Mailing List Archive: Cisco: VOIP

7965's running SCCP45.9-3-1-1S auto dial bug

ariemer at amnet

Aug 6, 2012, 6:57 PM

7965's running SCCP45.9-3-1-1S auto dial bug

Hi Guys,

Has anyone yet run into a bug in the new SCCP firmware (SCCP45.9-3-1-1S)
where randomly a phone will attempt to auto dial a number when the handset
is lifted / speaker button is pressed? Looking at the directory it was a
number in the missed call list (5th in the list to be precise).

I have seen this with my own eyes and can confirm the directory is not open.
The only fix seems to be a reset of the phone.

We have had multiple phones report of this issue but so far we can't
manually replicate the problem.

We are running CUCM 8.5 and 7965's.

I found a similar bug that I hope has not been brought back to life with the
new code.

CSCtz29414 Bug Details

7942/7962 - Call History is Auto-Dialed When Pressing Speaker Button

Symptom:
When a 7942/62 phone is populated with call history records (e.g.
received/placed/missed calls), the endpoint will auto-dial the number
contained in its call history when the speaker button is pressed.

Conditions:
IP Phone Call History contains Received/Placed/Missed Phone number record
prior to pressing speaker button to go off-hook. Phone will continue to
auto-dial the number listed in Call History once error condition is
experienced.

Workaround:
Reset IP Phone to clear error condition

1st Found-In

9.2(3)

Fixed-In
9.2(3)ES7
9.3(1)TH2.2
9.2(3)MN1.22

Anyone had similar issues? Would be great to hear from you.

Cheers,

Aaron.

SeniorJ at bennettjones

Aug 8, 2012, 10:11 AM

Re: 7965's running SCCP45.9-3-1-1S auto dial bug [In reply to]

Yes, I have had the identical problem here on 7975G and CUCM 8.0.3 - random users would pick up the phone, it would auto-dial the most recent caller in the call history list. The fix was to move us to to 9.1(2)S. We're now running 9.2(1)S in a stable environment on 8.6.
Cisco TAC quoted me CSCtj76712 - "Call is auto dialed when pressing speaker in an idle phone".
As you mentioned, the only workaround was for a user to reset their own phone.
Sometimes a hard reset (pulling power) would last a few days without the problem compared to a soft-reset.

-JP Senior

[...]

The contents of this message may contain confidential and/or privileged
subject matter. If this message has been received in error, please contact
the sender and delete all copies. Like other forms of communication,
e-mail communications may be vulnerable to interception by unauthorized
parties. If you do not wish us to communicate with you by e-mail, please
notify us at your earliest convenience. In the absence of such
notification, your consent is assumed. Should you choose to allow us to
communicate by e-mail, we will not take any additional security measures
(such as encryption) unless specifically requested.

ariemer at amnet

Aug 9, 2012, 4:10 AM

Re: 7965's running SCCP45.9-3-1-1S auto dial bug [In reply to]

Wow ok. We are running the very latest firmware though and I don't want to
roll back.

I think we need to go to 8.6 to resolve perhaps.

Thanks for posting.

Aaron.

[...]

smithsonianwa at gmail

Aug 9, 2012, 8:04 PM

Re: 7965's running SCCP45.9-3-1-1S auto dial bug [In reply to]

Hi Guys,

In any of your cases did the phones require stimulus? i.e. the speaker
button, or did they just decide to randomly dial numbers at other times by
themselves?
I have a 9971 (SIP) on CME, that decides to make calls by itself at random
times.
Completely different call control and protocol, but just curious really.

On the firmware. Ask TAC if the fix in 9.2(1)S is included in the version
of firmware you are running.

Cheers,

Tim

Aug 10, 2012, 6:27 PM

Re: 7965's running SCCP45.9-3-1-1S auto dial bug [In reply to]

No the calls are always auto dialled once the speaker button is pressed or
handset lifted.

I will let you know the outcome with TAC

Cheers,

Aaron.

[...]

ewellnitzvoip at gmail

Aug 10, 2012, 6:37 PM

Re: 7965's running SCCP45.9-3-1-1S auto dial bug [In reply to]

Are you running the rcc plugin? I have seen really weird behavior with that in certain revisions of ocs 2007 r2

Erich.Novak at nts

Oct 29, 2012, 3:45 AM

Re: 7965's running SCCP45.9-3-1-1S auto dial bug [In reply to]

Hi Aaron,

have you found something out about this issue ? My TAC Engineer is not finding anything, and to make it even worse, we're only hitting this issue when using a non standard locale.

brgds
Erich