Mailing List Archive: ClamAV: users

ClamAV support for AIX 7.1

ClamAV users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

steve_harnett at uk

Mar 7, 2012, 6:18 AM

ClamAV support for AIX 7.1

Hello all,
Can anyone tell me if ClamAV is capable of running on AIX 7.1 and if there
are any users using it please?

Thanks
Steve

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.

http://www.clamav.net/support/ml

edwin at clamav

Mar 7, 2012, 6:24 AM

Re: ClamAV support for AIX 7.1 [In reply to]

On 03/07/2012 04:18 PM, Steve G Harnett wrote:
> Hello all,
> Can anyone tell me if ClamAV is capable of running on AIX 7.1
> and if there
> are any users using it please?

We got occasional compile error reports on AIX 5.x/6.x, and fixed those.
I don't remember any bugreports about AIX 7, so either nobody is using it,
or ClamAV works flawlessly.

If you have access to an AIX 7.1 system here is what you can do:
1. Download ClamAV 0.97.3 (see http://www.clamav.net/lang/en/download/sources/)
2. Build it:
$ ./configure && make
3. Run make check:
$ make check

If you find any problems report it on our bugzilla:
https://bugzilla.clamav.net/

Best regards,
--Edwin
http://www.clamav.net/support/ml

steve_harnett at uk

Mar 7, 2012, 6:27 AM

ClamAV support for AIX 7.1 [In reply to]

Hello all,
Is anyone able to tell me if ClamAV can run on AIX 7.1 and if not given
AIX binary compatability what would I need to know and do to get it to run
please?

Thanks
Steve

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.

http://www.clamav.net/support/ml

steve_harnett at uk

Mar 7, 2012, 6:36 AM

Re: ClamAV support for AIX 7.1 [In reply to]

Hi Torok,
Many thanks for the speedy response.
I will load it into one of our tests systems and see where we go.

Thanks
Steve

Sent by: clamav-users-bounces [at] lists

On 03/07/2012 04:18 PM, Steve G Harnett wrote:
> Hello all,
> Can anyone tell me if ClamAV is capable of running on AIX 7.1
> and if there
> are any users using it please?

We got occasional compile error reports on AIX 5.x/6.x, and fixed those.
I don't remember any bugreports about AIX 7, so either nobody is using it,
or ClamAV works flawlessly.

If you have access to an AIX 7.1 system here is what you can do:
1. Download ClamAV 0.97.3 (see
http://www.clamav.net/lang/en/download/sources/)
2. Build it:
$ ./configure && make
3. Run make check:
$ make check

If you find any problems report it on our bugzilla:
https://bugzilla.clamav.net/

Best regards,
--Edwin
http://www.clamav.net/support/ml

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.

http://www.clamav.net/support/ml

steve_harnett at uk

Mar 8, 2012, 2:03 AM

Re: ClamAV support for AIX 7.1 [In reply to]

Hi Edwin,
FYI
Latest version of ClamAV Compiles and runs on AIX 7.1

# oslevel -s
7100-01-02-1150

# ./clamscan -V
ClamAV 0.97.3/13810/Mon Oct 17 13:48:18 2011

# ./clamscan ~
LibClamAV Warning: Cannot dlopen libclamunrar_iface: file not found -
unrar support unavailable
LibClamAV Warning: **************************************************
LibClamAV Warning: *** The virus database is older than 7 days! ***
LibClamAV Warning: *** Please update it as soon as possible. ***
LibClamAV Warning: **************************************************
/.Xauthority: OK
/.rhosts: OK
/.sh_history: OK
/.vi_history: OK
/bin: Symbolic link
/core: OK
/lib: Symbolic link
/smit.log: OK
/smit.script: OK
/smit.transaction: OK
/u: Symbolic link
/unix: Symbolic link
/wsmit.log: OK

Sent by: clamav-users-bounces [at] lists

On 03/07/2012 04:18 PM, Steve G Harnett wrote:
> Hello all,
> Can anyone tell me if ClamAV is capable of running on AIX 7.1
> and if there
> are any users using it please?

We got occasional compile error reports on AIX 5.x/6.x, and fixed those.
I don't remember any bugreports about AIX 7, so either nobody is using it,
or ClamAV works flawlessly.

