Mailing List Archive: Cisco: VOIP

CCM4.1 to GK to MCU...

jonvoip at gmail

Oct 30, 2006, 9:38 AM

CCM4.1 to GK to MCU...

OK, I have a CCM4.1 box, and I am trying to get it to connect (for video) to
a Cisco MCU, via a gatekeeper...

The MCU is registered to the gatekeeper as an endpoint, but I can't get the
CCM to do the same...

I have a gatekeeper controlled trunk pointing at the MCU (with the GK
identified)...

Still nothing...

I also added a couple of route-patterns (with the MCU service prefixes)
pointing at the trunk... Still nothing...

gatekeeper
zone local 10.1.1.1 binky.com
zone subnet 10.1.1.1 10.1.1.0/22 enable
zone prefix 10.1.1.1 2125554244*
gw-type-prefix 1#* default-technology
no shutdown

Any ideas?

TIA

Jonathan

Greg_Hinson at adp

Oct 30, 2006, 9:49 AM

Re: CCM4.1 to GK to MCU... [In reply to]

Are you using a Cisco MCM gatekeeper, or a Radvision ECS gatekeeper? I
ask because they both handle differently when it comes to zone prefix
definition and digit stripping

-Greg
________________________________

OK, I have a CCM4.1 box, and I am trying to get it to connect (for
video) to a Cisco MCU, via a gatekeeper...

The MCU is registered to the gatekeeper as an endpoint, but I can't get
the CCM to do the same...

I have a gatekeeper controlled trunk pointing at the MCU (with the GK
identified)...

Still nothing...

I also added a couple of route-patterns (with the MCU service prefixes)
pointing at the trunk... Still nothing...

gatekeeper
zone local 10.1.1.1 binky.com
zone subnet 10.1.1.1 10.1.1.0/22 enable
zone prefix 10.1.1.1 2125554244*
gw-type-prefix 1#* default-technology
no shutdown

Any ideas?

TIA

Jonathan

jonvoip at gmail

Oct 30, 2006, 9:58 AM

Re: CCM4.1 to GK to MCU... [In reply to]

It is a Cisco 2851 running a voice IOS...

Also, it is a Cisco IP IVR MCU...

Jonathan

On 10/30/06, Hinson, Greg <Greg_Hinson [at] adp> wrote:

> Are you using a Cisco MCM gatekeeper, or a Radvision ECS gatekeeper? I
> ask because they both handle differently when it comes to zone prefix
> definition and digit stripping
>

> -Greg
> ------------------------------

rratliff at cisco

Oct 30, 2006, 10:07 AM

Re: CCM4.1 to GK to MCU... [In reply to]

You have to have a route pattern pointing to the trunk for CM to
register with the gk afaik. Also note that CM only retries
registration every 30-60 seconds. For quicker results reset the gk-
controlled trunk. Also make sure you have CM set to register as a
gateway not a terminal.

From your config I assume CM's IP address falls within the
10.1.1.0/22 subnet?

-Ryan

OK, I have a CCM4.1 box, and I am trying to get it to connect (for
video) to a Cisco MCU, via a gatekeeper...

The MCU is registered to the gatekeeper as an endpoint, but I can't
get the CCM to do the same...

I have a gatekeeper controlled trunk pointing at the MCU (with the GK
identified)...

Still nothing...

I also added a couple of route-patterns (with the MCU service
prefixes) pointing at the trunk... Still nothing...

gatekeeper
zone local 10.1.1.1 binky.com
zone subnet 10.1.1.1 10.1.1.0/22 enable
zone prefix 10.1.1.1 2125554244*
gw-type-prefix 1#* default-technology
no shutdown

Any ideas?

TIA

Jonathan

jonvoip at gmail

Oct 30, 2006, 10:52 AM

Re: CCM4.1 to GK to MCU... [In reply to]

There is a route-pattern pointing to the trunk, but the Gatekeeper only
shows the MCU registered as an endpoint.

