Mailing List Archive: Cisco: VOIP

Outbound Caller ID w/ CUCM 6.1

mikewilusz at pricechopper

Mar 29, 2008, 4:27 PM

Outbound Caller ID w/ CUCM 6.1

Hey All,

Lots of good information going back and forth lately... thanks for
letting me leech. I'm dealing with a CUCM 6.1 install (I've previously
only done a brief CCME install), and I'm having an issue trying to
understand implementing controlled caller ID for outbound calls. Our
carrier allows us to pass whatever caller ID information we want, so
right now when I place a call, my 4-digit DN is shown with the name
"Unknown Caller" on the caller ID of the outside handset. I did some
research and saw some recommendations to force the caller ID on the
gateway configuration. We use an MGCP gateway, and under the PRI config
I tried changing the "Call Routing Information - Outbound Calls" section
and set the Caller ID DN to a different number. Outside calls still
show my 4-digit DN. Hrmm... I also read something brief about changing
it using a Transformation Pattern, but when I tried outbound calls
failed. How and where do I implement this? I'd like to set all
outbound calls to come from the same 10 digit DID and same name.

Thanks in advance

Mike

erickbee at gmail

Mar 29, 2008, 8:43 PM

Re: Outbound Caller ID w/ CUCM 6.1 [In reply to]

Did you reset the MGCP gateway endpoint after changing the Caller ID
field on the MGCP Gateway endpoint configuration? Setting it there,
should override any other caller ID settings, unless you used the X
wildcard in the Caller ID field. If you set the caller id to a 10
digit phone number there, and it was reset properly (and actually
reset) then that number should be sent for all calls. When the MGCP
gateway is reset in CCM it should unregister and re-register. If you
refresh the call manager page quick after resetting, it should show it
unregistered.

Does your MGCP gateway have 'ccm-manager config' in it ? Are you sure
the call went out this endpoint you set the caller id on?