If you have access to an AIX 7.1 system here is what you can do:
1. Download ClamAV 0.97.3 (see
http://www.clamav.net/lang/en/download/sources/)
2. Build it:
$ ./configure && make
3. Run make check:
$ make check

If you find any problems report it on our bugzilla:
https://bugzilla.clamav.net/

Best regards,
--Edwin
http://www.clamav.net/support/ml

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.

http://www.clamav.net/support/ml

edwin at clamav

Mar 8, 2012, 2:15 AM

Re: ClamAV support for AIX 7.1 [In reply to]

On 03/08/2012 12:03 PM, Steve G Harnett wrote:
> Hi Edwin,
> FYI
> Latest version of ClamAV Compiles and runs on AIX 7.1

Thanks, does it also detect all the clam* files in test/ when you scan it with clamscan?

Best regards,
--Edwin
http://www.clamav.net/support/ml

steve_harnett at uk

Mar 8, 2012, 3:25 AM

Re: ClamAV support for AIX 7.1 [In reply to]

Hi Edwin,
It looks like all but the rar files ( we cant run update due to a lack of
internet on the test system!)
# pwd
/swdist/ClamAV/clamav-0.97.3/test
# /usr/local/bin/clamscan .
LibClamAV Warning: Cannot dlopen libclamunrar_iface: file not found -
unrar support unavailable
LibClamAV Warning: **************************************************
LibClamAV Warning: *** The virus database is older than 7 days! ***
LibClamAV Warning: *** Please update it as soon as possible. ***
LibClamAV Warning: **************************************************
./Makefile.in: OK
./Makefile.am: OK
./README: OK
./Makefile: OK
./clam-v2.rar: OK
./clam-v3.rar: OK
./clam.cab: ClamAV-Test-File FOUND
./clam.exe.bz2: ClamAV-Test-File FOUND
./clam.exe: ClamAV-Test-File FOUND
./clam.zip: ClamAV-Test-File FOUND
./clam.arj: ClamAV-Test-File FOUND
./clam.exe.rtf: ClamAV-Test-File FOUND
./clam.exe.szdd: ClamAV-Test-File FOUND
./clam.tar.gz: ClamAV-Test-File FOUND
./clam.chm: ClamAV-Test-File FOUND
./clam.sis: ClamAV-Test-File FOUND
./clam-aspack.exe: ClamAV-Test-File FOUND
./clam-pespin.exe: ClamAV-Test-File FOUND
./clam-upx.exe: ClamAV-Test-File FOUND
./clam-fsg.exe: ClamAV-Test-File FOUND
./clam-mew.exe: ClamAV-Test-File FOUND
./clam-nsis.exe: ClamAV-Test-File FOUND
./clam-petite.exe: ClamAV-Test-File FOUND
./clam-upack.exe: ClamAV-Test-File FOUND
./clam-wwpack.exe: ClamAV-Test-File FOUND
./clam.pdf: ClamAV-Test-File FOUND
./clam.mail: ClamAV-Test-File FOUND
./clam.ppt: ClamAV-Test-File FOUND
./clam.tnef: ClamAV-Test-File FOUND
./clam.ea05.exe: ClamAV-Test-File FOUND
./clam.ea06.exe: ClamAV-Test-File FOUND
./clam.d64.zip: ClamAV-Test-File FOUND
./clam.exe.mbox.base64: ClamAV-Test-File FOUND
./clam.exe.mbox.uu: ClamAV-Test-File FOUND
./clam.exe.binhex: ClamAV-Test-File FOUND
./clam.ole.doc: ClamAV-Test-File FOUND
./clam.impl.zip: ClamAV-Test-File FOUND
./clam.exe.html: ClamAV-Test-File FOUND
./clam.bz2.zip: ClamAV-Test-File FOUND
./clam.bin-be.cpio: ClamAV-Test-File FOUND
./clam.bin-le.cpio: ClamAV-Test-File FOUND
./clam.newc.cpio: ClamAV-Test-File FOUND
./clam.odc.cpio: ClamAV-Test-File FOUND
./clam-yc.exe: ClamAV-Test-File FOUND
./clam_IScab_int.exe: ClamAV-Test-File FOUND
./clam_IScab_ext.exe: ClamAV-Test-File FOUND
./clam_ISmsi_int.exe: ClamAV-Test-File FOUND
./clam_ISmsi_ext.exe: ClamAV-Test-File FOUND
./clam.7z: ClamAV-Test-File FOUND
./clam_cache_emax.tgz: ClamAV-Test-File FOUND

Sent by: clamav-users-bounces [at] lists

On 03/08/2012 12:03 PM, Steve G Harnett wrote:
> Hi Edwin,
> FYI
> Latest version of ClamAV Compiles and runs on AIX 7.1

Thanks, does it also detect all the clam* files in test/ when you scan it
with clamscan?

