Login | Register For Free | Help
Search for: (Advanced)

Mailing List Archive: ClamAV: users
Re: illegal or not, make a valid argument (was "no subject")
 

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat


bill at inetmsg

Apr 21, 2010, 10:45 AM


Views: 3869
Permalink
Re: illegal or not, make a valid argument (was "no subject") [In reply to]

On Wed, April 21, 2010 9:26 am, Christopher X. Candreva wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Apr 2010, Eric Rostetter wrote:
>
>> > See above, that does NOT in any way constitute requesting my
>> permission.
>>
>> Sure it does. Legally, in the US, when I want to do something that I'm
>> legally required to inform the community about, all I have to do is
>> take
>> out an ad in the local newspaper. Or post signs in the affected area.
>> If you don't read it, too bad. I made the required public notice. That
>
> Let me drive this home. In the state of New York, until recently if the
> government wanted to use eminant domain to take your property, all they
> had
> to do was take out an ad in the paper. They do not need to track down the
> owner of the building or land, just take out an ad. If you don't read the
> paper that day, the first you hear that your building was being knocked
> down
> may be when the wrecking ball shows up.
>
> This was only amended in 2004 after some particularly nasty battles.
>
> http://ownerscounsel.blogspot.com/2009/06/port-chester-offers-apology-for-taking.html
>
> Just a dose a reality folks.

Yes, amended to requre "certified main or personal delivery". Thus it
appears that your example is diametrically opposed to your argument that
only minimal notification is required.

Bill


_______________________________________________
Help us build a comprehensive ClamAV guide: visit http://wiki.clamav.net
http://www.clamav.net/support/ml

