Mailing List Archive: ClamAV: users

Cobalt compile problem

ClamAV users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

jridder at darwinstheory

Aug 22, 2003, 5:15 PM

Cobalt compile problem

I'm trying to compile Clam for a Raq2 and keep running into the same
error:

*** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -lbz2.
*** I have the capability to make that library automatically link in
when
*** you link to this library. But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have
*** because I did check the linker path looking for a file starting
*** with libbz2 and none of the candidates passed a file format test
*** using a file magic. Last file checked: /usr/lib/libbz2.a
*** The inter-library dependencies that have been dropped here will be
*** automatically added whenever a program is linked with this library
*** or is declared to -dlopen it.
gcc -shared matcher.lo md5.lo others.lo readdb.lo str.lo scanners.lo
unrarlib.l
o zzip-dir.lo zzip-err.lo zzip-file.lo zzip-info.lo zzip-io.lo
zzip-stat.lo zzip
-zip.lo strc.lo blob.lo mbox.lo message.lo strrcpy.lo table.lo text.lo
-lz -lpt
hread -Wl,-soname -Wl,libclamav.so.1 -o .libs/libclamav.so.1.0.3
collect2: ld terminated with signal 6 [Aborted]
make[1]: *** [libclamav.la] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/sites/home/users/admin/clamav-0.60/libclamav'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

I'm kinda confused. If libbzq2.a is what its looking for and its there,
then why is it having a problem?

Jeff

tk at lodz

Aug 22, 2003, 5:32 PM

Re: Cobalt compile problem [In reply to]

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 16:14:03 -0800
"Jeff Ridder" <jridder [at] darwinstheory> wrote:

> I'm kinda confused. If libbzq2.a is what its looking for and its
> there, then why is it having a problem?

Please try to compile with --disable-bzip2 passed to the configure
script.

Best regards,
Tomasz Kojm
--
oo ..... zolw [at] konarski
(\/)\......... http://www.konarski.edu.pl/~zolw

jridder at darwinstheory

Aug 22, 2003, 6:34 PM

RE: Cobalt compile problem [In reply to]

Ok that got rid of that part but then I got this:

gcc -shared matcher.lo md5.lo others.lo readdb.lo str.lo scanners.lo
unrarlib.l
o zzip-dir.lo zzip-err.lo zzip-file.lo zzip-info.lo zzip-io.lo
zzip-stat.lo zzip
-zip.lo strc.lo blob.lo mbox.lo message.lo strrcpy.lo table.lo text.lo
-lz -lpt
hread -Wl,-soname -Wl,libclamav.so.1 -o .libs/libclamav.so.1.0.3
collect2: ld terminated with signal 6 [Aborted]
make[1]: *** [libclamav.la] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/sites/home/users/admin/clamav-0.60/libclamav'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
[root clamav-0.60]#

Which I realized was in the same message, I was just assuming it was
related to the bz2 message.

Jeff

ClamAV users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded