Mailing List Archive: Cisco: VOIP

Odd Unity Connection problem

mikeeo at msn

Jul 12, 2012, 7:06 AM

Odd Unity Connection problem

I have a issue where a previous engineer setup up certain mailboxes to
redirect back to the operator if they don't answer.

I can't find the rule or the configuration he/she did. I did a unity
connection port monitor and I see the call come in and hit the PHTransfer
APP status the Display status says "Answer Phone if Needed" and State says
" PH Transfer.cde"

Anyone know a way of tracing this down better? I checked the users transfer
and greeting settings don't see a problem.

Thanks,

Mike

me at mpking

Jul 12, 2012, 7:17 AM

Re: Odd Unity Connection problem [In reply to]

What version of Connection?

Why are you looking at connection actually, sounds like you should be
looking at Call manager if you replace the word mailboxes with extensions:
setup up certain extensions to redirect back to the operator if they don’t
answer.

As far as I understand, if Voicemail get's the call, it's answered.

Check Call manager for the Forward No Answer Settings.

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 10:06 AM, Mike <mikeeo [at] msn> wrote:

> I have a issue where a previous engineer setup up certain mailboxes to
> redirect back to the operator if they don’t answer.****
>
> ** **
>
> I can’t find the rule or the configuration he/she did. I did a unity
> connection port monitor and I see the call come in and hit the PHTransfer
> APP status the Display status says “Answer Phone if Needed” and State says
> “ PH Transfer.cde”****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> Anyone know a way of tracing this down better? I checked the users
> transfer and greeting settings don’t see a problem.****
>
> ** **
>
> Thanks,****
>
> Mike****

Robin.Clayton at rrfa

Jul 12, 2012, 7:29 AM

Re: Odd Unity Connection problem [In reply to]

I would be checking Call manager first too. Unless there is a reason your sure unity is handling it?

Rob

Robin Clayton

Network Transition Manager
Richard Rose Federation