Mailing List Archive: Cisco: VOIP

Delay in Voice cut through

MohitS at starcomms

Jul 29, 2008, 3:41 PM

Delay in Voice cut through

Hello Friends,

I use Cisco Voice gateway for receiving incoming calls from UK. When my
friends call me from UK and I answer the call, I just have dead air.
Only after 6-8 seconds I am able to listen to their voice although they
kept on saying "hello! Hello' since the call was picked. Could any one
help me in troubleshooting this issue.

Thank you for your help

Mohit C. Saxena

DISCLAIMER:The information contained in this message (including any attachments) is confidential and may be privileged. If you have received it by mistake please notify the sender by return e-mail and permanently delete this message and any attachments from your system. Any form of dissemination, use, review, distribution, printing or copying of this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited if you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail. Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change. STARCOMMS PLC shall not be liable for the improper or incomplete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt or damage to your system. STARCOMMS PLC does not guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained or that this communication is free of viruses, interceptions or interferences. STARCOMMS PLC reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications, whether related to the business of STARCOMMS or not, through its internal or external networks. DISCLAIMER:The information contained in this message (including any attachments) is confidential and may be privileged. If you have received it by mistake please notify the sender by return e-mail and permanently delete this message and any attachments from your system. Any form of dissemination, use, review, distribution, printing or copying of this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited if you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail. Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change. STARCOMMS PLC shall not be liable for the improper or incomplete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt or damage to your system. STARCOMMS PLC does not guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained or that this communication is free of viruses, interceptions or interferences. STARCOMMS PLC reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications, whether related to the business of STARCOMMS or not, through its internal or external networks.

jonvoip at gmail

Jul 29, 2008, 10:09 PM

Re: Delay in Voice cut through [In reply to]

Check out my post and the fix from a week ago...

Final fix was changing the CCM service parameter "Bundle Outbound SCCP
Messages Timer" from 0 to 20 msec

This was CCM 4.1SR7 with an MGCP gateway

Jonathan

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 5:41 PM, Mohit Saxena <MohitS [at] starcomms> wrote:
> Hello Friends,
>

> I use Cisco Voice gateway for receiving incoming calls from UK. When my
> friends call me from UK and I answer the call, I just have dead air. Only
> after 6-8 seconds I am able to listen to their voice although they kept on
> saying "hello! Hello' since the call was picked. Could any one help me in
> troubleshooting this issue.
>

> Thank you for your help
>

> Mohit C. Saxena
>

> ________________________________
> DISCLAIMER:The information contained in this message (including any
> attachments) is confidential and may be privileged. If you have received it
> by mistake please notify the sender by return e-mail and permanently delete
> this message and any attachments from your system. Any form of
> dissemination, use, review, distribution, printing or copying of this
> message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited if you are not the
> intended recipient of this e-mail. Please note that e-mails are susceptible
> to change. STARCOMMS PLC shall not be liable for the improper or incomplete
> transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any
> delay in its receipt or damage to your system. STARCOMMS PLC does not
> guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained or
> that this communication is free of viruses, interceptions or interferences.
> STARCOMMS PLC reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications,
> whether related to the business of STARCOMMS or not, through its internal or
> external networks. DISCLAIMER:The information contained in this message
> (including any attachments) is confidential and may be privileged. If you
> have received it by mistake please notify the sender by return e-mail and
> permanently delete this message and any attachments from your system. Any
> form of dissemination, use, review, distribution, printing or copying of
> this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited if you are not the
> intended recipient of this e-mail. Please note that e-mails are susceptible
> to change. STARCOMMS PLC shall not be liable for the improper or incomplete
> transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any
> delay in its receipt or damage to your system. STARCOMMS PLC does not
> guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained or
> that this communication is free of viruses, interceptions or interferences.
> STARCOMMS PLC reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications,
> whether related to the business of STARCOMMS or not, through its internal or
> external networks.

MohitS at starcomms

Jul 30, 2008, 3:17 PM

Re: Delay in Voice cut through [In reply to]

I don't use CCM.

I use PSTN phone connected to AS 5850 Pots side and receive calls from
UK over IP. It takes 8-10 seconds to listen to the voice of caller.

Please help.
Br.

Mohit C. Saxena

wrote:
> [...]

r not, through its internal or external networks.

Jul 30, 2008, 5:05 PM

Re: Delay in Voice cut through [In reply to]

Add this:

voice call send-alert
voice rtp send-recv

Jonathan

Jul 31, 2008, 2:31 AM

Re: Delay in Voice cut through [In reply to]

This is already added but not much help.
I also want to inform you that this AS5850 runs SS7 signaling using
Cisco PGW2200. May be I can do something from PGW2200 ??

Mohit C. Saxena