Mailing List Archive: ClamAV: users

Clamdscan setup

ClamAV users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

mgregory at agama

Dec 5, 2009, 10:27 PM

Clamdscan setup

Hi,

I would like to setup a scheduled task for clamdscan to do scans every
couple of hours.

I would appreciate an example config file for clamdscan that would
include setting a log file and scanning the entire c: drive

And moving bad files to a quarantine folder.

Is there an example config file anywhere?

Regards

Mark

http://www.clamav.net/support/ml

rob.macgregor at gmail

Dec 6, 2009, 12:54 AM

Re: Clamdscan setup [In reply to]

On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 06:27, Mark Gregory <mgregory [at] agama> wrote:

> I would like to setup a scheduled task for clamdscan to do scans every
> couple of hours.
>
> I would appreciate an example config file for clamdscan that would
> include setting a log file and scanning the entire c: drive
>
> And moving bad files to a quarantine folder.

You'll need to configure clamd that way, since clamdscan uses clamd
(the hint is in the name).

The man page for clamd.conf will give you what you want, but key lines
would included:

LogFile c:\example\log.file.txt

Note that clamd isn't a full AV product and doesn't include
quarantining. For that you'll want clamscan. Again the man page
tells you what you want, but something like:

clamscan -l=c:\example\log.file.txt --move c:\quarantine\ c:\

--
Please keep list traffic on the list.

Rob MacGregor
doesn't become a monster. Friedrich Nietzsche
http://www.clamav.net/support/ml

mgregory at agama

Dec 6, 2009, 1:41 AM

Re: Clamdscan setup [In reply to]

Hi Rob,

Thank you for the information.

I should mention that I have clamd running as a service under windows
server 2003. From my reading and I may be confusing things, I thought I
had to use clamdscan in this scenario.

What is the key difference between clamdscan and clamscan?

Regards,
Mark

http://h0stname/cgi-bin/learn-msg.cgi?id=09F33285B5.A961E

signature database 4663 (20091205) __________

http://www.eset.com

signature database 4663 (20091205) __________

http://www.eset.com

http://www.clamav.net/support/ml

rob.macgregor at gmail

Dec 6, 2009, 1:44 AM

Re: Clamdscan setup [In reply to]

On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 09:41, Mark Gregory <mgregory [at] agama> wrote:
> Hi Rob,
>
> Thank you for the information.
>
> I should mention that I have clamd running as a service under windows
> server 2003. From my reading and I may be confusing things, I thought I
> had to use clamdscan in this scenario.
>
> What is the key difference between clamdscan and clamscan?

I'm pretty sure the documentation covers it, but in summary:

clamscan - stand alone, runs as the user running it, does not use any
of clamd's configuration

clamdscan - an interface to clamd, clamd does all the work

--
Please keep list traffic on the list.

Rob MacGregor
doesn't become a monster. Friedrich Nietzsche
http://www.clamav.net/support/ml

mgregory at agama

Dec 6, 2009, 5:11 PM

Re: Clamdscan setup [In reply to]

Hi Rob,

Is there a manual for use on Windows?

I found the manual clamdoc.pdf, but it appears to concentrate on unix.

Regards
Mark

http://h0stname/cgi-bin/learn-msg.cgi?id=02D7E285B5.AA45D

signature database 4665 (20091206) __________