The CM is set to register as a gateway... and the CM is not on the same
subnet...

Jonathan

On 10/30/06, Ryan Ratliff <rratliff [at] cisco> wrote:

> You have to have a route pattern pointing to the trunk for CM to
> register with the gk afaik. Also note that CM only retries
> registration every 30-60 seconds. For quicker results reset the gk-
> controlled trunk. Also make sure you have CM set to register as a
> gateway not a terminal.
>
> From your config I assume CM's IP address falls within the
> 10.1.1.0/22 subnet?
>
> -Ryan
>
> On Oct 30, 2006, at 12:38 PM, Jonathan Charles wrote:
>
> OK, I have a CCM4.1 box, and I am trying to get it to connect (for
> video) to a Cisco MCU, via a gatekeeper...
>
> The MCU is registered to the gatekeeper as an endpoint, but I can't
> get the CCM to do the same...
>
> I have a gatekeeper controlled trunk pointing at the MCU (with the GK
> identified)...
>
> Still nothing...
>
> I also added a couple of route-patterns (with the MCU service
> prefixes) pointing at the trunk... Still nothing...
>

> gatekeeper
> zone local 10.1.1.1 binky.com
> zone subnet 10.1.1.1 10.1.1.0/22 enable
> zone prefix 10.1.1.1 2125554244*
> gw-type-prefix 1#* default-technology
> no shutdown
>

> Any ideas?
>
> TIA
>

> Jonathan

voip at pentenrieder

Oct 30, 2006, 11:00 AM

Re: CCM4.1 to GK to MCU... [In reply to]

HI,

i would recommend you to use a "debug h225 asn1" debug to figure out, if the CCM trys to register with the gatekeeper (look for RRQ messages). If you can see RRQ message there should be a RRJ message. If so, get ride off the zone subnet command. By the way, the command isn't working, because there is no "no zone subnet enable default" command...

Of course you could provide the output of the debug command to us...then we can have a look!

Cheers,
Andi
There is a route-pattern pointing to the trunk, but the Gatekeeper only shows the MCU registered as an endpoint.

The CM is set to register as a gateway... and the CM is not on the same subnet...

Jonathan

You have to have a route pattern pointing to the trunk for CM to
register with the gk afaik. Also note that CM only retries
registration every 30-60 seconds. For quicker results reset the gk-
controlled trunk. Also make sure you have CM set to register as a
gateway not a terminal.

From your config I assume CM's IP address falls within the
10.1.1.0/22 subnet?

-Ryan

OK, I have a CCM4.1 box, and I am trying to get it to connect (for
video) to a Cisco MCU, via a gatekeeper...

The MCU is registered to the gatekeeper as an endpoint, but I can't
get the CCM to do the same...

I have a gatekeeper controlled trunk pointing at the MCU (with the GK
identified)...

Still nothing...

I also added a couple of route-patterns (with the MCU service
prefixes) pointing at the trunk... Still nothing...

gatekeeper
zone local 10.1.1.1 binky.com
zone subnet 10.1.1.1 10.1.1.0/22 enable
zone prefix 10.1.1.1 2125554244*
gw-type-prefix 1#* default-technology
no shutdown

Any ideas?

TIA

Jonathan

rratliff at cisco

Oct 30, 2006, 11:42 AM

Re: CCM4.1 to GK to MCU... [In reply to]

Check that zone subnet command. I'm pretty sure it restricts what IP
addresses the gatekeeper will allow registration from. Also check
out 'debug ras', 'debug h225 asn1', and 'debug gatek main 10'.

-Ryan

There is a route-pattern pointing to the trunk, but the Gatekeeper
only shows the MCU registered as an endpoint.

The CM is set to register as a gateway... and the CM is not on the
same subnet...

Jonathan

On 10/30/06, Ryan Ratliff <rratliff [at] cisco> wrote: You have to
have a route pattern pointing to the trunk for CM to
register with the gk afaik. Also note that CM only retries
registration every 30-60 seconds. For quicker results reset the gk-
controlled trunk. Also make sure you have CM set to register as a
gateway not a terminal.

