Mailing List Archive: ClamAV: win32

msrbl

ClamAV win32 RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

mcheung at nikon

Dec 13, 2006, 8:25 AM

msrbl

Hi everyone, where do I need to put these hdb files in this port of
ClamAV?

http://www.msrbl.com/site/

Mikey C

marconius at gmail

Dec 29, 2006, 4:32 PM

Re: msrbl [In reply to]

The db files from www.msrbl.com/site/ are unreliable, they have crashed my
clamav before with malformed database errors. I have much better luck with
the definitions from http://www.sanesecurity.com/clamav/ .

njh at bandsman

Dec 30, 2006, 5:49 AM

RE: msrbl [In reply to]

> The db files from www.msrbl.com/site/ are unreliable, they have crashed my
> clamav before with malformed database errors.

Indeed, the author of that site hasn't (to the best of my knowledge) been
through the clamAV signature writer training course so there are known to be
issues with it. (Don't laugh - such a training course *does* exist!)

-Nigel