Subject User Time
(no subject) lobredor at telered Aug 1, 2003, 11:55 AM
    RE: (no subject) njh at bandsman Sep 23, 2003, 2:06 PM
        RE: (no subject) newsgroup at auratia Sep 24, 2003, 5:43 AM
    Re: (no subject) njh at bandsman Sep 24, 2003, 8:42 AM
        Re: (no subject) newsgroup at auratia Sep 24, 2003, 11:30 AM
    Re: (no subject) njh at bandsman Sep 24, 2003, 11:40 AM
        Re: (no subject) newsgroup at auratia Sep 24, 2003, 11:53 AM
    Re: (no subject) tk at lodz Feb 10, 2004, 5:08 AM
    RE: (no subject) njh at bandsman Feb 26, 2004, 3:44 PM
        RE: (no subject) scott.deacon at sympatico Feb 26, 2004, 7:28 PM
    Re: (no subject) Antony at Soft-Solutions Aug 12, 2004, 3:29 AM
        Re: Mail-ClamAV installed virus junkmail at phoenix-blaze Aug 12, 2004, 7:07 AM
            Re: Mail-ClamAV installed virus trog at uncon Aug 12, 2004, 7:18 AM
    Re: (no subject) niek at packetstorm Sep 7, 2004, 9:07 AM
        Re: (no subject) niek at packetstorm Sep 7, 2004, 10:09 AM
    RE: (no subject) sdimoff at usnetworksinc Oct 5, 2004, 6:17 AM
    Re: (no subject) njh at bandsman Oct 5, 2004, 6:17 AM
    Re: (no subject) njh at bandsman Oct 5, 2004, 6:22 AM
        Re: (no subject) sasab at pixteam Oct 5, 2004, 6:28 AM
        RE: (no subject) bclark at eccotours Oct 5, 2004, 6:33 AM
    Re: (no subject) njh at bandsman Oct 5, 2004, 6:30 AM
    Re: (no subject) math at mlists Oct 5, 2004, 7:21 AM
        RE: (no subject) bclark at eccotours Oct 5, 2004, 7:43 AM
    Re: (no subject) Jose-Marcio.Martins at ensmp Oct 5, 2004, 7:41 AM
    Re: (no subject) shane.wise at nashvilleweather Oct 5, 2004, 7:52 AM
        Re: (no subject) math at mlists Oct 5, 2004, 8:07 AM
            Re: (no subject) shane.wise at nashvilleweather Oct 5, 2004, 8:27 AM
                Re: (no subject) njh at bandsman Oct 5, 2004, 8:42 AM
                Re: (no subject) njh at bandsman Oct 5, 2004, 8:51 AM
    Re: (no subject) math at mlists Oct 5, 2004, 8:11 AM
    Re: (no subject) clamav-users at plumlee Feb 25, 2005, 7:24 AM
        Re: (no subject) tkojm at clamav Feb 25, 2005, 7:30 AM
            Re: (no subject) clamav-users at plumlee Feb 25, 2005, 9:16 AM
        Re: (no subject) bdm at fenrir Feb 25, 2005, 8:06 AM
            Re: (no subject) clamav-users at plumlee Feb 25, 2005, 9:47 AM
    RE: (no subject) daniel at goitrain Feb 25, 2005, 11:43 AM
    RE: (no subject) daniel at goitrain Feb 25, 2005, 6:48 PM
    RE: (no subject) dennispe at inetnw Feb 25, 2005, 10:58 PM
        RE: Clueless Newbies [was: (no subject)] dan.mcdonald at austinenergy Feb 28, 2005, 5:09 AM
            RE: Clueless Newbies [was: (no subject)] evan at pierce Feb 28, 2005, 5:46 AM
            RE: Clueless Newbies [was: (no subject)] dennispe at inetnw Feb 28, 2005, 8:36 AM
                RE: Clueless Newbies [was: (no subject)] dennispe at inetnw Feb 28, 2005, 8:43 AM
                    Re: Clueless Newbies [was: (no subject)] betsy.schwartz at gmail Feb 28, 2005, 11:30 AM
                        Re: Clueless Newbies [was: (no subject)] mattf at bauchan Mar 1, 2005, 5:52 AM
                            Re: Clueless Newbies [was: (no subject)] dennispe at inetnw Mar 1, 2005, 6:23 AM
    Re: (no subject) clamav-users at plumlee Feb 26, 2005, 7:28 AM
    Re: (no subject) mattf at bauchan May 17, 2005, 2:50 PM
    Re: (no subject) dennispe at inetnw May 17, 2005, 3:02 PM
    Re: (no subject) bdm at fenrir Oct 9, 2005, 6:50 AM
        Re: (no subject) webmaster at kf6plh Oct 9, 2005, 9:45 AM
    Re: (no subject) bdm at fenrir Oct 9, 2005, 3:17 PM
    Re: (no subject) jmaul at elih Jul 26, 2006, 10:35 AM
    Re: (no subject) cswiger at mac Jul 26, 2006, 10:37 AM
    Re: (no subject) DStaal at usa Jul 26, 2006, 10:46 AM
