Mailing List Archive: ClamAV: users

problem with clamd crashing on Solaris 9, SPARC

ClamAV users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

david.alix at isc

Jun 23, 2012, 9:14 PM

problem with clamd crashing on Solaris 9, SPARC

Hello-
Since Thursday morning, sometime between the daily.cld 15065 and 15066
update, my clamd daemon has been abending regularly (every couple of
minutes to every half hour). I am running clamd 0.97.2 on Solaris SPARC.

I haven't seen mention of this from anyone else on the list, so I assume
it's unique to Solaris SPARC. This happened once before in April 2011
(when it seemed to be an alignment issue).

Any clue on how to deal with this?

Thanks

___________________________________
David Alix
Information Systems and Computing
David.Alix [at] isc
(805)893-4456

http://www.clamav.net/support/ml

dennispe at inetnw

Jun 24, 2012, 7:31 AM

Re: problem with clamd crashing on Solaris 9, SPARC [In reply to]

On 6/23/12 9:14 PM, David Alix wrote:
> Hello-
> Since Thursday morning, sometime between the daily.cld 15065 and 15066 update,
> my clamd daemon has been abending regularly (every couple of minutes to every
> half hour). I am running clamd 0.97.2 on Solaris SPARC.
>
> I haven't seen mention of this from anyone else on the list, so I assume it's
> unique to Solaris SPARC. This happened once before in April 2011 (when it
> seemed to be an alignment issue).
>
> Any clue on how to deal with this?
>
> Thanks

It hasn't happened on any of my Solaris SPARC systems.

dp

http://www.clamav.net/support/ml

david.alix at isc

Jun 24, 2012, 7:37 AM

Re: problem with clamd crashing on Solaris 9, SPARC [In reply to]

which version of clamd are you running?

Thanks

David

Quoting Dennis Peterson <dennispe [at] inetnw>:

> On 6/23/12 9:14 PM, David Alix wrote:
> > Hello-
> > Since Thursday morning, sometime between the daily.cld 15065 and
> 15066 update,
> > my clamd daemon has been abending regularly (every couple of
> minutes to every
> > half hour). I am running clamd 0.97.2 on Solaris SPARC.
> >
> > I haven't seen mention of this from anyone else on the list, so I
> assume it's
> > unique to Solaris SPARC. This happened once before in April 2011
> (when it
> > seemed to be an alignment issue).
> >
> > Any clue on how to deal with this?
> >
> > Thanks
>
> It hasn't happened on any of my Solaris SPARC systems.
>
> dp

> Help us build a comprehensive ClamAV guide: visit
> http://wiki.clamav.net
> http://www.clamav.net/support/ml

David Alix
david.alix [at] isc
http://www.clamav.net/support/ml

dennispe at inetnw

Jun 24, 2012, 7:41 AM

Re: problem with clamd crashing on Solaris 9, SPARC [In reply to]

On 6/24/12 7:37 AM, David Alix wrote:
> which version of clamd are you running?
>
> Thanks
>
> David

9.7.2, 9.7.4, and 9.7.5.

dp
http://www.clamav.net/support/ml

me at junc

Jun 25, 2012, 12:41 AM

Re: problem with clamd crashing on Solaris 9, SPARC [In reply to]

Den 2012-06-24 16:41, Dennis Peterson skrev:
> On 6/24/12 7:37 AM, David Alix wrote:
>> which version of clamd are you running?
> 9.7.2, 9.7.4, and 9.7.5.

all at once to be sure ?

http://www.clamav.net/support/ml

dennispe at inetnw

Jun 25, 2012, 6:21 AM

Re: problem with clamd crashing on Solaris 9, SPARC [In reply to]

On 6/25/12 12:41 AM, Benny Pedersen wrote:
> Den 2012-06-24 16:41, Dennis Peterson skrev:
>> On 6/24/12 7:37 AM, David Alix wrote:
>>> which version of clamd are you running?
>> 9.7.2, 9.7.4, and 9.7.5.
>
> all at once to be sure ?

No - I have several systems around the world running ClamAV, each running a
single instance. The update process can be very bureaucratic.

dp
http://www.clamav.net/support/ml

tjudge at sourcefire

Jun 25, 2012, 6:40 AM

Re: problem with clamd crashing on Solaris 9, SPARC [In reply to]