Best regards,
--Edwin
http://www.clamav.net/support/ml

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.

http://www.clamav.net/support/ml

edwin at clamav

Mar 8, 2012, 3:28 AM

Re: ClamAV support for AIX 7.1 [In reply to]

On 03/08/2012 01:25 PM, Steve G Harnett wrote:
> Hi Edwin,
> It looks like all but the rar files ( we cant run update due to a lack of
> internet on the test system!)
> # pwd
> /swdist/ClamAV/clamav-0.97.3/test
> # /usr/local/bin/clamscan .
> LibClamAV Warning: Cannot dlopen libclamunrar_iface: file not found -
> unrar support unavailable

You can try clamscan --debug to see where it searches for the unrar library,
and then check where it actually got installed and whats its name is.

Does AIX support shared libraries? (.so files)
If it doesn't then thats probably why it cannot load the unrar lib.

Best regards,
--Edwin
http://www.clamav.net/support/ml

steve_harnett at uk

Mar 8, 2012, 4:33 AM

Re: ClamAV support for AIX 7.1 [In reply to]

Hi,

# ./clamscan --debug
LibClamAV debug: searching for unrar, user-searchpath: /usr/local/lib
LibClamAV debug: searching for unrar: libclamunrar_iface.so.6.1.12 not
found
LibClamAV debug: searching for unrar: libclamunrar_iface.so.6 not found
LibClamAV debug: searching for unrar: libclamunrar_iface.so not found
LibClamAV debug: searching for unrar: libclamunrar_iface.a not found
LibClamAV Warning: Cannot dlopen libclamunrar_iface: file not found -
unrar support unavailable

# ls -l /usr/local/lib/libclamunrar_iface.a
-rw-r--r-- 1 root system 32772 Mar 8 11:12
/usr/local/lib/libclamunrar_iface.a

Not sure why it doesn't see this file ??

AIX does have Shared libraries - but none were built in /usr/local/lib

# ls /usr/local/lib
libclamav.a libclamunrar.la pkgconfig
libclamav.la libclamunrar_iface.a
libclamunrar.a libclamunrar_iface.la

Thanks

Sent by: clamav-users-bounces [at] lists

On 03/08/2012 01:25 PM, Steve G Harnett wrote:
> Hi Edwin,
> It looks like all but the rar files ( we cant run update due to a lack
of
> internet on the test system!)
> # pwd
> /swdist/ClamAV/clamav-0.97.3/test
> # /usr/local/bin/clamscan .
> LibClamAV Warning: Cannot dlopen libclamunrar_iface: file not found -
> unrar support unavailable

You can try clamscan --debug to see where it searches for the unrar
library,
and then check where it actually got installed and whats its name is.

Does AIX support shared libraries? (.so files)
If it doesn't then thats probably why it cannot load the unrar lib.

Best regards,
--Edwin
http://www.clamav.net/support/ml

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.

http://www.clamav.net/support/ml

edwin at clamav

Mar 8, 2012, 5:03 AM

Re: ClamAV support for AIX 7.1 [In reply to]

On 03/08/2012 02:33 PM, Steve G Harnett wrote:
> Hi,
>
> # ./clamscan --debug
> LibClamAV debug: searching for unrar, user-searchpath: /usr/local/lib
> LibClamAV debug: searching for unrar: libclamunrar_iface.so.6.1.12 not
> found
> LibClamAV debug: searching for unrar: libclamunrar_iface.so.6 not found
> LibClamAV debug: searching for unrar: libclamunrar_iface.so not found
> LibClamAV debug: searching for unrar: libclamunrar_iface.a not found
> LibClamAV Warning: Cannot dlopen libclamunrar_iface: file not found -
> unrar support unavailable
>

> # ls -l /usr/local/lib/libclamunrar_iface.a
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root system 32772 Mar 8 11:12
> /usr/local/lib/libclamunrar_iface.a
>
> Not sure why it doesn't see this file ??

Is it dlopen-able?
What does 'file /usr/local/lib/libclamunrar_iface.a' say?

> AIX does have Shared libraries - but none were built in /usr/local/lib

I think AIX has the weirdness that it calls both its shared libraries
and static libraries '.a'.

> # ls /usr/local/lib
> libclamav.a libclamunrar.la pkgconfig
> libclamav.la libclamunrar_iface.a
> libclamunrar.a libclamunrar_iface.la

Not sure if those are shared libs or not, can you paste what 'libclamunrar_iface.la' contains?
And ./libtool --config output too.

Best regards,
--Edwin
http://www.clamav.net/support/ml

steve_harnett at uk

Mar 8, 2012, 6:12 AM

Re: ClamAV support for AIX 7.1 [In reply to]

Hi,
I tried to reply but my response is with the moderators (too big) so will
send it in two parts
# more libclamunrar_iface.la

# libclamunrar_iface.la - a libtool library file
# Generated by ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 2.2.6b Debian-2.2.6b-2
#
# Please DO NOT delete this file!
# It is necessary for linking the library.

# The name that we can dlopen(3).
dlname=''

# Names of this library.
library_names=''

# The name of the static archive.
old_library='libclamunrar_iface.a'

# Linker flags that can not go in dependency_libs.
inherited_linker_flags=''

# Libraries that this one depends upon.
dependency_libs=' /usr/local/lib/libclamunrar.la'

# Names of additional weak libraries provided by this library
weak_library_names=''

# Version information for libclamunrar_iface.
current=7
age=1
revision=12

# Is this an already installed library?
installed=yes

# Should we warn about portability when linking against -modules?
shouldnotlink=yes

# Files to dlopen/dlpreopen
dlopen=''
dlpreopen=''

# Directory that this library needs to be installed in:
libdir='/usr/local/lib

Sent by: clamav-users-bounces [at] lists

On 03/08/2012 02:33 PM, Steve G Harnett wrote:
> Hi,
>
> # ./clamscan --debug
> LibClamAV debug: searching for unrar, user-searchpath: /usr/local/lib
> LibClamAV debug: searching for unrar: libclamunrar_iface.so.6.1.12 not
> found
> LibClamAV debug: searching for unrar: libclamunrar_iface.so.6 not found
> LibClamAV debug: searching for unrar: libclamunrar_iface.so not found
> LibClamAV debug: searching for unrar: libclamunrar_iface.a not found
> LibClamAV Warning: Cannot dlopen libclamunrar_iface: file not found -
> unrar support unavailable
>

> # ls -l /usr/local/lib/libclamunrar_iface.a
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root system 32772 Mar 8 11:12
> /usr/local/lib/libclamunrar_iface.a
>
> Not sure why it doesn't see this file ??

Is it dlopen-able?
What does 'file /usr/local/lib/libclamunrar_iface.a' say?

> AIX does have Shared libraries - but none were built in /usr/local/lib

I think AIX has the weirdness that it calls both its shared libraries
and static libraries '.a'.

> # ls /usr/local/lib
> libclamav.a libclamunrar.la pkgconfig
> libclamav.la libclamunrar_iface.a
> libclamunrar.a libclamunrar_iface.la

Not sure if those are shared libs or not, can you paste what
'libclamunrar_iface.la' contains?
And ./libtool --config output too.

Best regards,
--Edwin
http://www.clamav.net/support/ml

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.

http://www.clamav.net/support/ml

steve_harnett at uk

Mar 8, 2012, 6:15 AM

Re: ClamAV support for AIX 7.1 [In reply to]

# ./libtool --config
# Which release of libtool.m4 was used?
macro_version=2.2.6b
macro_revision=1.3017
# Whether or not to build static libraries.
build_old_libs=yes
# Whether or not to build shared libraries.
build_libtool_libs=no
# What type of objects to build.
pic_mode=default
# Whether or not to optimize for fast installation.
fast_install=yes
# The host system.
host_alias=
host=rs6000-ibm-aix
host_os=aix
# The build system.
build_alias=
build=rs6000-ibm-aix
build_os=aix
# A sed program that does not truncate output.
SED="/usr/bin/sed"
# Sed that helps us avoid accidentally triggering echo(1) options like -n.
Xsed="$SED -e 1s/^X//"
# A grep program that handles long lines.
GREP="/usr/bin/grep"
# An ERE matcher.
EGREP="/usr/bin/grep -E"
# A literal string matcher.
FGREP="/usr/bin/grep -F"
# A BSD- or MS-compatible name lister.
NM="/usr/bin/nm -B"
# Whether we need soft or hard links.
LN_S="ln -s"
# What is the maximum length of a command?
max_cmd_len=786432
# Object file suffix (normally "o").
objext=o
# Executable file suffix (normally "").
exeext=
# whether the shell understands "unset".
lt_unset=unset
# turn spaces into newlines.
SP2NL="tr \\040 \\012"
# turn newlines into spaces.
NL2SP="tr \\015\\012 \\040\\040"
# How to create reloadable object files.
reload_flag=" -r"
reload_cmds="\$LD\$reload_flag -o \$output\$reload_objs"
# An object symbol dumper.
OBJDUMP="false"
# Method to check whether dependent libraries are shared objects.
deplibs_check_method="unknown"
# Command to use when deplibs_check_method == "file_magic".
file_magic_cmd="\$MAGIC_CMD"
# The archiver.
AR="ar"
AR_FLAGS="cru"
# A symbol stripping program.
STRIP="strip"
# Commands used to install an old-style archive.
RANLIB="ranlib"
old_postinstall_cmds="chmod 644 \$oldlib~\$RANLIB \$oldlib"
old_postuninstall_cmds=""
# A C compiler.
LTCC="cc -qlanglvl=extc89"
# LTCC compiler flags.
LTCFLAGS="-g"
# Take the output of nm and produce a listing of raw symbols and C names.
global_symbol_pipe="sed -n -e 's/^.*[ ]\\([BCDT][BCDT]*\\)[ ][
]*\\([_
A-Za-z][_A-Za-z0-9]*\\)\$/\\1 \\2 \\2/p'"
# Transform the output of nm in a proper C declaration.
global_symbol_to_cdecl="sed -n -e 's/^T .* \\(.*\\)\$/extern int \\1();/p'
-e 's
/^[BCDT]* .* \\(.*\\)\$/extern char \\1;/p'"
# Transform the output of nm in a C name address pair.
global_symbol_to_c_name_address="sed -n -e 's/^: \\([^ ]*\\) \$/
{\\\"\\1\\\",
(void *) 0},/p' -e 's/^[BCDT]* \\([^ ]*\\) \\([^ ]*\\)\$/ {\"\\2\", (void
*) \\
&\\2},/p'"
# Transform the output of nm in a C name address pair when lib prefix is
needed.
global_symbol_to_c_name_address_lib_prefix="sed -n -e 's/^: \\([^ ]*\\)
\$/ {\\
\"\\1\\\", (void *) 0},/p' -e 's/^[BCDT]* \\([^ ]*\\) \\(lib[^ ]*\\)\$/
{\"\\2\
", (void *) \\&\\2},/p' -e 's/^[BCDT]* \\([^ ]*\\) \\([^ ]*\\)\$/
{\"lib\\2\",
(oid *) \\&\\2},/p'"
# The name of the directory that contains temporary libtool files.
objdir=.libs
# Shell to use when invoking shell scripts.
SHELL="/bin/sh"
# An echo program that does not interpret backslashes.
ECHO="print -r"
# Used to examine libraries when file_magic_cmd begins with "file".
MAGIC_CMD=file
# Must we lock files when doing compilation?
need_locks="no"
# Tool to manipulate archived DWARF debug symbol files on Mac OS X.
DSYMUTIL=""
# Tool to change global to local symbols on Mac OS X.
NMEDIT=""
# Tool to manipulate fat objects and archives on Mac OS X.
LIPO=""
# ldd/readelf like tool for Mach-O binaries on Mac OS X.
OTOOL=""
# ldd/readelf like tool for 64 bit Mach-O binaries on Mac OS X 10.4.
OTOOL64=""
# Old archive suffix (normally "a").
libext=a
# Shared library suffix (normally ".so").
shrext_cmds=".so"
# The commands to extract the exported symbol list from a shared archive.
extract_expsyms_cmds=""
# Variables whose values should be saved in libtool wrapper scripts and
# restored at link time.
variables_saved_for_relink="PATH "
# Do we need the "lib" prefix for modules?
need_lib_prefix=unknown
# Do we need a version for libraries?
need_version=unknown
# Library versioning type.
version_type=none
# Shared library runtime path variable.
runpath_var=
# Shared library path variable.
shlibpath_var=
# Is shlibpath searched before the hard-coded library search path?
shlibpath_overrides_runpath=unknown
# Format of library name prefix.
libname_spec="lib\$name"
# List of archive names. First name is the real one, the rest are links.
# The last name is the one that the linker finds with -lNAME
library_names_spec=""
# The coded name of the library, if different from the real name.
soname_spec=""
# Command to use after installation of a shared archive.
postinstall_cmds=""
# Command to use after uninstallation of a shared archive.
postuninstall_cmds=""
# Commands used to finish a libtool library installation in a directory.
finish_cmds=""
# As "finish_cmds", except a single script fragment to be evaled but
# not shown.
finish_eval=""
# Whether we should hardcode library paths into libraries.
hardcode_into_libs=no
# Compile-time system search path for libraries.
sys_lib_search_path_spec="/lib /usr/lib /usr/local/lib"
# Run-time system search path for libraries.
sys_lib_dlsearch_path_spec="/lib /usr/lib"
# Whether dlopen is supported.
dlopen_support=yes
# Whether dlopen of programs is supported.
dlopen_self=no
# Whether dlopen of statically linked programs is supported.
dlopen_self_static=unknown
# Commands to strip libraries.
old_striplib=""
striplib=""