    Re: (no subject) fedora at drussell Jul 26, 2006, 10:48 AM
    Re: (no subject) oboltus at bigmir Oct 23, 2007, 12:30 AM
        Re: (no subject) rob.macgregor at gmail Oct 23, 2007, 1:13 AM
    Re: (no subject) oboltus at bigmir Oct 23, 2007, 4:18 AM
        Re: (no subject) rob.macgregor at gmail Oct 23, 2007, 5:00 AM
    Re: (no subject) edwintorok at gmail Apr 16, 2010, 12:37 AM
        Re: (no subject) steve at greengecko Apr 16, 2010, 12:54 AM
            Re: (no subject) spiro at knossos Apr 18, 2010, 1:27 PM
                Re: (no subject) bitfuzzy at campbus Apr 18, 2010, 1:40 PM
                    Re: (no subject) jimlinux at commspeed Apr 18, 2010, 2:03 PM
                        Re: (no subject) bitfuzzy at campbus Apr 18, 2010, 2:39 PM
                            Re: (no subject) jimlinux at commspeed Apr 18, 2010, 2:45 PM
                Re: (no subject) dennispe at inetnw Apr 18, 2010, 1:43 PM
                Re: (no subject) steve.wray at cwa Apr 20, 2010, 7:36 PM
                    Re: (no subject) Jason.Haar at trimble Apr 20, 2010, 8:19 PM
                    Re: (no subject) jimlinux at commspeed Apr 20, 2010, 8:24 PM
                        Re: (no subject) steve.wray at cwa Apr 20, 2010, 8:31 PM
                            Re: (no subject) jimlinux at commspeed Apr 20, 2010, 8:34 PM
                                Re: (no subject) lists at retrochoons Apr 20, 2010, 11:10 PM
                                    Re: (no subject) mslucas at taos-it Apr 20, 2010, 11:27 PM
                            Re: (no subject) jimlinux at commspeed Apr 20, 2010, 8:38 PM
                                Re: (no subject) francesco at fampeeters Apr 20, 2010, 11:00 PM
                        Re: (no subject) mslucas at taos-it Apr 20, 2010, 11:20 PM
                    Re: (no subject) dave-usenet at djwcomputers Apr 20, 2010, 11:24 PM
                    Re: (no subject) linux at thehobsons Apr 21, 2010, 12:15 AM
                        Re: (no subject) clamav.user at seibercom Apr 21, 2010, 2:30 AM
                            Re: (no subject) tbb at hideout Apr 21, 2010, 2:38 AM
                                Re: (no subject) R.Sterenborg at netsourcing Apr 21, 2010, 3:18 AM
                                Re: (no subject) steveb_clamav at sanesecurity Apr 21, 2010, 3:30 AM
                            Re: (no subject) linux at thehobsons Apr 21, 2010, 8:45 AM
                                Re: (no subject) rostetter at mail Apr 21, 2010, 9:41 AM
                                    Re: (no subject) linux at thehobsons Apr 21, 2010, 11:08 AM
                                Re: (no subject) jimlinux at commspeed Apr 21, 2010, 2:11 PM
                        Re: illegal or not, make a valid argument (was "no subject") rostetter at mail Apr 21, 2010, 9:16 AM
                            Re: illegal or not, make a valid argument (was "no subject") chris at westnet Apr 21, 2010, 9:26 AM
                                Re: illegal or not, make a valid argument (was "no subject") rob.macgregor at gmail Apr 21, 2010, 9:45 AM
                                Re: illegal or not, make a valid argument (was "no subject") bill at inetmsg Apr 21, 2010, 10:45 AM
                            Re: illegal or not, make a valid argument (was "no subject") chris at westnet Apr 21, 2010, 10:48 AM
                                Re: illegal or not, make a valid argument (was "no subject") bill at inetmsg Apr 21, 2010, 10:56 AM
                            Re: illegal or not, make a valid argument (was "no subject") jonnykent at gmail Apr 21, 2010, 10:51 AM
                            Re: illegal or not, make a valid argument (was "no subject") chris at westnet Apr 21, 2010, 11:08 AM
