Mailing List Archive: Cisco: VOIP

Cisco UCM heads up: CSCtq10477 Route Group Members being skipped and reporting as device down

wsisk at cisco

Sep 4, 2013, 11:03 AM

Cisco UCM heads up: CSCtq10477 Route Group Members being skipped and reporting as device down

We're seeing many customers impacted by this issue. Consider checking your own networks and remediating if necessary.

I am investigating why it's missing from the Cisco UCM Hot Issues RSS feeds but wanted to get you guys started early.

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCtq10477

Regards,
Wes

jason.aarons at dimensiondata

Sep 4, 2013, 11:46 AM

I have customer with a bunch of MGCP/VG224s, they reported some issues where 9.1.1.21018-1 CCM send the SIP Invite to the PSTN then sends a MGCP/RSIP from CCM to the VG224. The PSTN end rings but call failed. They rebooted the VG224 so I don't have any show log. Would this bug apply?

We're seeing many customers impacted by this issue. Consider checking your own networks and remediating if necessary.

I am investigating why it's missing from the Cisco UCM Hot Issues RSS feeds but wanted to get you guys started early.

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCtq10477

Regards,
Wes

itevomcid

dpagan at fidelus

Sep 4, 2013, 12:01 PM

Re: Cisco UCM heads up: CSCtq10477 Route Group Members being skipped and reporting as device down [In reply to]

Thanks - I'd like to add that although the defect details mention only H323 and MGCP, we've confirmed (through TAC, few internal cases, and trace review) that SIP Trunk RG members are also skipped.

Hope this helps.

- Daniel

We're seeing many customers impacted by this issue. Consider checking your own networks and remediating if necessary.

I am investigating why it's missing from the Cisco UCM Hot Issues RSS feeds but wanted to get you guys started early.

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCtq10477

Regards,
Wes

dpagan at fidelus

Sep 4, 2013, 1:31 PM

I can be wrong but based on personal experience I'd say this likely doesn't apply. Whenever I investigated this issue, RouteList would perform a lookup for RG members, find a device, and then report it as down even though the gateway was available. Basically, RouteList would never extend the call to one or more affected RG members. If you had other gateways or trunks in associated RGs, and those endpoints weren't affected, then the call should proceed just fine. From what I've seen it's pretty much a binary thing.. the call is extended to a RG member it isn't.. but I've yet to see the problem "fix itself" and produce mixed results. The RSIP you mentioned and ringing also makes me think it's likely a separate problem. I would expect no ringing and an immediate DLCX.

I have customer with a bunch of MGCP/VG224s, they reported some issues where 9.1.1.21018-1 CCM send the SIP Invite to the PSTN then sends a MGCP/RSIP from CCM to the VG224. The PSTN end rings but call failed. They rebooted the VG224 so I don't have any show log. Would this bug apply?

We're seeing many customers impacted by this issue. Consider checking your own networks and remediating if necessary.

I am investigating why it's missing from the Cisco UCM Hot Issues RSS feeds but wanted to get you guys started early.

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCtq10477

Regards,
Wes

itevomcid

rratliff at cisco

Sep 4, 2013, 1:34 PM

Re: Cisco UCM heads up: CSCtq10477 Route Group Members being skipped and reporting as device down [In reply to]

Do you enable "run on all nodes" on your SIP trunks? Looks like this is related to multi-node scenarios somy initial read makes me suspect SIP trunks that run locally may not be impacted.

-Ryan

Thanks Id like to add that although the defect details mention only H323 and MGCP, weve confirmed (through TAC, few internal cases, and trace review) that SIP Trunk RG members are also skipped.

Hope this helps.

- Daniel

We're seeing many customers impacted by this issue. Consider checking your own networks and remediating if necessary.

I am investigating why it's missing from the Cisco UCM Hot Issues RSS feeds but wanted to get you guys started early.

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCtq10477

Regards,
Wes

dpagan at fidelus