# The linker used to build libraries.
LD="/usr/bin/ld"
# Commands used to build an old-style archive.
old_archive_cmds="\$AR \$AR_FLAGS \$oldlib\$oldobjs~\$RANLIB \$oldlib"
# A language specific compiler.
CC="cc -qlanglvl=extc89"
# Is the compiler the GNU compiler?
with_gcc=
# Compiler flag to turn off builtin functions.
no_builtin_flag=""
# How to pass a linker flag through the compiler.
wl="-Wl,"
# Additional compiler flags for building library objects.
pic_flag=" -DPIC"
# Compiler flag to prevent dynamic linking.
link_static_flag=""
# Does compiler simultaneously support -c and -o options?
compiler_c_o="yes"
# Whether or not to add -lc for building shared libraries.
build_libtool_need_lc=yes
# Whether or not to disallow shared libs when runtime libs are static.
allow_libtool_libs_with_static_runtimes=no
# Compiler flag to allow reflexive dlopens.
export_dynamic_flag_spec=""
# Compiler flag to generate shared objects directly from archives.
whole_archive_flag_spec=""
# Whether the compiler copes with passing no objects directly.
compiler_needs_object="no"
# Create an old-style archive from a shared archive.
old_archive_from_new_cmds=""
# Create a temporary old-style archive to link instead of a shared
archive.
old_archive_from_expsyms_cmds=""
# Commands used to build a shared archive.
archive_cmds=""
archive_expsym_cmds=""
# Commands used to build a loadable module if different from building
# a shared archive.
module_cmds=""
module_expsym_cmds=""
# Whether we are building with GNU ld or not.
with_gnu_ld="no"
# Flag that allows shared libraries with undefined symbols to be built.
allow_undefined_flag=""
# Flag that enforces no undefined symbols.
no_undefined_flag=""
# Flag to hardcode $libdir into a binary during linking.
# This must work even if $libdir does not exist
hardcode_libdir_flag_spec=""
# If ld is used when linking, flag to hardcode $libdir into a binary
# during linking. This must work even if $libdir does not exist.
hardcode_libdir_flag_spec_ld=""
# Whether we need a single "-rpath" flag with a separated argument.
hardcode_libdir_separator=""
# Set to "yes" if using DIR/libNAME${shared_ext} during linking hardcodes
# DIR into the resulting binary.
hardcode_direct=no
# Set to "yes" if using DIR/libNAME${shared_ext} during linking hardcodes
# DIR into the resulting binary and the resulting library dependency is
# Set to "yes" if using DIR/libNAME${shared_ext} during linking hardcodes
# DIR into the resulting binary and the resulting library dependency is
# "absolute",i.e impossible to change by setting ${shlibpath_var} if the
# library is relocated.
hardcode_direct_absolute=no
# Set to "yes" if using the -LDIR flag during linking hardcodes DIR
# into the resulting binary.
hardcode_minus_L=no
# Set to "yes" if using SHLIBPATH_VAR=DIR during linking hardcodes DIR
# into the resulting binary.
hardcode_shlibpath_var=unsupported
# Set to "yes" if building a shared library automatically hardcodes DIR
# into the library and all subsequent libraries and executables linked
# against it.
hardcode_automatic=no
# Set to yes if linker adds runtime paths of dependent libraries
# to runtime path list.
inherit_rpath=no
# Whether libtool must link a program against all its dependency
libraries.
link_all_deplibs=unknown
# Fix the shell variable $srcfile for the compiler.
fix_srcfile_path=""
# Set to "yes" if exported symbols are required.
always_export_symbols=no
# The commands to list exported symbols.
export_symbols_cmds="\$NM \$libobjs \$convenience | \$global_symbol_pipe |
\$SED
's/.* //' | sort | uniq > \$export_symbols"
# Symbols that should not be listed in the preloaded symbols.
exclude_expsyms="_GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_|_GLOBAL__F[ID]_.*"
# Symbols that must always be exported.
include_expsyms=""
# Commands necessary for linking programs (against libraries) with
templates.
prelink_cmds=""
# Specify filename containing input files.
file_list_spec=""
# How to hardcode a shared library path into an executable.
hardcode_action=unsupported