                                Re: illegal or not, make a valid argument (was "no subject") bill at inetmsg Apr 21, 2010, 11:13 AM
                            Re: illegal or not, make a valid argument (was "no subject") rostetter at mail Apr 21, 2010, 11:15 AM
                            Re: illegal or not, make a valid argument (was "no subject") chris at westnet Apr 21, 2010, 11:30 AM
                            Re: illegal or not, make a valid argument (was "no subject") linux at thehobsons Apr 21, 2010, 11:44 AM
                                Re: illegal or not, make a valid argument (was "no subject") jimlinux at commspeed Apr 21, 2010, 4:25 PM
                                Re: illegal or not, make a valid argument (was "no subject") dave-usenet at djwcomputers Apr 21, 2010, 6:22 PM
                        Re: (no subject) jimlinux at commspeed Apr 21, 2010, 1:53 PM
                        Re: (no subject) boheme at gmail Apr 21, 2010, 6:02 PM
                    Re: (no subject) spiro at knossos Apr 21, 2010, 12:50 PM
                        Re: (no subject) steve.wray at cwa Apr 21, 2010, 1:19 PM
                            Re: (no subject) spiro at knossos Apr 21, 2010, 1:36 PM
                                Re: (no subject) steve.wray at cwa Apr 21, 2010, 1:44 PM
                            Re: (no subject) chris at westnet Apr 21, 2010, 1:39 PM
                                Re: (no subject) bonivart at opencsw Apr 21, 2010, 1:46 PM
                            Re: (no subject) bitfuzzy at campbus Apr 21, 2010, 2:03 PM
                            Re: (no subject) jimlinux at commspeed Apr 21, 2010, 4:43 PM
    Re: (no subject) tkojm at clamav Apr 16, 2010, 2:07 AM
    Re: (no subject) clamav-users at uchange Apr 16, 2010, 2:09 AM
        Re: (no subject) linux at thehobsons Apr 16, 2010, 3:59 AM
            Re: (no subject) spiro at knossos Apr 18, 2010, 1:38 PM
                Re: (no subject) linux at thehobsons Apr 18, 2010, 3:26 PM
                    Re: (no subject) jimlinux at commspeed Apr 19, 2010, 9:22 AM
                        Re: (no subject) linux at thehobsons Apr 19, 2010, 11:14 AM
                        Re: (no subject) dennispe at inetnw Apr 19, 2010, 5:28 PM
                            Re: (no subject) linux at thehobsons Apr 19, 2010, 11:48 PM
                            Re: (no subject) bernd at petrovitsch Apr 20, 2010, 1:45 AM
    Re: (no subject) tkojm at clamav Apr 16, 2010, 2:32 AM
    Re: (no subject) edwintorok at gmail Apr 16, 2010, 3:22 AM
        Re: (no subject) leolistas at solutti Apr 16, 2010, 5:15 AM
            Re: (no subject) francis.stevens at bristow Apr 16, 2010, 6:10 AM
        Re: (no subject) jobst at barrett May 2, 2010, 10:24 PM
    Re: (no subject) lists at retrochoons Apr 20, 2010, 11:35 PM
        Re: (no subject) mort at chalmers Apr 21, 2010, 1:20 AM
            Re: (no subject) linux at thehobsons Apr 21, 2010, 2:26 AM
        Re: (no subject) jimlinux at commspeed Apr 21, 2010, 6:54 AM
        Re: Clubbing a deceased equine chris at westnet Apr 21, 2010, 7:50 AM
            Re: Clubbing a deceased equine linux at thehobsons Apr 21, 2010, 8:28 AM
            Re: Clubbing a deceased equine eray.aslan at caf Apr 21, 2010, 9:04 AM
                Re: Clubbing a deceased equine chris at westnet Apr 21, 2010, 9:12 AM
                    Re: Clubbing a deceased equine linux at thehobsons Apr 21, 2010, 9:27 AM
                        Re: Clubbing a deceased equine chris at westnet Apr 21, 2010, 11:53 AM
                            Re: Clubbing a deceased equine steveb_clamav at sanesecurity Apr 21, 2010, 1:19 PM
                                Re: Clubbing a deceased equine clamav at clubneon Apr 21, 2010, 1:26 PM
                        Re: Clubbing a deceased equine rostetter at mail Apr 21, 2010, 12:12 PM
