Mailing List Archive: Cisco: VOIP

Change Music On Hold

me at mpking

Jul 16, 2012, 7:35 AM

Change Music On Hold

So we want to change Music On Hold.

We've already obtained, uploaded, and tested our music file on a few
phones. Works great.

I know to change it, it's Service > Service Parameters > Cisco Call Manager
> Default Network Hold MOH Audio Source ID
(and User as well)

My question. Will this cause phones to restart/re-register?

IE, can I do it during production hours, or should I wait.

Mike

miwilusz at cisco

Jul 16, 2012, 7:54 AM

Re: Change Music On Hold [In reply to]

Mike,

From experience, changing MoH will require resetting the devices in order for the change to take effect.

-mike

From: Mike King <me [at] mpking<mailto:me [at] mpking>>
Date: Monday, July 16, 2012 10:35 AM
To: "cisco-voip [at] puck<mailto:cisco-voip [at] puck>" <cisco-voip [at] puck<mailto:cisco-voip [at] puck>>
Subject: [cisco-voip] Change Music On Hold

So we want to change Music On Hold.

We've already obtained, uploaded, and tested our music file on a few phones. Works great.

I know to change it, it's Service > Service Parameters > Cisco Call Manager > Default Network Hold MOH Audio Source ID
(and User as well)

My question. Will this cause phones to restart/re-register?

IE, can I do it during production hours, or should I wait.

Mike

mike.lydick at gmail

Jul 16, 2012, 7:59 AM

Re: Change Music On Hold [In reply to]

Should not require a reset if devices, common device configurations are
using default.

Remember to the wav has to be uploaded to all MOH servers...

Best Regards,

Mike Lydick

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 10:54 AM, Mike Wilusz (miwilusz) <miwilusz [at] cisco