Sent by: clamav-users-bounces [at] lists

On 03/08/2012 02:33 PM, Steve G Harnett wrote:
> Hi,
>
> # ./clamscan --debug
> LibClamAV debug: searching for unrar, user-searchpath: /usr/local/lib
> LibClamAV debug: searching for unrar: libclamunrar_iface.so.6.1.12 not
> found
> LibClamAV debug: searching for unrar: libclamunrar_iface.so.6 not found
> LibClamAV debug: searching for unrar: libclamunrar_iface.so not found
> LibClamAV debug: searching for unrar: libclamunrar_iface.a not found
> LibClamAV Warning: Cannot dlopen libclamunrar_iface: file not found -
> unrar support unavailable
>

> # ls -l /usr/local/lib/libclamunrar_iface.a
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root system 32772 Mar 8 11:12
> /usr/local/lib/libclamunrar_iface.a
>
> Not sure why it doesn't see this file ??

Is it dlopen-able?
What does 'file /usr/local/lib/libclamunrar_iface.a' say?

> AIX does have Shared libraries - but none were built in /usr/local/lib

I think AIX has the weirdness that it calls both its shared libraries
and static libraries '.a'.

> # ls /usr/local/lib
> libclamav.a libclamunrar.la pkgconfig
> libclamav.la libclamunrar_iface.a
> libclamunrar.a libclamunrar_iface.la

Not sure if those are shared libs or not, can you paste what
'libclamunrar_iface.la' contains?
And ./libtool --config output too.

Best regards,
--Edwin
http://www.clamav.net/support/ml

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.

http://www.clamav.net/support/ml

edwin at clamav

Mar 8, 2012, 6:26 AM

Re: ClamAV support for AIX 7.1 [In reply to]

On 03/08/2012 04:15 PM, Steve G Harnett wrote:
> # ./libtool --config
> # Which release of libtool.m4 was used?
> macro_version=2.2.6b
> macro_revision=1.3017
> # Whether or not to build static libraries.
> build_old_libs=yes
> # Whether or not to build shared libraries.
> build_libtool_libs=no

There's your problem: libtool decided NOT to build shared libraries.

You can try forcing it with ./configure --enable-shared --disable-static, and see if that works.

--Edwin
http://www.clamav.net/support/ml

steve_harnett at uk

Mar 8, 2012, 6:58 AM

Re: ClamAV support for AIX 7.1 [In reply to]

On 2012-03-08 15:58, Steve G Harnett wrote:
> Hi Edwin,
> as discussed:
> # more libclamunrar_iface.la
>
> # libclamunrar_iface.la - a libtool library file
> # Generated by ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 2.2.6b Debian-2.2.6b-2
> #
> # Please DO NOT delete this file!
> # It is necessary for linking the library.
>
> # The name that we can dlopen(3).
> dlname=''

This should not be empty.

> # ./libtool --config
>
> # Which release of libtool.m4 was used?
> macro_version=2.2.6b
> macro_revision=1.3017
>
> # Whether or not to build static libraries.
> build_old_libs=yes
>
> # Whether or not to build shared libraries.
> build_libtool_libs=no

This should be 'yes'.

Check config.log on why libtool doesn't support shared libraries on your platform.

Best regards,
--Edwin