Mailing List Archive: ClamAV: devel

ClamAV vs. Wildlist

ClamAV devel RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

mforbis at hotmail

Jan 14, 2008, 1:31 PM

ClamAV vs. Wildlist

Hello all, I am curious as to whether there has been any recent comparison of ClamAV's virus detection against the wildlist (www.wildlist.org). Granted, the latest wildlist is from October 2007, but it would be interesting to see the results as several vendors use their wildlist detection as a marketing tool (or at least used to). Also, I was wondering if there was any solid method of actually doing a comparison on my own, as the wildlist provides only virus names, which do not match the naming convention used by ClamAV. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-mforbis
Watch “Cause Effect,” a show about real people making a real difference.

acabng at digitalfuture

Jan 14, 2008, 3:18 PM

Re: ClamAV vs. Wildlist [In reply to]

Matt Forbis wrote:
> Hello all, I am curious as to whether there has been any recent comparison of ClamAV's virus detection against the wildlist (www.wildlist.org). Granted, the latest wildlist is from October 2007, but it would be interesting to see the results as several vendors use their wildlist detection as a marketing tool (or at least used to). Also, I was wondering if there was any solid method of actually doing a comparison on my own, as the wildlist provides only virus names, which do not match the naming convention used by ClamAV. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi Matt,
Check http://www.av-test.org/ for a wildlist-based comparison.

-aCaB

ClamAV devel RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded