Mailing List Archive: ClamAV: devel

QA request: Please test signature DBs against 0.95 and later

ClamAV devel RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

dfs at roaringpenguin

Feb 28, 2011, 6:47 AM

QA request: Please test signature DBs against 0.95 and later

Hi,

Referring to threads at:
http://lurker.clamav.net/thread/20110228.124343.f4b93b47.en.html#20110228.124343.f4b93b47
http://lurker.clamav.net/thread/20110210.215042.63ffc4bc.en.html#20110210.215042.63ffc4bc

and especially:
http://lurker.clamav.net/message/20110211.235527.4079e33f.en.html

which quotes:

> 3-4 days after v0.97 is released, v0.95 is considered obsolete and
> no longer worth testing databases for.

Is that really true? Is it actually infeasible to test signature
updates against all versions of ClamAV from v0.95 on? I don't know
which SCM system you use, but it seems to me a pre-commit hook that
validates signatures before allowing the commit shouldn't be that hard
to create.

I was a little upset by the forced-obsolescence of 0.94.x, but at
least we had plenty of warning. The surprise de-facto obsolescence
of 0.95 with no warning at all is not so much fun...

Regards,

David.

ClamAV devel RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded