Mailing List Archive: ClamAV: users

clamd and IPv6

ClamAV users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

a_s_y at sama

Dec 26, 2011, 12:11 AM

clamd and IPv6

Hello.

Does anybody use clamd with IPv6 ? I attempted to do it, but
it not works. All complicated by the fact that it is my first
experience with IPv6 also. I attemted to bind clamd to localhost.

clamd.conf part:

TCPSocket 3310
TCPAddr ::1

Error:

Dec 26 12:06:56 clamd: ERROR: TCP: Couldn't configure socket, check your configuration
Dec 26 12:06:56 clamd: Closing the main socket.

# ip a|grep -B3 "::1"
1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 16436 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN
link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00
inet 127.0.0.1/8 brd 127.255.255.255 scope host lo
inet6 ::1/128 scope host

As can be seen that clamd assembled correctly with IPv6 support ?

Sergey
http://www.clamav.net/support/ml

edwin at clamav

Dec 26, 2011, 1:08 AM

Re: clamd and IPv6 [In reply to]

On 12/26/2011 10:11 AM, Sergey wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Does anybody use clamd with IPv6 ? I attempted to do it, but
> it not works. All complicated by the fact that it is my first
> experience with IPv6 also. I attemted to bind clamd to localhost.

clamd doesn't support IPv6. Only freshclam does.

Best regards,
--Edwin
http://www.clamav.net/support/ml

me at junc

Dec 26, 2011, 3:36 AM

Re: clamd and IPv6 [In reply to]

On Mon, 26 Dec 2011 11:08:44 +0200, Török Edwin wrote:

>> Does anybody use clamd with IPv6 ? I attempted to do it, but
>> it not works. All complicated by the fact that it is my first
>> experience with IPv6 also. I attemted to bind clamd to localhost.
>
> clamd doesn't support IPv6. Only freshclam does.

freshclam is ipv4/ipv6 client does not magicly make it a server