                            Re: Clubbing a deceased equine linux at thehobsons Apr 21, 2010, 12:34 PM
                                Re: Clubbing a deceased equine cswiger at mac Apr 21, 2010, 12:49 PM
                                Re: Clubbing a deceased equine rostetter at mail Apr 21, 2010, 12:56 PM
                                    Re: Clubbing a deceased equine eray.aslan at caf Apr 21, 2010, 1:23 PM
                        Re: Clubbing a deceased equine chupacerveza at gmail Apr 21, 2010, 6:55 PM
                            Re: Clubbing a deceased equine steve.wray at cwa Apr 21, 2010, 8:03 PM
                                Re: Clubbing a deceased equine dennispe at inetnw Apr 21, 2010, 8:20 PM
                                    Re: Clubbing a deceased equine dennispe at inetnw Apr 21, 2010, 8:24 PM
                                    Re: Clubbing a deceased equine conrad at enetworks Apr 21, 2010, 8:44 PM
                                    Re: Clubbing a deceased equine eray.aslan at caf Apr 21, 2010, 11:39 PM
                                        Re: Clubbing a deceased equine jimlinux at commspeed Apr 22, 2010, 7:18 AM
                                    Re: Clubbing a deceased equine linux at thehobsons Apr 22, 2010, 1:39 AM
                                Re: Clubbing a deceased equine jarif at iki Apr 21, 2010, 9:10 PM
                Re: Clubbing a deceased equine chupacerveza at gmail Apr 21, 2010, 2:48 PM
                    Re: Clubbing a deceased equine jimlinux at commspeed Apr 21, 2010, 4:58 PM
                        Re: Clubbing a deceased equine steve.wray at cwa Apr 21, 2010, 5:42 PM
                            Re: Clubbing a deceased equine jimlinux at commspeed Apr 21, 2010, 6:08 PM
                                Re: Clubbing a deceased equine steve.wray at cwa Apr 21, 2010, 6:19 PM
                                    Re: Clubbing a deceased equine jimlinux at commspeed Apr 21, 2010, 6:21 PM
            Re: Clubbing a deceased equine eray.aslan at caf Apr 21, 2010, 10:50 PM
        Re: (no subject) rostetter at mail Apr 21, 2010, 8:59 AM
    Re: (no subject) skraw at ithnet Apr 21, 2010, 1:29 AM
    Re: (no subject) steve.wray at cwa Apr 21, 2010, 1:51 PM
        Re: (no subject) spiro at knossos Apr 21, 2010, 2:07 PM
            Re: (no subject) steve.wray at cwa Apr 21, 2010, 2:09 PM
                Re: (no subject) jimlinux at commspeed Apr 21, 2010, 4:56 PM
            Re: (no subject) steve at greengecko Apr 21, 2010, 2:51 PM
                Re: (no subject) jimlinux at commspeed Apr 21, 2010, 5:00 PM
                    Re: (no subject) steve at greengecko Apr 21, 2010, 5:08 PM
                        Re: (no subject) jimlinux at commspeed Apr 21, 2010, 6:04 PM
                            Re: (no subject) rostetter at mail Apr 21, 2010, 10:06 PM
                                Re: (no subject) dennispe at inetnw Apr 21, 2010, 10:08 PM
                Re: (no subject) rostetter at mail Apr 21, 2010, 8:59 PM
        Re: (no subject) jimlinux at commspeed Apr 21, 2010, 4:52 PM
    Re: (no subject) jimlinux at commspeed Apr 21, 2010, 6:09 PM
    Re: (no subject) alvarnell at mac Nov 8, 2010, 2:39 PM
    Re: (no subject) edwin+ml-clamav at etorok Mar 3, 2012, 7:16 AM
        Re: (no subject) jayzon915 at gmail Mar 3, 2012, 7:28 AM
    Re: (no subject) jesler at sourcefire May 11, 2012, 10:40 AM
    Re: (no subject) alvarnell at mac Oct 17, 2012, 12:28 AM
    Re: (no subject) StEwert at c-onServices Oct 17, 2012, 5:28 AM
    Re: (no subject) azidouemba at sourcefire Oct 17, 2012, 6:16 AM

  Index | Next | Previous | View Flat
 
 


Interested in having your list archived? Contact Gossamer Threads
 
  Web Applications & Managed Hosting Powered by Gossamer Threads Inc.