From your config I assume CM's IP address falls within the
10.1.1.0/22 subnet?

-Ryan

OK, I have a CCM4.1 box, and I am trying to get it to connect (for
video) to a Cisco MCU, via a gatekeeper...

The MCU is registered to the gatekeeper as an endpoint, but I can't
get the CCM to do the same...

I have a gatekeeper controlled trunk pointing at the MCU (with the GK
identified)...

Still nothing...

I also added a couple of route-patterns (with the MCU service
prefixes) pointing at the trunk... Still nothing...

gatekeeper
zone local 10.1.1.1 binky.com
zone subnet 10.1.1.1 10.1.1.0/22 enable
zone prefix 10.1.1.1 2125554244*
gw-type-prefix 1#* default-technology
no shutdown

Any ideas?

TIA

Jonathan

voip at pentenrieder

Oct 30, 2006, 11:46 AM

> Check that zone subnet command. I'm pretty sure it restricts what IP
> addresses the gatekeeper will allow registration from. Also check
> out 'debug ras', 'debug h225 asn1', and 'debug gatek main 10'.
>
> -Ryan
>
> On Oct 30, 2006, at 1:52 PM, Jonathan Charles wrote:
>
> There is a route-pattern pointing to the trunk, but the Gatekeeper
> only shows the MCU registered as an endpoint.
>
> The CM is set to register as a gateway... and the CM is not on the
> same subnet...
>

> Jonathan
>
> On 10/30/06, Ryan Ratliff <rratliff [at] cisco> wrote: You have to
> have a route pattern pointing to the trunk for CM to
> register with the gk afaik. Also note that CM only retries
> registration every 30-60 seconds. For quicker results reset the gk-
> controlled trunk. Also make sure you have CM set to register as a
> gateway not a terminal.
>
> From your config I assume CM's IP address falls within the
> 10.1.1.0/22 subnet?
>
> -Ryan
>
> On Oct 30, 2006, at 12:38 PM, Jonathan Charles wrote:
>
> OK, I have a CCM4.1 box, and I am trying to get it to connect (for
> video) to a Cisco MCU, via a gatekeeper...
>
> The MCU is registered to the gatekeeper as an endpoint, but I can't
> get the CCM to do the same...
>
> I have a gatekeeper controlled trunk pointing at the MCU (with the GK
> identified)...
>
> Still nothing...
>
> I also added a couple of route-patterns (with the MCU service
> prefixes) pointing at the trunk... Still nothing...
>

> gatekeeper
> zone local 10.1.1.1 binky.com
> zone subnet 10.1.1.1 10.1.1.0/22 enable
> zone prefix 10.1.1.1 2125554244*
> gw-type-prefix 1#* default-technology
> no shutdown
>

> Any ideas?
>
> TIA
>

> Jonathan

jonvoip at gmail

Oct 30, 2006, 12:07 PM

Re: CCM4.1 to GK to MCU... [In reply to]

I checked again, and that subnet has a /22 on it, so it covers the entire
region...

I ran the debugs and saw this:

value RasMessage ::= registrationReject :
{
requestSeqNum 47
protocolIdentifier { 0 0 8 2250 0 4 }
rejectReason discoveryRequired : NULL
}

Jonathan

On 10/30/06, Ryan Ratliff <rratliff [at] cisco> wrote:

> Check that zone subnet command. I'm pretty sure it restricts what IP
> addresses the gatekeeper will allow registration from. Also check
> out 'debug ras', 'debug h225 asn1', and 'debug gatek main 10'.
>
> -Ryan
>
> On Oct 30, 2006, at 1:52 PM, Jonathan Charles wrote:
>
> There is a route-pattern pointing to the trunk, but the Gatekeeper
> only shows the MCU registered as an endpoint.
>
> The CM is set to register as a gateway... and the CM is not on the
> same subnet...
>

