Login | Register For Free | Help
Search for: (Advanced)

Mailing List Archive: ClamAV: users

How can I whitelist certain sender with clamav-milter

 

 

ClamAV users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded


garyjyao at gmail

Apr 26, 2012, 5:53 AM

Post #1 of 4 (874 views)
Permalink
How can I whitelist certain sender with clamav-milter

Hi

I am new to clamav, and inherited a postfix+clamav+spamassassin setup.

Now I have a user's certain email got rejected. In maillog, it indicates
that they were detected as "Virus detected:Phishing.DblDom-83". I knew this
user was sending legitimated emails, is there a way I can tell postfix to
whitelist this sender?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Gary
_______________________________________________
Help us build a comprehensive ClamAV guide: visit http://wiki.clamav.net
http://www.clamav.net/support/ml


jerry at seibercom

Apr 26, 2012, 7:25 AM

Post #2 of 4 (818 views)
Permalink
Re: How can I whitelist certain sender with clamav-milter [In reply to]

On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 22:53:25 +1000
Gary Yao articulated:

>I am new to clamav, and inherited a postfix+clamav+spamassassin setup.
>
>Now I have a user's certain email got rejected. In maillog, it
>indicates that they were detected as "Virus
>detected:Phishing.DblDom-83". I knew this user was sending legitimated
>emails, is there a way I can tell postfix to whitelist this sender?

"Postfix" questions should be directed to the "Postfix Mail Forum"
<http://www.postfix.com/lists.html> "Spamassassin" questions should be
directed towards their mailing lists:
<http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/MailingLists>.

You could check the documentation for both the "clamav-milter" and
"spamassassin" to achieve your goal. Clamav-milter does has methods for
whitelisting addresses; however, since I don't use "spamassassin" I am
not sure how it works in that environment.

--
Jerry ♔

Disclaimer: off-list followups get on-list replies or get ignored.
Please do not ignore the Reply-To header.
__________________________________________________________________
_______________________________________________
Help us build a comprehensive ClamAV guide: visit http://wiki.clamav.net
http://www.clamav.net/support/ml


gheskett at wdtv

Apr 26, 2012, 7:55 AM

Post #3 of 4 (812 views)
Permalink
Re: How can I whitelist certain sender with clamav-milter [In reply to]

On Thursday, April 26, 2012 10:52:25 AM Gary Yao did opine:

> Hi
>
> I am new to clamav, and inherited a postfix+clamav+spamassassin setup.
>
> Now I have a user's certain email got rejected. In maillog, it indicates
> that they were detected as "Virus detected:Phishing.DblDom-83". I knew
> this user was sending legitimated emails, is there a way I can tell
> postfix to whitelist this sender?
>
I wouldn't go there at all until I had proved that users machine is clean.
From here it certainly sounds like it is infected. You should be pretty
positive that he needs to disinfect his machine.

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards
>
> Gary
> _______________________________________________
> Help us build a comprehensive ClamAV guide: visit http://wiki.clamav.net
> http://www.clamav.net/support/ml


Cheers, Gene
--
"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My web page: <http://coyoteden.dyndns-free.com:85/gene>
COBOL:
An exercise in Artificial Inelegance.
_______________________________________________
Help us build a comprehensive ClamAV guide: visit http://wiki.clamav.net
http://www.clamav.net/support/ml


acabng at digitalfuture

Apr 26, 2012, 8:59 AM

Post #4 of 4 (816 views)
Permalink
Re: How can I whitelist certain sender with clamav-milter [In reply to]

On 04/26/12 14:53, Gary Yao wrote:
> is there a way I can tell postfix to whitelist this sender?

Gary,
I don't know about Postfix but you can do some whitelisting in the milter.
There is a dedicated "Exclusions" section in its config file[*].
You may want to give a look at it.

Cheers,
-- aCaB

[*]
http://git.clamav.net/gitweb?p=clamav-devel.git;a=blob;f=etc/clamav-milter.conf;h=decf06bca33265a66f1482e25782161f7f1e6039;hb=HEAD#l96

_______________________________________________
Help us build a comprehensive ClamAV guide: visit http://wiki.clamav.net
http://www.clamav.net/support/ml

ClamAV users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded
 
 


Interested in having your list archived? Contact Gossamer Threads
 
  Web Applications & Managed Hosting Powered by Gossamer Threads Inc.