Mailing List Archive: Cisco: VOIP

Using VWIC-2MFT card with voice and data

chris.ellington at nsi1

Jul 17, 2006, 7:29 AM

Using VWIC-2MFT card with voice and data

I know it hasn't been supported to use a 2MFT card with one port T1 data
and the other port PRI but I seem to remember seeing a doc stating that
it was supported.

At present, my TAC engineer thinks I nuts and can't find the doc.

Anyone on the list recall seeing this?

Thanks!

Chris

--
Christopher S. Ellington
CCIE #6814

jason.aarons at us

Jul 17, 2006, 7:31 AM

Re: Using VWIC-2MFT card with voice and data [In reply to]

Only issues might be clocking from different sources on the two T1s.
There are clocking limitations on the VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1. However in
general it does work, I have lots of sites with this configuration.

I would try and stick with a WIC1-DSU if you not sure on the telco
clocking -jason

I know it hasn't been supported to use a 2MFT card with one port T1 data
and the other port PRI but I seem to remember seeing a doc stating that
it was supported.

At present, my TAC engineer thinks I nuts and can't find the doc.

Anyone on the list recall seeing this?

Thanks!

Chris

--
Christopher S. Ellington
CCIE #6814
Network Solutions, Inc.
(317) 566 8897
Chris.Ellington [at] nsi1

Disclaimer:

designated addressee(s) named above only. If you are not the
unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please
from your computer. Thank you.

commo_ssg_31f at yahoo

Jul 17, 2006, 4:48 PM

Re: Using VWIC-2MFT card with voice and data [In reply to]

I have always been told no, this could not be done but some documentation says otherwise. Maybe the below URLs is what you are refering to:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5855/products_qanda_item0900aecd8028d2e5.shtml

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2617/products_configuration_example09186a008052c920.shtml

Let us know if you make it work.

Peter Casanave

"Jason Aarons (US)" <jason.aarons [at] us> wrote:
[...]

---------------------------------

tednugent69 at yahoo

Jul 17, 2006, 5:12 PM

Re: Using VWIC-2MFT card with voice and data [In reply to]

Not if it's supported but it does works. Just make
sure you set your clock source to the voice T1 since
it's less tolerant to slips especially for fax.

Also, you're not crazy.. I've seen that doc as well
but I can't seem to find it again, it might have been
corrected or removed from CCO. It don't believe it was
ISR relevant though which seems to be the problem, at
least it was in my case.

--- Chris Ellington <chris.ellington [at] nsi1> wrote:

> I know it hasn't been supported to use a 2MFT card
> with one port T1 data
> and the other port PRI but I seem to remember seeing
> a doc stating that
> it was supported.
>
> At present, my TAC engineer thinks I nuts and can't
> find the doc.
>
> Anyone on the list recall seeing this?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Chris
>
> --
> Christopher S. Ellington
> CCIE #6814
> Network Solutions, Inc.
> (317) 566 8897
> Chris.Ellington [at] nsi1

chris.ellington at nsi1

Jul 18, 2006, 6:44 AM

Re: Using VWIC-2MFT card with voice and data [In reply to]

This is the doc I was looking for!

And out of frustration, I tried configuring it last night and it worked
before, when I would configure a pri-group on the second controller, I got
an error but now its letting me configure it.

So now we can start selling 2 port cards one for voice the other for data
rather than two single port cards.

Thanks for all of the help, from the only listserv I subscribe to anymore
due to the excellent signal/noise ratio.

Chris

--
Christopher S. Ellington
CCIE #6814

wsisk at cisco

Jul 18, 2006, 6:05 PM

Re: Using VWIC-2MFT card with voice and data [In reply to]

Be leary. i believe the 2t cards have a limitation that they must
clock against the same TDM clock. If you hook up 2 different clock
sources you will start taking L1 errors.

/Wes

--
Christopher S. Ellington
CCIE #6814