Mailing List Archive: Cisco: VOIP

call manager upgrade

Scott.Voll at wesd

Aug 20, 2003, 8:19 AM

call manager upgrade

I'm trying to upgrade CM from 3.3(2) to 3.3(3). The publisher went fine but the subscriber is stopped on the password phrase. I get an error of either the password phrase is wrong or I have a network connection problem. I can ping both and all the passwords are the same for all passwords. Four letters and three numbers. No funny stuff )(*&^%$#@!~. Can anyone help. TAC is running 2 to 6 hours behind. What a Pain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott Voll
Network Analyst, CCNA
Willamette ESD
Phone: (503) 385-4571
scott.voll [at] wesd

Scott.Voll at wesd

Aug 20, 2003, 9:07 AM

RE: call manager upgrade [In reply to]

It was a local policy issue on the publisher.

Thanks

scott
I'm trying to upgrade CM from 3.3(2) to 3.3(3). The publisher went fine but the subscriber is stopped on the password phrase. I get an error of either the password phrase is wrong or I have a network connection problem. I can ping both and all the passwords are the same for all passwords. Four letters and three numbers. No funny stuff )(*&^%$#@!~. Can anyone help. TAC is running 2 to 6 hours behind. What a Pain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott Voll
Network Analyst, CCNA
Willamette ESD
Phone: (503) 385-4571
scott.voll [at] wesd

wsisk at cisco

Aug 21, 2003, 5:41 AM

RE: call manager upgrade [In reply to]

Scott,

This happens because the "private phrase" for 3.3.3 publisher install
is a randomly gernerated seed that cannot be known. If you need
to install a subscriber, you will need to run adminutility.exe on the
publisher and set the private phrase to a known value. Then install
your subscriber and use the known value.

/Wes