> Jonathan
>
> On 10/30/06, Ryan Ratliff <rratliff [at] cisco> wrote: You have to
> have a route pattern pointing to the trunk for CM to
> register with the gk afaik. Also note that CM only retries
> registration every 30-60 seconds. For quicker results reset the gk-
> controlled trunk. Also make sure you have CM set to register as a
> gateway not a terminal.
>
> From your config I assume CM's IP address falls within the
> 10.1.1.0/22 subnet?
>
> -Ryan
>
> On Oct 30, 2006, at 12:38 PM, Jonathan Charles wrote:
>
> OK, I have a CCM4.1 box, and I am trying to get it to connect (for
> video) to a Cisco MCU, via a gatekeeper...
>
> The MCU is registered to the gatekeeper as an endpoint, but I can't
> get the CCM to do the same...
>
> I have a gatekeeper controlled trunk pointing at the MCU (with the GK
> identified)...
>
> Still nothing...
>
> I also added a couple of route-patterns (with the MCU service
> prefixes) pointing at the trunk... Still nothing...
>

> gatekeeper
> zone local 10.1.1.1 binky.com
> zone subnet 10.1.1.1 10.1.1.0/22 enable
> zone prefix 10.1.1.1 2125554244*
> gw-type-prefix 1#* default-technology
> no shutdown
>

> Any ideas?
>
> TIA
>

> Jonathan

voip at pentenrieder

Oct 30, 2006, 12:20 PM

Re: CCM4.1 to GK to MCU... [In reply to]

when using a default-technology make sure that the callmanager also has a tech-prefix of 1#....

Andi

[...]

From your config I assume CM's IP address falls within the
10.1.1.0/22 subnet?

-Ryan

OK, I have a CCM4.1 box, and I am trying to get it to connect (for
video) to a Cisco MCU, via a gatekeeper...

The MCU is registered to the gatekeeper as an endpoint, but I can't
get the CCM to do the same...

I have a gatekeeper controlled trunk pointing at the MCU (with the GK
identified)...

Still nothing...

I also added a couple of route-patterns (with the MCU service
prefixes) pointing at the trunk... Still nothing...

gatekeeper
zone local 10.1.1.1 binky.com
zone subnet 10.1.1.1 10.1.1.0/22 enable
zone prefix 10.1.1.1 2125554244*
gw-type-prefix 1#* default-technology
no shutdown

Any ideas?

TIA

Jonathan

jonvoip at gmail

Oct 30, 2006, 12:26 PM

Re: CCM4.1 to GK to MCU... [In reply to]

Got that on the trunk config...

Jonathan

On 10/30/06, Andreas Pentenrieder <voip [at] pentenrieder> wrote:

> when using a default-technology make sure that the callmanager also has a
> tech-prefix of 1#....
>
> Andi

kthorngr at cisco

Oct 30, 2006, 2:18 PM

Re: CCM4.1 to GK to MCU... [In reply to]

I don't think the problem is with the zone subnet command. To restrict
other subnets you will need to add this command:
zone subnet 10.1.1.1 default enable

From what I can find the "rejectReason discoveryRequired : NULL" means
that the GK received a "lightweight" RRQ from the GW (CCM) but needs to
have a full registration message for the initial registration. In the
RRQ that generated the RRJ is the KeepAlive field set to True or False?

Kevin

kthorngr at cisco

Oct 30, 2006, 2:24 PM

Re: CCM4.1 to GK to MCU... [In reply to]

Forgot... for more info regarding lightweight RRQ see this link:
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/
122cgcr/fvvfax_c/vvf323ov.htm#wp1281060

Kevin

jonvoip at gmail

Oct 30, 2006, 2:53 PM

Re: CCM4.1 to GK to MCU... [In reply to]

It looks like I had the wrong zone configured on the CCM... Everything is
registered now, and the MCU is taking calls...

Thanks everyone!

Jonathan