Mailing List Archive: ClamAV: users

sigtool bug???

ClamAV users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

gcirino at cirelle

Jan 23, 2012, 3:43 PM

sigtool bug???

Ok, IMHO sigtool should return the same information (results) regardless
if the debug flag is set or not.

This means, using
sigtool --debug --info=main.cvd
vs
sigtool --info=main.cvd

Should return the same results, one with extra code and one without

But sigtool version 97.3 does not do this (on my machine anyway).

here is what's returned against the same file with and without the --debug
switch.

First with --debug

sigtool --debug --info=/usr/local/share/clamav/main.cvd

File: /usr/local/share/clamav/main.cvd
Build time: 11 Oct 2011 10:34 -0400
Version: 54
Signatures: 1044387
Functionality level: 60
Builder: sven
MD5: ef015484e18b983ddf08425e2dad6a3f
Digital signature:
WOgEPNPkB4L0W5K9p1Wc+TE9DQOctxVBHGoR4pTqupMF6kJEVukelj0SPR6jTyczszfodstR+HPHG8mHjkvEtLzmmAz8WflU8vlf/XYW8Gjc6QuEetMN7yNy4JditkLVWCb/nf0gD943JTQ6lI+t7IoSqEk04jQncQ7nwNLIcZd
LibClamAV debug: Initialized 0.97.3 engine
LibClamAV debug: in cli_cvdload()
LibClamAV debug: MD5(.tar.gz) = ef015484e18b983ddf08425e2dad6a3f
LibClamAV debug: cli_versig: Decoded signature:
ef015484e18b983ddf08425e2dad6a3f
LibClamAV debug: cli_versig: Digital signature is correct.
LibClamAV debug: in cli_tgzload()
LibClamAV debug: main.info loaded
LibClamAV debug: in cli_tgzload()
LibClamAV Error: cli_tgzload: Invalid checksum for file main.mdb
LibClamAV debug: Cleaning up phishcheck
LibClamAV debug: Phishcheck cleaned up
ERROR: cvdinfo: Verification: Malformed database

This is without the debug flag

sigtool --info=/usr/local/share/clamav/main.cvd

File: /usr/local/share/clamav/main.cvd
Build time: 11 Oct 2011 10:34 -0400
Version: 54
Signatures: 1044387
Functionality level: 60
Builder: sven
MD5: ef015484e18b983ddf08425e2dad6a3f
Digital signature:
WOgEPNPkB4L0W5K9p1Wc+TE9DQOctxVBHGoR4pTqupMF6kJEVukelj0SPR6jTyczszfodstR+HPHG8mHjkvEtLzmmAz8WflU8vlf/XYW8Gjc6QuEetMN7yNy4JditkLVWCb/nf0gD943JTQ6lI+t7IoSqEk04jQncQ7nwNLIcZd
Verification OK.

I hope someone with more knowlege than I can explain this to me, as it
really doesn't make much sense.

Thanks

Best Regards
Greg

http://www.clamav.net/support/ml

ClamAV users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded