Mailing List Archive: ClamAV: users

lstat failed errors after upgrade to 0.95.1

ClamAV users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

kate at rheel

lstat failed errors after upgrade to 0.95.1

I am running on Centos 5.2

in the clamd.log there are quite a entries now similar to
Warning: lstat() failed on:
/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/31494/EA1D.../tnef.31494

How do I fix this?

Thanks
Kate
http://www.clamav.net/support/ml

rberber at prodigy

Re: lstat failed errors after upgrade to 0.95.1 [In reply to]

Kate Kleinschafer wrote:

> I am running on Centos 5.2
>
> in the clamd.log there are quite a entries now similar to
> Warning: lstat() failed on:
> /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/31494/EA1D.../tnef.31494
>
> How do I fix this?

The error really just means "file not found", but the problem is related
to MailScanner and how it is using clamav, you probably have a bad
MailScanner configuration.

You should ask on the MailScanner list with more info about how did you
configure it to use clamav, what version are you using, and probably
other details about MS configuration.
--
René Berber

Re: lstat failed errors after upgrade to 0.95.1 [In reply to]

René Berber wrote:
> Kate Kleinschafer wrote:
>

>> I am running on Centos 5.2
>>
>> in the clamd.log there are quite a entries now similar to
>> Warning: lstat() failed on:
>> /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/31494/EA1D.../tnef.31494
>>
>> How do I fix this?
>>

> The error really just means "file not found", but the problem is related
> to MailScanner and how it is using clamav, you probably have a bad
> MailScanner configuration.
>
> You should ask on the MailScanner list with more info about how did you
> configure it to use clamav, what version are you using, and probably
> other details about MS configuration.

Will do, I just thought it would actually be a clam issue as it was
running fine with no warnings until up upgraded clam the other day.

Cheers

Re: lstat failed errors after upgrade to 0.95.1 [In reply to]

Kate Kleinschafer wrote:

> Will do, I just thought it would actually be a clam issue as it was
> running fine with no warnings until up upgraded clam the other day.

Could be, but most likely its a MS problem... I also use it and had no
problem upgrading clamav.

It all depends on the version of MS you are using, on my side it is
4.71.10, not the latest but not old. Many things changed in MS while
clamav went from the pre 0.90 versions to the newer versions to adjust
to new and deprecated parameters.

The log message you saw also means MS calls clamav and then deletes the
attachment before clam has a chance to scan it... weird, more so since I
use MS to pass the whole message, not in parts, which is the only way to
take advantage of SaneSecurity's signatures (because of the headers, not
the attachments), clam can scan attachments just fine, the "old" MS way
was to uncompress archived attachments and do a lot of what now is
useless work.
--
René Berber