Mailing List Archive: Cisco: VOIP

CallManager Device > Gateway H323 > Called Party Transformation

jason.aarons at dimensiondata

Aug 20, 2012, 7:21 PM

CallManager Device > Gateway H323 > Called Party Transformation

Updating the phone display for Called Party (eg I dial 9,383-1111 and want the display to show To 383-1111). The phone display can be manipulated by the Called Party Transformation applied to H323 gateway right? Not just the route/patten/route list details.

See Figure 11.25
http://www.ciscopress.com/articles/article.asp?p=1745737&seqNum=8

tednugent73 at gmail

Aug 20, 2012, 8:05 PM

Re: CallManager Device > Gateway H323 > Called Party Transformation [In reply to]

I've been looking into this as well and I don't think thats right... I
initially thought the same thing but from what I was reading
transformations are unidirectional and translations on the patterns are
still displayed on the phone display for outbound calls. Mark Snow did a
nice writeup on this on his blog, I may have misread and I need to lab it
to completely understand but as I recall that was the theory.... Not sure
which writeup it was (1-3) that he covered it. Ya it's old but still a good
read if you haven't.

http://blog.ine.com/2009/12/07/building-global-dial-plans-in-cucm7-part-i-globalization/

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 10:21 PM, Jason Aarons (AM) <
jason.aarons [at] dimensiondata> wrote:

> Updating the phone display for Called Party (eg I dial 9,383-1111 and want
> the display to show To 383-1111). The phone display can be manipulated by
> the Called Party Transformation applied to H323 gateway right? Not just the
> route/patten/route list details.****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> See Figure 11.25****
>
> http://www.ciscopress.com/articles/article.asp?p=1745737&seqNum=8****
>
> ** **

dijohn at cisco

Aug 20, 2012, 10:52 PM

Re: CallManager Device > Gateway H323 > Called Party Transformation [In reply to]

It's always the called party's Xformation which affects the displayed
number. So, for an incoming call from the PSTN, it going to be the calling
part X.Form on the Phone.

--Divin

I've been looking into this as well and I don't think thats right... I
initially thought the same thing but from what I was reading transformations
are unidirectional and translations on the patterns are still displayed on
the phone display for outbound calls. Mark Snow did a nice writeup on this
on his blog, I may have misread and I need to lab it to completely
understand but as I recall that was the theory.... Not sure which writeup it
was (1-3) that he covered it. Ya it's old but still a good read if you
haven't.

http://blog.ine.com/2009/12/07/building-global-dial-plans-in-cucm7-part-i-gl
obalization/

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 10:21 PM, Jason Aarons (AM)
<jason.aarons [at] dimensiondata> wrote:
> Updating the phone display for Called Party (eg I dial 9,383-1111 and want the
> display to show To 383-1111). The phone display can be manipulated by the
> Called Party Transformation applied to H323 gateway right? Not just the
> route/patten/route list details.
>

> See Figure 11.25
> http://www.ciscopress.com/articles/article.asp?p=1745737&seqNum=8

tednugent73 at gmail

Aug 21, 2012, 10:33 AM

Re: CallManager Device > Gateway H323 > Called Party Transformation [In reply to]

I tested this in my lab and the outbound called party Xfrom on the gateway
does NOT change the phone display as a Strip PreDot would on a RP or RL