Mailing List Archive: Cisco: VOIP

UCCX Wrap up codes

sarjot at googlemail

Aug 16, 2012, 7:48 AM

UCCX Wrap up codes

Hi All,

We have a customer who want to change a number of Wrap up codes, but before doing this they wanted to know the impact on reports or any other functions of these were change.

Any advice on this will be appreiciated.

Sarj
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail

Aug 16, 2012, 10:42 AM

Re: UCCX Wrap up codes [In reply to]

Sarj,

The best approach here is to pick a date, like the end of a month, and make
the change then. Next, you would limit your reporting periods, to pre- and
post-change date ranges. In my opinion, this makes the migration much
easier.

So for example (assuming an IT help desk):

You have wrap-up codes:
100 = Print & Fax and 101 = E-Mail

And on July 31, 2012 you switch them to:
100 = E-Mail and 101 = Print & Fax

Now, you would tell your reporting personnel about the change, and they
would never report on a date range which spans all of July and August.
They would instead, run a report which ends on July 31, and then run a new
report which begins on August 1, and compare them independently. The
ability to continue to report on the pre-July 31st change will not last
forever, as the amount of storage used for retaining report data is
limited, and generally only nets you about 13 months. What that means is,
at some point in the future, all traces of the old wrap-up codes will be
out of the system completely.

Anthony

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 9:48 AM, <sarjot [at] googlemail> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We have a customer who want to change a number of Wrap up codes, but
> before doing this they wanted to know the impact on reports or any other
> functions of these were change.
>
> Any advice on this will be appreiciated.
>
> Sarj
> Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

sarjot at googlemail

Aug 16, 2012, 11:22 AM