

clamd memory usage

ClamAV win32 RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

stefano.fraccaro at libero

Feb 28, 2007, 11:27 PM

clamd memory usage

Hi, I use clamav 0.90 with Windows 2000 server for scanning incoming
email. I have noticed that the memory used by the process increases
continuously from 40 Mb ~ until 200-300 Mb (than i have restarted the
process). It's a memory leak or a bad clamav installation? We are
scanning 1000 email to the day.

Thanks

jfairbrass at hotmail

Mar 1, 2007, 1:15 AM

Re: clamd memory usage [In reply to]

I just noticed the same thing yesterday - my clamd process was sitting at about 120 MB. So I restarted the service, and since then,
it's slowly been creeping upwards - starting at about 7 MB, and currently sitting at 45 MB. I expect it will continue to rise over
the coming days until I restart it again....

Cheers,
Jeremy